ADVERTISEMENT

Quick stuff (dook game 2)...

Lunardi and the polls love Tennessee.. when Tennessee lost 3 in a row they were still high up in the rankings (even though they lost to good teams). And now with 7 losses and a loss to UNC, they should not be ahead of us when we have 6 losses and beat them. Same with Arizona, they have 7 losses to our 6. Our resume is good enough to keep us above either team without hearing any excuses.
I agree and will add that UNC has benefited and faired very well on selection Sunday in its history.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
NET is a joke.. who is to say these teams in the SEC are better than the ones in the ACC? That's just opinion based. Last time I checked, we tied in the ACC vs SEC challenge. ACC could potentially get 6 teams in this year and would be more if they didn't hate our conference so much... keep hating..
...and AZ plays in a 2-bid conference.

I don't know why Purdue gets a #1. In their past ten appearances, the best finish was an EE - once. They've been booted in the first round four times out of that ten. Their last three appearances: lost to a 13-seed, lost to a 15-seed, and last year's first-round loss to a 16-seed.

Zona played a very tough non conference schedule. They are 8-3 in quad 1. We are 7-4, Tennesee 7-6. We are behind both in the NET and Kempom. Not by much though.

With the pod system or whatever we will play the 1st two rounds basically at home either way as a top 2 seed. I'm OK with it being a 1 or a 2. Going to be similar matchups.
Yah but I sort of prefer the merit and distinction of how many times we’ve been a one seed. And if it’s close, which it is - us beating UT head to head is huge. Remember some of our losses were with a hurt unavailable Trimble. We just beat #9 dook in their house on senior night. UT lost to the #17 team at home on same.

Az is not in the equation. They took yesterday off. Auto disqualified for 1. One of the lower 2s at best.

Zona played a very tough non conference schedule. They are 8-3 in quad 1. We are 7-4, Tennesee 7-6. We are behind both in the NET and Kempom. Not by much though.

With the pod system or whatever we will play the 1st two rounds basically at home either way as a top 2 seed. I'm OK with it being a 1 or a 2. Going to be similar matchups.
How’d Zona and UT do yesterday compared to UNC. How’d UT do vs UNC head to head.

Yah but I sort of prefer the merit and distinction of how many times we’ve been a one seed. And if it’s close, which it is - us beating UT head to head is huge. Remember some of our losses were with a hurt unavailable Trimble. We just beat #9 dook , FOR THE SECOND TIME THIS SEASON TO ELIMINATE ANY DOUBT, in their house on senior night. UT lost to the #17 team at home on same.

Az is not in the equation. They took yesterday off. Auto disqualified for 1. One of the lower 2s at best.
SORRY BUT HAD TO FIX THAT! LOL

• Love
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
How’d Zona and UT do yesterday compared to UNC. How’d UT do vs UNC head to head.
They get seeded for the season. Yesterday's results certainty helped UNC's resume while dropping the other two. They all seem on par to me at this point. I'm not overly concerned about who is the last 1 seed or a top 2 seed. Think they all have a legit case though.

Great game.

Man, we have to come up with better sets at the end of the game when we are trying to use clock.

We played too well to squander a double digit lead away.

I am a proponent of keeping the ball moving rather than holding it up top until 10 seconds left. If we do have multiple players that can hurt you then that should be the play. Too easy for defensive help without being able to swing to the open guy the way we are doing it now. Should have never been that tight at the end of the game except for the empty possessions that come as a result of our end of game strategy.

Reactions: gregkb14
Great game.

Man, we have to come up with better sets at the end of the game when we are trying to use clock.

We played too well to squander a double digit lead away.

I am a proponent of keeping the ball moving rather than holding it up top until 10 seconds left. If we do have multiple players that can hurt you then that should be the play. Too easy for defensive help without being able to swing to the open guy the way we are doing it now. Should have never been that tight at the end of the game except for the empty possessions that come as a result of our end of game strategy.
1 point on Cadeau’s 3 Free throws to Davis on clothes line and the punk call on Ryan that led to A three Six point swing and 10 point win

I don't care about seeding as much as I care about not being in UCONN's region - just keep us out of that. If losing the first game of the ACC tourney pairs us with Houston or Purdue, I am all for it

This game will for me be known as Ryan's Song with respect to Ryan O'Neal and Ali Mcgraw, this was Ryan's swan song for regular season play for his career, he said good bye to Carmeron! He has been up and down all season shooting wise but last night he was on fire and we needed it. He has worked hard to become a solid defender all season, been very vocal out there, showed great leadership, and he saved his best for last!

The refs allowed a LOT of physical play, after running thru RJ I began to wonder exactly what Flipperkwalski had to do to pick up that 5th foul, I guess we will never know? That guy has great talent but he has a bush league streak in him that is very Laetner like. Clearly duke made an effort after half time to get the flipper flopper more involved, in doing so McCain went quiet for a long stretch. That trip on Ingram is just one example of this kid's bush league traits. They straight up robbed Cadeau on that trey they called a 2 even AFTER reviewing it. I didn't like they called Bacot for shoving off and yes he did and yes it was a foul but they had allowed that from both teams al game yet tagged Bacot for it late? Just running over RJ for what may have been flipper flop's 10th foul and no call and no make up for any of those? The refs did let both teams play and not get whistle happy and I do prefer that to the quick whistles but some things just have to be called and duke benefitted constantly from the slow whistle. The trip should be reviewed by the league office and action taken but you know they will take no action against a dukie.

Ingram, man, that kid played such a good game, he may not have shot great but he was every where, big time rebounding game AGAIN, hit critical free throws late, and just put in work. Seth was really good and you just can't look at the box score to see it, when he comes in a scorer goes quiet, what he chips in with points is gravy! JWit with 8 huge boards and just hard solid play/work, really happy for him. Bacot was more focused on the defensive end and I don't think he had a first half foul? Flipper flopper held him all night, clear hook & hold and what was it called, a common foul?

Credit to RJ, he just played within the flow and didn't try to force things, the attention they gave to RJ left Ryan clean looks, just shows the un-selfish nature of this team. JWash gave us really good minutes, that was a man's stick back in the deep paint with dukies all around him.

But yeah, this was Ryan's song and he was in tune!
Excellent comment. Nicely done.

It would not be surprising if we end up the 2 seed in Zona's bracket with them as the 1. I would also expect Kansas to be the 3.

It would not be surprising if we end up the 2 seed in Zona's bracket with them as the 1. I would also expect Kansas to be the 3.
I think the 3 1 seeds are set in Houston UConn and Purdue no matter what. And az plays in a weak conference. Their one seed goose died last Sat night. It’s between UNC and UT. I think whoever goes further in conference tourney gets the one seed and if they go equally far, UNC gets the nod due to head to head win.

Arizona is the 2 seed in the west regardless. Tennessee or us as the 1 seed in the west. If it's Tenn, then we get UConn unless they are the overall 1 seed and we are the 5 overall in which case we'll get Purdue. I'm 95% sure of this...

Unless in that 5%, we lose our first game in the conf tourney and Tenn loses their first game in the conf tourney and Arizona wins or is in the finals of their conf tourney. Then AZ is the 1 seed in the west and then we are still UConn's 2 seed unless they are 1 overall and we are 5 overall. Then we'll get Purdue.

2 seeds go by closest regional to home except the 5 overall can't be matched with the 1 overall.

Reactions: Heelicious
All I know is that isn't it great to be in contention for a 1 seed again? Selection Sunday will be fun again this year.
Amen! My kids are out of house now - but selection Sunday had been a fun family tradition. Will be nice to have it back as relevant for Heels like you said.

Even with a lot of change for the worst in college bb over the last few years, I still love this time of year and the conference and ncaa tourney

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT