ADVERTISEMENT

Really wish we could have gotten this kid admitted - Sam Pittman got lucky

Dec 31, 2014
http://www.arkansasfight.com/2014/9/24/6842397/arkansas-recruiting-update-josh-allen-commits-to-the-razorbacks

Arkansas Recruiting Update: Josh Allen Commits To The Razorbacks
By 18

Offensive Lineman (Guard) 6'3" 305 lbs. Jacksonville, FL

 SHARE

Just another big 'ole offensive lineman for Sam Pittman and Bret Bielema to get to play with.
Josh Allen is coming to Arkansas in an unorthodox way. He originally signed with North Carolina in February, but was released when the UNC admissions department wouldn't let him enroll (you might remember all the academic issues the Tar Heels have been embroiled in recently, so ain't no one getting cut any slack there right now). The Tar Heels' loss is Arkansas' gain, as he has finally been accepted by the University of Arkansas and can enroll in January.
Allen is considered a high 3* prospect who held over 20 scholarship offers from the likes of Florida State, Georgia, Nebraska, Miami, Missouri, Mississippi State and several others.
When he signed with North Carolina, the UNC recruiting reporter at 247 said, "Allen brings great size, an angry style of play, quick feet and a terrific work ethic to Chapel Hill." That angry style of play will be heading to Fayetteville here in a few months.
Allen is the 15th commitment in the class of 2015 for the Hogs, and the third offensive lineman along with Zach Rogers and Colton Jackson.

This post was edited on 1/11 2:23 PM by UNC9T

Yeah he and a couple of others. But when you are under the microscope..............

I agree with you Blue, he has talent and getting coached up by Sam Pittman will probably be great for him. I am actually glad for him that he landed at Arkansas, and I would like to think our coaching staff helped him find a home there. Everything I have heard indicated he was a quality kid who really wanted to be here at UNC,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT