ADVERTISEMENT

RJ Davis' 15 Best Games as a Tar Heel

RJ is one of the greatest Tar Heels in history right now. I remember when he was recruited and decided to join. I thought he would be a nice piece but might be a bit undersized to make a long-term impact! I have never been more wrong. RJ is one tough little nut and will go down in history as one of our most impactful players! He is a lifelong Family member who I am sure will return to help sharpen new recruits in the Summers!

I pray he gets to go out on some really great terms!

Yes, RJ is a really really good college player but I am not sure I would have said that before last season?

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
RJ is one of the greatest Tar Heels in history right now. I remember when he was recruited and decided to join. I thought he would be a nice piece but might be a bit undersized to make a long-term impact! I have never been more wrong. RJ is one tough little nut and will go down in history as one of our most impactful players! He is a lifelong Family member who I am sure will return to help sharpen new recruits in the Summers!

I pray he gets to go out on some really great terms!
Wow .. you must not be very old TP. In my book RJ has been a great representative for UNC but in the big pic he aint been all that and it's not even close. Bottom line is he is (maybe) a 6' shooting guard and he was pressed in to shooting because in his time there simply were few interior options. And as a pg he has been a total disaster. Kenny Smith, Ty Lawson, Phil Ford were pg's and the UNC true 2 guards are even more impressive. We will agree to disagree brother but the list of great both 1&2 guards at UNC is lengthy and imo RJ is WAY down on the list .. no disrespect intended to either you or RJ.

Wow .. you must not be very old TP. In my book RJ has been a great representative for UNC but in the big pic he aint been all that and it's not even close. Bottom line is he is (maybe) a 6' shooting guard and he was pressed in to shooting because in his time there simply were few interior options. And as a pg he has been a total disaster. Kenny Smith, Ty Lawson, Phil Ford were pg's and the UNC true 2 guards are even more impressive. We will agree to disagree brother but the list of great both 1&2 guards at UNC is lengthy and imo RJ is WAY down on the list .. no disrespect intended to either you or RJ.
I think there is definitely middle ground. Don’t underestimate the FACT that he is in the rafters in the Dean Done. You compared him to some greats for sure. UNC has had its fair share, and he is one of them. Has there been greater? Of course, but he’s in line far ahead of many many UNC players.

Did my statement cause peeps to believe I said he was the greatest we have ever had??? He is among our great Tar Heels and his name will forever be honored in the rafters! I think this alone puts him on the list, but others are free to form their own opinions! The great news for Family is that his story isn't quite finished!

Reactions: al would
RJ is one of the greatest Tar Heels in history right now. I remember when he was recruited and decided to join. I thought he would be a nice piece but might be a bit undersized to make a long-term impact! I have never been more wrong. RJ is one tough little nut and will go down in history as one of our most impactful players!
Did my statement cause peeps to believe I said he was the greatest we have ever had???
Yeah .. that first sentence kind of sounded that way but when you put it in context, or just leave that first sentence out I agree 100% in that he is a tough little nut as Roy might say and has been an impactful (some good some not so) player throughout his career and I sincerely hope this is his best year ever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT