ADVERTISEMENT

'Roid rage? Moo coach assaults Clemson player

heelbent

Who?
Mar 12, 2003
Video of moo "coach" hitting DeShaun Watson. This needs to go to the ACC offices so that Swoff can handle it for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raising Heel
Swoff is working his magic! Getting ready to come up on ESPN.

Let the whining begin!

Swofford...too work magic...should fire half of the officials working ACC games....some atrocious and puzzling officiating this weekend.

Remember a few years ago when a UNC player was suspended for a game when he ran into a Duke receiver pre snap. Well, this is 100 times worse. Guy should at the minimum be suspended the rest of the year. You cannot do that.

This was an example of a battery not an assault...now the coach could have said something causing the player to think he was under a imminent threat or just more than likely simple battery for the "touching"...still a misdemeanor charge...curious though how quickly others stepped between him and the player...

Meanwhile, ND coach Brian Kelly was Assaulting his own staff..lol

Wonder if the ACC will do anything about this at all?

It's mentioned on ESPN website, so it's getting national attention.... FWIW.

Now, did anybody see WVU's coach dap Trevor Boykin the other day after the TCU QB made a great play to pick up a first down? Pretty classy for a coach of an opposing team to do that; but he was being a good sport in acknowledging a great play by a great player.

Meanwhile, over at the cow pasture....

It's mentioned on ESPN website, so it's getting national attention.... FWIW.

Now, did anybody see WVU's coach dap Trevor Boykin the other day after the TCU QB made a great play to pick up a first down? Pretty classy for a coach of an opposing team to do that; but he was being a good sport in acknowledging a great play by a great player.

Meanwhile, over at the cow pasture....

Right, but ESPn is calling it a "shove" Moo coach took a swing at Watson's head- that's no shove.

He didn't Woody Hayes him (ironic that this happened against Clemson, isn't it?), but it was more than a shove. He hit him in the upper arm/shoulder. If Watson hadn't been waking away, it would've landed with a greater impact.

Clemson has a legacy of opposing coaches attacking their players.

iAOK5tL.0.gif

Bottom line this coach should be suspended. If Watson would have responded in any way, the media would have spun it to make it seem like he was a thug. They should treat the coach the same way.

Reactions: Baby Debo
Right, but ESPn is calling it a "shove" Moo coach took a swing at Watson's head- that's no shove.

I was really hoping to see more than what it was being a Moo coach, but, c'mon, that is nothing more than a shove. And it's clear Watson turned and said something to him.
Bottom line this coach should be suspended. If Watson would have responded in any way, the media would have spun it to make it seem like he was a thug. They should treat the coach the same way.

While he was not "hit" but merely shoved, I still agree the coach should get a suspension of sorts. Gotta know better even though it is fairly clear Watson did turn back to the coach, as he left for the field, and said something ... then the shove.

I was really hoping to see more than what it was being a Moo coach, but, c'mon, that is nothing more than a shove. And it's clear Watson turned and said something to him.

While he was not "hit" but merely shoved, I still agree the coach should get a suspension of sorts. Gotta know better even though it is fairly clear Watson did turn back to the coach, as he left for the field, and said something ... then the shove.

Watson turns and points a finger because the State coach knocked the ball out of his hands when they first meet.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Watson turns and points a finger because the State coach knocked the ball out of his hands when they first meet.
Never noticed the ball swat thing until you just pointed it out. Good call. What a sore loser that coach is.

That being said, I don't want him suspended because I want Moo to continue their losing ways in the ACC ;)

Does anybody know who the moo coach was? Why didn't the acc office comment on this?

Does anybody know who the moo coach was? Why didn't the acc office comment on this?

The ACC has been otherwise engaged this week. Only way this could be a big deal would if Clemson was pressing the issue.

Clemson, to their credit, has more important things to worry about and can just point at the scoreboard and laugh at Moo like the rest of us have been doing for countless years on end.

The ACC has been otherwise engaged this week. Only way this could be a big deal would if Clemson was pressing the issue.

Clemson, to their credit, has more important things to worry about and can just point at the scoreboard and laugh at Moo like the rest of us have been doing for countless years on end.
If Yow had any balls (she probably does) she would step in and suspend him for a week or so.

Really...a post was made about that and people think the coach should be suspended? wow

Substitute Watson for a dook player and imagine the outrage. Cut would be on his soapbox, ESPN would be running the replay 24/7, refs would be suspended and the ncsu coach would be banned from even having a fantasy league team

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT