ADVERTISEMENT

Ruffin McNeill stepping down

East Carolina will never hire a coach that loves the community,the school, the kids anymore than Ruff. But Ruff was lacking as a coach and that was very apparent when Lincoln Riley left

Pretty sure that would break some federal employment laws. Seems weird ECU would risk something like that.
they didnt say come out and say that when they let him go, but i trust the people who actually played for ecu and they all to a man said the administrators wont say it out loud, but it was because of his weight.. these players said that

they didnt say come out and say that when they let him go, but i trust the people who actually played for ecu and they all to a man said the administrators wont say it out loud, but it was because of his weight.. these players said that
I understand worries about weight issues negatively impacting what a coach can do. But surely they could have done something other than what they did.

I also know what Cookieman50 means - Ruffin McNeill is limited as both HC and DC. He needs truly top notch coordinators to be consistently successful as HC. But when such a coach has own for you, and you are his alma mater, you come up with something when you feel you must ease him out as HC. Make him Associate AD for football fundraising or something.

And you certainly don't hire a Dook grad, Dook assistant to replace a guy like Ruffin McNeill. That has cursed ECU football.

Ruff had hip replacement and gastric bypass after his first year here so doubtful that had anything to do with his departure. Now his public speaking was rumored to be a big bother for some high level donors. Either way he was loved by a lot of people here in Greenville and Mike Houston recognizes that and has publicly stated they need him back in the fold. But would you rather be at OU or ECU?

Ruff had hip replacement and gastric bypass after his first year here so doubtful that had anything to do with his departure. Now his public speaking was rumored to be a big bother for some high level donors. Either way he was loved by a lot of people here in Greenville and Mike Houston recognizes that and has publicly stated they need him back in the fold. But would you rather be at OU or ECU?
He's taking a year off to be with his ailing father. That is the opening for ECU to try to get him back to Greenville.

Reactions: Cookieman50
i can only go off what former players have told me. i choose to believe them since i grew up with several of them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT