ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan McGee Heisman Tracker

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
He starts with Caleb Williams #2, and UDub QB Michael Penix #2. Maye is #3.

For those who don't know, McGee grew up primarily in the Charlotte area. His dad was a long time ACC referee. Tagging along with his dad, he saw from the sidelines a whole slew of fine ACC football. For whatever reason, he went to college at Tennessee, which made him not just a hardcore Vol, but a hardcore SEC fan.

McGee opens his piece on Maye with this: "The history of Tar Heels football has always been dogged by a well-earned "good but not great, but how in the world have they never been great?" reputation. UNC's absence from the national football stage is baffling for a school with endless athletic resources while residing in a talent-rich state."

Only chance he has is if we win 10+ games. And I'm not even sure that will be enough at UNC. I think just getting to NY would be big for the program. If he can do that, then it would help with QB recruiting.

Only chance he has is if we win 10+ games. And I'm not even sure that will be enough at UNC. I think just getting to NY would be big for the program. If he can do that, then it would help with QB recruiting.
Yep, the NYC appearance would be great for the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT