ADVERTISEMENT

Sam howell

He's received great reviews during practice sessions this week.

Threw some beautiful balls today, including a 50 yard bomb, ran one in from 25, had the announcers Wowing over his arm. :)

The West just couldn't match up to the skill on the East squad....The kid Murtz(sp?) who is going to Wisconsin threw for 5 TDs and was the game MVP.... Howell lead the East team to 3 more scores, including the rushing TD as mentioned above....

I know that Ruder and Fortin have a year under their belt, but they better get ready because they got some competition coming this spring....

Howell looked good yesterday!

On a side note: The WR talent in that game yesterday for the East was amazing, and several of those guys are headed to Oklahoma,along with the Rattler kid who played QB for the West yesterday....

On a side note: The WR talent in that game yesterday for the East was amazing, and several of those guys are headed to Oklahoma,along with the Rattler kid who played QB for the West yesterday....
A guy named Rattler playing for OU is funny.

Yeah pretty sure Howell starts , I live 3 miles from the High school he went to and people talk and his dad was heavily involved and Coached him.. Not saying he was told for sure he would be the Starter but many in this area think that the flip was made based on that..

Yeah pretty sure Howell starts , I live 3 miles from the High school he went to and people talk and his dad was heavily involved and Coached him.. Not saying he was told for sure he would be the Starter but many in this area think that the flip was made based on that..
No recruit should ever be told he will be the starter, even if the team was 0-12 and the 2 guys who shared his position were both seniors and the 3rd teamer transferred.

Both Fortin and Ruder have it in them to be top notch QBs on a P5 team. It is impossible to know that Howell is better than they are as UNC QBs before Spring practice ends.

Brown doesn't seem like the type to promise a starting spot. Especially the QB spot, which is probably the most important position in any sport.

Reactions: Archer2
No recruit should ever be told he will be the starter, even if the team was 0-12 and the 2 guys who shared his position were both seniors and the 3rd teamer transferred.

Both Fortin and Ruder have it in them to be top notch QBs on a P5 team. It is impossible to know that Howell is better than they are as UNC QBs before Spring practice ends.

100% agree. If any star freshman is as good as the hype, he will earn the spot anyway. Nothing should be given outright.

Reactions: Archer2
I think the jury’s still out.
I think he is going to start struggling again. He had the perfect storm the last couple years when no one paid attention to them. Now he is losing his good transfer QB, getting coaches poached, teams will get up for them more, and FSU should be much improved. I think they are losing some defensive talent as well.

I think he is going to start struggling again. He had the perfect storm the last couple years when no one paid attention to them. Now he is losing his good transfer QB, getting coaches poached, teams will get up for them more, and FSU should be much improved. I think they are losing some defensive talent as well.

Also, a lot of his success was built on the foundation of strong in-state recruiting. Now, if a Mack truck decides to run over that foundation, his success may not continue.

Also, a lot of his success was built on the foundation of strong in-state recruiting. Now, if a Mack truck decides to run over that foundation, his success may not continue.
Not really. He had one good year of in-state recruiting and this past year as well. His success was built on:

1. NFL quality QB transfers
2. Soft schedules
3. UNC and FSU being down
4. Hitting on a few sleeper recruits
5. Continuity on the coaching staff

As @tarheel0910 has noted many times, State really didn't recruit all that well. But to your point, Mack should start beating them out in recruiting and on the field.

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT