ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Up to Watch UNC and ACC Basketball

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
I intend to sign up with Sling tomorrow so I can watch nearly all the games. There will always be a couple that are blacked out locally, but seldom the biggest games.

Tomorrow (11/4) because that will renew monthly and get me through the NCAA championship - where I fully expect to see our team again.

Sling because it's relatively inexpensive and has worked well for me the last few years. Unless something has changed, the Orange Plan gets most ESPN coverage (not ESPN+) and the add-on Sports package delivers ACCN and ACCN+.

I hope the price is still OK.

What are you guys doing? Anything better for a reasonable price? I just want the best coverage for the lowest price. Not too proud to shop around.

I have YouTube TV year round. Much better than cable or satellite. But we could probably combine this with the other 50 threads you started about the subject. 😄

• Haha
Reactions: strummingram
I intend to sign up with Sling tomorrow so I can watch nearly all the games. There will always be a couple that are blacked out locally, but seldom the biggest games.

Tomorrow (11/4) because that will renew monthly and get me through the NCAA championship - where I fully expect to see our team again.

Sling because it's relatively inexpensive and has worked well for me the last few years. Unless something has changed, the Orange Plan gets most ESPN coverage (not ESPN+) and the add-on Sports package delivers ACCN and ACCN+.

I hope the price is still OK.

What are you guys doing? Anything better for a reasonable price? I just want the best coverage for the lowest price. Not too proud to shop around.
Sling has the best price out there, but I also have ESPN+. I have subscribed to Sling for the past few years because ESPN+ blocked out many of the ACCN games. Sling is offering some good deals right now.

Sling has the best price out there, but I also have ESPN+. I have subscribed to Sling for the past few years because ESPN+ blocked out many of the ACCN games. Sling is offering some good deals right now.
How much is ESPN+?

I see they are offering a Hulu, Disney+ and ESPN+ bundle. I wonder how much that costs and if it would give you all the games. I'm assuming there's a version of that bundle that includes Hulu Live.

They won't show me the bundle because I already subscribe to Hulu by itself. Pretty dumb of them.

But it does remind me that I need to cancel Hulu. Maybe then they'll show me the bundle.

I have YouTube TV year round. Much better than cable or satellite.
I tried that a few years ago. Much more expensive than Sling, but a lot more content. I went back to Sling when I realized YTTV wouldn't be carrying a bunch of games. I assume that's changed??

How much is YTTV these days?

How much is ESPN+?

I see they are offering a Hulu, Disney+ and ESPN+ bundle. I wonder how much that costs and if it would give you all the games. I'm assuming there's a version of that bundle that includes Hulu Live.

They won't show me the bundle because I already subscribe to Hulu by itself. Pretty dumb of them.

But it does remind me that I need to cancel Hulu. Maybe then they'll show me the bundle.
ESPN+ is $10 a month. The bundle which includes Hulu and Disney+ starts at $13.99. Hulu + Live TV will start including those three in December for $70 a month. Hulu Live has the worst interface of all time unless something has changed since I tried it.

I tried that a few years ago. Much more expensive than Sling, but a lot more content. I went back to Sling when I realized YTTV wouldn't be carrying a bunch of games. I assume that's changed??

How much is YTTV these days?
The only thing you can't get on YTTV is the Bally (formally FSN south) games. That's only a couple of games, though. I think the contract with them expires in the next couple of years, so it won't matter. YTTV is $65 a month, but like you mentioned it has a lot more content. It basically has most channels that regular cable/satellite has, just a lot cheaper and significantly better customer service.

How much is ESPN+?

ESPN+ is $4.99 per month if you currently subscribe to a participating cable outlet. I'm a Comcast subscriber. I will probably wait until about one hour before game time to see if I need to subscribe to Sling again this year. If ESPN+ blocks the game, I will subscribe to Sling once again and cancel immediately after the season.

Last edited:
ESPN+ is $4.99 per month. Very cheap. I will probably wait until about one hour before game time before to see if I need to subscribe to Sling again this year. If ESPN+ blocks the game, I will subscribe to Sling once again and cancel immediately after the season.
That’s one plus for YouTube tv, cancel anytime.

I get ESPN+. Hulu. Disney +, Discovery + as a part of my Verizon Cell bundle

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT