ADVERTISEMENT

Sizzler Promo Video circa 1991

one-up-america-20.jpg

Originally posted by Raising Heel:
I'm speechless.

Fortunately, the folks at Esquire who discoved the video are not. I'll let them take it from here....
And someone should take this commentary and subtitle it over the video.

A++ Raising Heel. Your work here is done today, unless you want extra credit.

I liked Sizzler, ate there many a time . . . are there any still around . . ?

Wow. This is gold throughout, but the creepy whispered "Sizzzlerrrr" at the very end really brings it all together. The bleach blonde in the black leather miniskirt is a nice touch too. Would.

Originally posted by BillyL:

There is one in Goldsboro, NC. I still eat there sometimes when I go home. I played baseball in the Valley League in 1988 in Madison, Va. There was one in Culpepper!

Originally posted by nctransplant:
Originally posted by BillyL:

There is one in Goldsboro, NC. I still eat there sometimes when I go home. I played baseball in the Valley League in 1988 in Madison, Va. There was one in Culpepper!
Okay, thanks . .

We had 3 or 4 here in Northern Virginia at one time IIRC . .

Originally posted by Heels in Space:
This is gold throughout, but the creepy whispered "Sizzzlerrrr" at the very end really brings it all together.
Doesn't it, though? My college buddies (early 1990s) and I would drop that into the middle of conversations all the time*. Just a completely random non-sequitur as an inside joke. I don't remember anything else about Sizzler's advertising, but that part definitely resonated for its creepy and hilarious qualities.

*Is it any wonder I couldn't get a date in college?

Originally posted by nctransplant:

I have to admit, took my wife on our first date to the Sizzler. I'm a big spender.
Nothing wrong with that . .

Originally posted by heelmanwilm:
When i played ball in high school stopping st sizzler was our pre game ritual. I used to get beef tips with peppers and onions and destroy the salad bar.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Beef tips and mushroom gravy here. And conquering the salad bar. Just do the salad bar now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT