ADVERTISEMENT

So How Long Before Scott Frost

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
gets fired? Losing to a program like Ga Southern, especially when that is GSU's first ever win over a P5 team, is something you cannot do. Worse, is that the new GSU coach is Clay Helton, fresh from being fired at SoCal. And that means that Helton may soon earn another shot at HC for a P5 team. He was 22 games over .500 at SC, including 3 division titles, 1 Pac championship, and 1 Rose Bowl victory.

gets fired? Losing to a program like Ga Southern, especially when that is GSU's first ever win over a P5 team, is something you cannot do. Worse, is that the new GSU coach is Clay Helton, fresh from being fired at SoCal. And that means that Helton may soon earn another shot at HC for a P5 team. He was 22 games over .500 at SC, including 3 division titles, 1 Pac championship, and 1 Rose Bowl victory.
I'll bet anyone $100 it happens today.

So now the issue is: who will replace Frost? Nebraska fans are now desperate to win again.

So now the issue is: who will replace Frost? Nebraska fans are now desperate to win again.
Nebraska will never be Nebraska again because it's located in Nebraska. It's just not a destination where top players want to go. The world of recruiting has changed too much since their championship days.

Nebraska will never be Nebraska again because it's located in Nebraska. It's just not a destination where top players want to go. The world of recruiting has changed too much since their championship days.
You really think it's a matter of geography? I mean, maybe it is, I don't know.

Columbus, Ohio is hardly a big draw, as far as being a cultural/social Mecca.

And, Tuscaloosa, Alabama is just... well... Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

You really think it's a matter of geography? I mean, maybe it is, I don't know.

Columbus, Ohio is hardly a big draw, as far as being a cultural/social Mecca.

And, Tuscaloosa, Alabama is just... well... Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Yes, it's absolutely geography. We'll just drop the political correctness and say it out loud. Black people don't want to play in the middle of Nebraska. As far as OSU and Alabama, they have stayed relevant which makes them popular and everyone knows that getting a bag is a powerful draw as well.

• Haha
Reactions: strummingram
Black people don't want to play in the middle of Nebraska.
dana-carvey-johnny-carson.gif

That's what I think. The best glory days are not coming back. They are rolling in BT super money, but it can't get a bunch of top players of today to leave warm weather areas.

I think that many top coaches will avoid that job for that reason. If Nebraska could get Matt Campbell, it should be thrilled. He's won consistently at bordering Iowa State, so he knows how to overachieve in that area.

The one guy with no experience in that region I would want to talk to if he has any interest is current Bama OC Bill O'Brien. He did a more than sound job at Penn St after the Sandusky horror story broke and Paterno was forced out. He has great NFL experience, which should help him recruit to Nebraska. And now he has 2 years experience learning from Saban. That's a great resume.

By the way, O'Brien has about 10 years as an assistant in the ACC. I'd welcome him to UNC.

hot rumor on a texas sports radio station this morning is nebraska is preparing to offer aranda at baylor a monster contract and he will accept.

that would’ve been my next choice here.

hot rumor on a texas sports radio station this morning is nebraska is preparing to offer aranda at baylor a monster contract and he will accept.

that would’ve been my next choice here.
I have no idea why anyone would want that job. Unless they are just chasing a bag, it's a horrible job.

I have no idea why anyone would want that job. Unless they are just chasing a bag, it's a horrible job.
disagree to an extent…it’s a great paying job, a great following job(fans), a great conference job.

it’s not great building it, not great fan patience.

it’s more money than baylor and those fans travel and support like clemson.

Reactions: Archer2
disagree to an extent…it’s a great paying job, a great following job(fans), a great conference job.

The right coach at Nebraska could become the top power in the western part of the Big Ten. But I don't think their Devaney/Osborne glory days are ever returning.

Reactions: gteeitup
As a long-suffering Panthers fan, I was hoping they'd want Rhule... like ALOT!
I'd be happy for UNC to take Rhule. Rhule rebuilt Baylor to an 11 Win team, and before that he had back to back 10 win teams at Temple. He may just be a college coach.

I'd be happy for UNC to take Rhule. Rhule rebuilt Baylor to an 11 Win team, and before that he had back to back 10 win teams at Temple. He may just be a college coach.
Agree. I thought he would be doing better by now, but it does look like he should stay in college. I would take him at UNC in a minute.

Find me a coach who can relocate Nebraska and that will be the guy. Until that day comes, it will just be a money grab at a school with fans that don't understand how today's football world works.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT