ADVERTISEMENT

So why did the SEC not decide on 11 games?

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
The SEC choosing only 10 league games means no FSU-UF, GT-UGA, Clemson-SoCar, or Louisville-UK.

The ACC decision made it possible for those games to be played.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
I'm hearing Auburn was really worried about our match up and pushed hard for the conference only schedule to get out of that game. They said that Bama and Carolina are just too much in one season.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I was really looking forward to watching that game, as well as the UCF game. I feel we’ll be lucky to get a couple of games in before the season is cancelled.

I read that the SEC went to conference only so they could cancel games against patsies like Western Carolina without having to pay money guaranteed to the patsies

My theory is they are resting on there national perception. They could trott out straight up hot garbage teams and the national pundits would tell you til they are dook blue in the face that the reason they look so bad is because they are the toughest conference with the toughest schedule.

Look for 2 sec teams in bcs championship. With their reputation they will only have good wins and there will no bad losses for them. If the bowl season gets drastically reduced I would not be surprised to have a final 8 this year. Boom for tv ratings and many of the campuses will be pretty much shut down by Thanksgiving - schools can self isolate teams on campus.

My theory is they are resting on there national perception. They could trott out straight up hot garbage teams and the national pundits would tell you til they are dook blue in the face that the reason they look so bad is because they are the toughest conference with the toughest schedule.
And they will get away with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT