ADVERTISEMENT

Someone please show Joel this list

How did the morons at espn miss laying off this guy?

Trevon Duval may be the 14th best PG next year but will not be the 14th best player. The guy's game got more holes than Swiss cheese. When I read his scouting report , I thought HTF is this guy the top PG prospect.

Gasaway has a hard on for Grayson Allen and faps to his pic several times a day.Rumor is he has nudes of Allen.

Reactions: gary-7
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-leads-list-top-25-players-college-basketball

#19 - behind three Duke players as well, including two freshmen. That should get his engine running!
I doubt you'll hafta worry about that. JB keeps a weather eye on social media. As we well know, opponents won't like Joel Berry when he's mad...:mad:

JB was better than Tripper in HS, he was better in AAU and he's better in college ---and that will extend to the pros. As for BSPN, I know they're bad about this sort of thing, but even I was shocked at how idiotic that list was.

Shark = jumped.

I doubt you'll hafta worry about that. JB keeps a weather eye on social media. As we well know, opponents won't like Joel Berry when he's mad...:mad:

JB was better than Tripper in HS, he was better in AAU and he's better in college ---and that will extend to the pros. As for BSPN, I know they're bad about this sort of thing, but even I was shocked at how idiotic that list was.

Shark = jumped.
I think the article is click bait. For obvious reasons. As far as JB being better? I think your splitting hairs. They've had a remarkably similar college career from individual standpoints. They both had very nice HS careers and played on the same AAU team the last year when Allen changed to Joel's squad. Allen and Berry were roughly right around the same ranking in terms of recruiting analysts are concerned. I'm a fan of Joel's game, but to say he will be better in the pros? I'd be willing to wager that.

I have no idea what "fapping" is, but looking at that list I assume it has something to do with being historically bad at your job!

Duval couldn't beat out Felton on our team and we wouldn't even let him carry JB's jock!

Jack the Tripper will be suspended by ACC time and he will be thrown under the bench bus any way by the Rat King!

Reactions: Heelicious

Shark = jumped.
I couldn't believe it until I actually read it.... Trip as the #1 overall player next year? Author gets pretty aroused at the sight of Dookies, like others have said. Maybe he should take into account more of how Trip played when he was actually ON the court last year..... nothing special against good competition. Can't recall him defending anyone - ever.

A bit off topic, though - its crazy looking through that top 25 list, how few guys I have heard of. Granted I'm not as dialed in to all college hoops teams and players as many others....

but it is just crazy / delusional / misguided how many guys declare for the draft, even though they are virtually guaranteed to NOT go in the first round, and are very sketchy in getting drafted at all. Like 3 guys at Oregon, for example. Bryant and Blackmon at Indiana. Dozier at S Car.

Who is guiding these guys? How is going to the D league a better option than proving yourself as "the man" on these teams, by coming back to college for another year. They are getting some really bad advice from some sketchy people with alterior motives.

Some of these guys declaring for the draft, make Bradley going look like an absolute slam dunk right decision.

But it also helps explain why the top 25 players next year looks almost all like a collection of no names and freshmen - whose impact definitely is yet to be proven at the college level

Last edited:
I couldn't believe it until I actually read it.... Trip as the #1 overall player next year? Author gets pretty aroused at the sight of Dookies, like others have said. Maybe he should take into account more of how Trip played when he was actually ON the court last year..... nothing special against good competition. Can't recall him defending anyone - ever.

A bit off topic, though - its crazy looking through that top 25 list, how few guys I have heard of. Granted I'm not as dialed in to all college hoops teams and players as many others....

but it is just crazy / delusional / misguided how many guys declare for the draft, even though they are virtually guaranteed to NOT go in the first round, and are very sketchy in getting drafted at all. Like 3 guys at Oregon, for example. Bryant and Blackmon at Indiana. Dozier at S Car.

Who is guiding these guys? How is going to the D league a better option than proving yourself as "the man" on these teams, by coming back to college for another year. They are getting some really bad advice from some sketchy people with alterior motives.

Some of these guys make Bradley going look like an absolute slam dunk right decision.

But it also helps explain why the top 25 players next year looks almost all like a collection of no names and freshmen - whose impact definitely is yet to be proven at the college level
Lotsa astute observations there bro. I attribute some of the attrition to the current OAD rule, which exacerbates the long-standing fact that many of these guys don't even want to be in school anyway. Combine that with a dose of ego and a smidge of instant gratification and well... you know the rest.

I post on here from time to time info I hear about handlers or even disingenuous outsiders who are willing to blow smoke up a kid's ass for an agent finders fee or an "arrangement" to be paid later --- and if that kid washes out, then hey, on to the next "prospect". And there are no more gullible marks than 16-19 yr old kids who have grown up hearing how great they are at the local gym... and then they start to get some national attention at the AAU level?... or they see themselves on Sports Center in college? Watch out!

As for us college basketball fans, you hit it spot on --- it's like relearning the landscape every season. When I was a kid I could recite the starting lineup and main subs for every ACC team in a given season. Good luck with that now!

The last time Joel was snubbed on one of these silly preseason top player lists, we won the national championship. And that was just of the best ACC players.

Yeah, someone definitely show him this.

I hate the OAD rule for exactly that reason! I would love to get to know the players like I used to so that is why I wish if they commit to a college they should have to stay 2 years OR go straight to the pros. I would add that they should be able to try the draft straight out of HS and if they are not selected, they should still be able to go to a college if they still have a scholly!

Reactions: Heelicious
Joel Berry being ranked so low is completely disrespectful to one of the frontrunners for NPOY. That's not homerism.

I think the article is click bait. For obvious reasons. As far as JB being better? I think your splitting hairs. They've had a remarkably similar college career from individual standpoints. They both had very nice HS careers and played on the same AAU team the last year when Allen changed to Joel's squad. Allen and Berry were roughly right around the same ranking in terms of recruiting analysts are concerned. I'm a fan of Joel's game, but to say he will be better in the pros? I'd be willing to wager that.

It's hard to say who will be the better pro. At first glance, it would be easy to say Allen has more potential because of his athletic ability and because of Berry's diminutive stature. However, and I'm not needlessly picking on Allen here, but the kid has some issues. How he responds this year will tell us how deep rooted those issues are. If he bounces back and has a banner year, then I'd say he might adjust well to the NBA. If he doesn't, I think it would forecast his inability to grow into an NBA player. But frankly, what each players' pro prospects are is insignificant to me. Berry's the better college player. He's a much better defender, a much better leader, he's tougher and every bit as productive offensively. To rank him so low on that list almost seems like the writer was purposely trolling Carolina fans. That's how absurd that is.

Just as importantly to me though, is that Berry is far more likable and easy to root for as well. There are many duke fans that begrudgingly appreciate Joel Berry (as evidenced by timo's statement). There are no Tar Heel fans that appreciate anything about Allen. Hell, much of the duke fan base doesn't even like him. And before timo or any other duke fans start crying about how the media has beaten Allen up and shaped the narrative on him, Allen wasn't really likable before he started his antics. Duke fans probably don't care all that much how likable he is and I wouldn't either if we were talking about a Carolina player. But don't let them fool you into thinking that the media falsely created Allen into a monster. He was whipping his head and limbs around since he showed up. It's just a brand of basketball that few people appreciate. As opposed to Berry, who's game and personality is one that lots of casual basketball fans gravitate towards.

They want allen to be #1 for this "redemption" season. LOL. Miles Bridges should actually be #1 imo. Berry and Tier from AZ should be higher.

Also when will they learn about these freshman smh. Last year Bolden was on everyone top 25. We saw how that played out. That's just one example. They need to stop with the new shiny toy hype.

Joel Berry being ranked so low is completely disrespectful to one of the frontrunners for NPOY. That's not homerism.

It's hard to say who will be the better pro. At first glance, it would be easy to say Allen has more potential because of his athletic ability and because of Berry's diminutive stature. However, and I'm not needlessly picking on Allen here, but the kid has some issues. How he responds this year will tell us how deep rooted those issues are. If he bounces back and has a banner year, then I'd say he might adjust well to the NBA. If he doesn't, I think it would forecast his inability to grow into an NBA player. But frankly, what each players' pro prospects are is insignificant to me. Berry's the better college player. He's a much better defender, a much better leader, he's tougher and every bit as productive offensively. To rank him so low on that list almost seems like the writer was purposely trolling Carolina fans. That's how absurd that is.

Just as importantly to me though, is that Berry is far more likable and easy to root for as well. There are many duke fans that begrudgingly appreciate Joel Berry (as evidenced by timo's statement). There are no Tar Heel fans that appreciate anything about Allen. Hell, much of the duke fan base doesn't even like him. And before timo or any other duke fans start crying about how the media has beaten Allen up and shaped the narrative on him, Allen wasn't really likable before he started his antics. Duke fans probably don't care all that much how likable he is and I wouldn't either if we were talking about a Carolina player. But don't let them fool you into thinking that the media falsely created Allen into a monster. He was whipping his head and limbs around since he showed up. It's just a brand of basketball that few people appreciate. As opposed to Berry, who's game and personality is one that lots of casual basketball fans gravitate towards.
This post is an awesome summary of Tripper, and who dislikes him and why, how he got to where he now is in terms of perception.....
and why Trip will NEVER be half the respectable, character leader and man that JB already is.

Great post GSD.

I am not splitting hairs. Allen came off the bench for E1T1, BTW.

There was a very good reason JB was an unprecedented (and likely never to be repeated) 3-time FL all-classification Player of the Year. His under-ranking is still a joke in AAU circles and as we've seen JB has proven the "analysts" wrong. There was however a very good reason he was a HS AA.

Allen is athletic and shoots the ball well, but when he doesn't get bailed out by zebras his out-of-control drives don't play quite so well... and his "defense" is MIA (unless soccer "tackles" and flops count as defense) and he doesn't make players around him better. I would in no way say their careers are remarkably similar.

Last edited:
If he played for dook, uk or Kansas he'd be the toast of BSPN. If I didn't know better I might think some media folks are mad at Little Dog for winning a Natty.

That he won on 2 hurt ankles.....espn just wants this to be the redemption Allen sr season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT