ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game thoughts(long read)

botate

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2004
Prospect Hill, NC
A+ to the big man for the awesome weather. There was a better than average crowd in attendance. Personally, I don’t go to open practices or Spring games to gauge the team performance or make a call on “How’s the season going to be”. It’s more of the focus on certain players or subsets of players. Today I wanted to watch the defense, specifically the DB group.

First of all, the defense overall appears to be more aggressive and quicker on the snap. We are going to pressure the QB more. I know it’s practice, but I only saw a play or two where there was any confusion/scramble to get set. On to the secondary. Still lots of room for improvement and growth, but I actually saw them looking for the ball. Maybe someone else saw it differently, but they played very physical and looked the strongest I’ve seen them in a while. I’m not going to make comparisons, but I’m excited to see how they do in the fall. Let me just say….this might really be the resurrection of the Rude Boyz.

So, let me be honest. While I love watching the team. Any chance(rain or shine)that I get to go hangout in Kenan Stadium, I am there. Especially if I can enjoy time with my crew. It’s therapy to get away from the grind. Bonus time when you can talk to players from the past and players family members/friends just to hear there thoughts on what’s going on.

Tez Walker’s Dad-“We could have went anywhere in the country. We had Offers from all the big names, but we chose UNC. We chose Drake. We are here to score touchdowns and make plays. We want to win big and get picked early in the draft. Thig caught us at the right time and we are extremely happy to be in Chapel Hill”. Tez came up to his Dad in the stands and the first thing his Dad told him. “You better give Drake more love than what you gave him after he gifted you that TD pass. He set your ass up on that one. When you see Nate, tell him to do the same”. 😂😂😂

My final points for this long post…….

*Year 5 for Mack. This is 100% his players and enough time to have his system in place.

*Defense will be better, I want to say much better. But, I said this last year and that never happened.

*A++ on the portal player additions

*This is THE year(Okay, I have said this a few times over the past 30 years).

*THANK GOD WE HAVE DRAKE MAYE!!!!!
(Deana King was right when I talked to her after we flipped Drake from Bama. She was adamant that Drake was going to be better than Sam)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News