ADVERTISEMENT

Stackhouse

Haven't seen a Vandy game. What's his coaching style like?

Beats uk again and maybe just punched Vandy a ticket to the dance.
Wait. Does that mean we won't play them in the NIT?

I was looking forward to that game.

Looking at Bracketology, I see them in the First 4 Out, so I guess they need to win another or get lucky to make the NCAAT.

We could still face Cincinnati and Wes in the NIT.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoseHeel
Wait. Does that mean we won't play them in the NIT?

I was looking forward to that game.

Looking at Bracketology, I see them in the First 4 Out, so I guess they need to win another or get lucky to make the NCAAT.

We could still face Cincinnati and Wes in the NIT.
So you were looking foward to which game in the NIT??

The dude is a good coach. It’ll be interesting to see if he sticks around at Vandy or climbs the ladder to a program with less recruiting hurdles. Doing more with less sure has been fun to watch…

https://tarheelswire.usatoday.com/2...rry-stackhouse-wins-co-sec-coach-of-the-year/
His team looks better coached than UNC right now. No doubt.

I doubt he will stay at Sandy long. Unless he really likes living in. Nashville. The issue may then be, is he going to want to leave for a bigger college program, or an NBA HC job?

Sorry, I thought I was clear.

If Vandy or Cincinnati end up in the NIT, I hope we play both of them, and I'll definitely watch both games if we do. Which goes without saying since I will watch all our games.
If one or both are NIT, the committee would be wise to seed us only to meet in the final 8 or in NYC. IT is then such matchups of alums as coaches can he sold to the public in the NIT to maximize viewers.

Happy Stackhouse is getting some love, he really showed what he could do with that D-league championship years ago.

When AAU was becoming big, Stackhouse was heavily involved with his teams. If you notice that the hot coaches now are the ones that developed relationships on the AAU circuit. Penny Hardaway at Memphis is a good example of this.

I agree Stackhouse has to control the temper, and I don't think he was the right pick for us a couple of years ago, but Stackhouse coming home to coach the Heels is not a far fetch idea. I don't know Stack personally, but I am familiar with his good deeds, and he is Carolina through and through.

Keep up the good look Coach Stackhouse!

His team looks better coached than UNC right now. No doubt.

I doubt he will stay at Sandy long. Unless he really likes living in. Nashville. The issue may then be, is he going to want to leave for a bigger college program, or an NBA HC job?
Unless something changes we might find out the answer to that question in a couple of years.

Coaching and playing with emotion is great, ready to fight someone as a head coach is not. He did a great job this year and is a really good coach.

Jerry is an angry man, he can’t control his temper.
I don't think he would do anything to embarrass UNC. An angry, winning coach is better than a nice, losing coach though. Hubert could use a little of that temper. But it doesn't matter at this point. Hubert is going to get at least two more years. Let's hope this won't even need to be a conversation.

I don't think he would do anything to embarrass UNC. An angry, winning coach is better than a nice, losing coach though. Hubert could use a little of that temper. But it doesn't matter at this point. Hubert is going to get at least two more years. Let's hope this won't even need to be a conversation.
My gut says if next year goes like this one, Hub will step down

My gut says if next year goes like this one, Hub will step down
Agree with you, Davis will not hurt the program long term if he's unable to produce a winning program. He has too much pride, and love for the program. Believe he will at least get an opportunity to coach his 2024 recruits before any of this actually comes to fruition.

Reactions: DaSheed
Stackhouse is a major hothead. It's one thing to have an intense attitude, that can be a good thing. Stackhouse is like Juwan Howard, only worse. He can't control his temper. I hope he continues to be successful. Maybe that will help to chill him out.

I don’t think Stackhouse has thrown a punch at anyone like Howard has. Stack’s intensity seems to be backing his players & program, Howard’s seems to be having a beef with everyone who does something you don’t like. I think a lot of players would like to play for Stackhouse & he could get better ones at UNC than he can at Vandy. To clarify, I’m not in the fire Hubert camp either, but if/when the time comes, I’d be more inclined to look at Stackhouse than I was a year or 2 ago.

Jerry Stackhouse would kill men by the hundreds, and if he were coaching the Tar Heels, he'd consume Face and the dookies with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse

671474-D3-CA5-E-4472-A20-A-B354-CFBD062-B.jpg

I’ll throw in another name into the fire if shit hits the fan…

Billy Donovan. I read that Texas may want him this offseason. He signed an extension with the Bulls before this NBA season. The Bulls are really cheap so they won’t fire him if they suck next year. I think Donovan would have to leave for a great job in college. If UNC opens up, I think it’s worth a call.

Don’t expect an X’s and O’s genius though, lol. He likes his iso basketball.

But I think he’s a great college coach.

Reactions: Archer2
Stackhouse is a major hothead. It's one thing to have an intense attitude, that can be a good thing. Stackhouse is like Juwan Howard, only worse. He can't control his temper. I hope he continues to be successful. Maybe that will help to chill him out.
Worse than Howard? Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT