ADVERTISEMENT

Stackhouse

He does not have a good reputation among fans of SEC basketball. If he had beatingvbthe snot out of their teams, you could say their views are based on jealousy. But he coached a loser and still managed to make fans other teams see him in a lot of negative light.

Reactions: bIhawk
Ivy League admissions standards in a conference filled with JUCO admissions standards.
He needed top 10 classes to compete in that league and the average Top 10 kid won't have the grades to get admitted in that school.
One of the worst jobs in the country, a school that limits the level of talent you can bring in, in a league that has the easiest qualifying for entry of any NCAA conference. Truth is the college game is more about ability to recruit and hold on to your developed players than any other aspect. If you are at a place that does not allow that or that limits it you are always playing from behind.

I think Stack needs to first decide if he wants to be a pro or a college coach. If it is college then he needs to sit as an assistant on a bench at a school with a solid head coach. I would like to see him become an assistant for King Rice, smaller program that would allow him to learn both the recruiting aspects of being a college coach but as well learn the politics the job demands.

One of the worst jobs in the country, a school that limits the level of talent you can bring in, in a league that has the easiest qualifying for entry of any NCAA conference...
and a league that is highly competitive in basketball -- five teams in the top 20. stack is a good coach, but vandy basketball is not a good opportunity.

Last edited:
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Hopefully he or Hasse will find a position on our staff as they await second chances! I would love to see Stack helping with recruitment and being another experienced eye during games!

Reactions: Heelicious
Would love to get Haase back on staff but I doubt it happens since Hubert moved on from all of Roy's staff.

One of the worst jobs in the country, a school that limits the level of talent you can bring in, in a league that has the easiest qualifying for entry of any NCAA conference.

I think Stack needs to first decide if he wants to be a pro or a college coach. If it is college then he needs to sit as an assistant on a bench at a school with a solid head coach. I would like to see him become an assistant for King Rice, smaller program that would allow him to learn both the recruiting aspects of being a college coach but as well learn the politics the job demands.
Stack can go head to head with every Top 10 guy in America when it comes to Xs and Os. But the game today is about "Jimmy's and Joe's" and Vandy is a wasteland when it comes to recruiting. Dean Smith would have struggled in Nashville.

Stackhouse will bounce back, you can bet your retirement funds on that.
People with his DNA will always find the light at the end of the tunnel
Great clip. His attitude and mannerisms are very "Carolina-ish" and very typical of the DES era players. Good stuff, great role model and he will always be fine in life with that attitude !!

Seems like a total class guy, cut out of DES cloth. I think it’s hard to understand or judge any of his sort of skirmishes with people in Nashville early on unless you’re in his shoes - which you can’t be - the racial unfairness he likely endured from some bozos around Nashville and nationwide.

he knows basketball and I think could be a great recruiter and relationship builder. I hope he gets a shot at another legit program. He could do well in an ACC program if an opening came up. I could see him back to assistant or even head coach in nba too though. Class guy. I wish the best for him.

I'd like stack on the staff at unc if a spot was available.. I think stack could possibly land gig in the nba coaching
I think Stack actually likes, and would make a better coach on, the collegiate level because he seems to be the type that wants to give back by developing values and character in the younger players and I think that's AWESOME. He's got all the money he'll ever need but sometimes quality people measure their life more by what they give back than what they can take.

Seems like a total class guy, cut out of DES cloth. I think it’s hard to understand or judge any of his sort of skirmishes with people in Nashville early on unless you’re in his shoes - which you can’t be - the racial unfairness he likely endured from some bozos around Nashville and nationwide.

he knows basketball and I think could be a great recruiter and relationship builder. I hope he gets a shot at another legit program. He could do well in an ACC program if an opening came up. I could see him back to assistant or even head coach in nba too though. Class guy. I wish the best for him.
Virtue signaling.

• Love
Yeah. God forbid anyone speak with decency, right? Certainly not from your ilk anyway.
How is it "decency" to label an entire region as racist? Which is what the op did. If we're to believe that being racist is the greatest moral sin in contemporary America, then you better make damn sure the allegations are true. Which the op failed to do.

Hence, it's nothing but a flaccid virtue signal. Just as Archer so succicently stated.

How is it "decency" to label an entire region as racist? Which is what the op did. If we're to believe that being racist is the greatest moral sin in contemporary America, then you better make damn sure the allegations are true. Which the op failed to do.

Hence, it's nothing but a flaccid virtue signal. Just as Archer so succicently stated.
Compared to Tweedle Dee who took a post commending a former player and cherry picked it into a racial issue? Yeah, I'd say he looks pretty "decent" by comparison. What a joke of a question.

A real question would be what kind of derangement syndrome must you have to deny that an inexperienced, black head coach in a deep red region might have experienced some form of discrimination? The exact same state that fired Jason Shay, a white coach, for kneeling with his team only a few years ago.

"Virtue signaling" 🤡. At least the guy has virtues. More than I can say from this OOTBoomer. This ain't the first time Tweedle Dee has resorted to racebait shit. He shows his true colors whenever he gets the chance. So miss me with this head-in-the-sand shit.

• Haha
Reactions: TPFKAPFS and bIhawk
Compared to Tweedle Dee who took a post commending a former player and cherry picked it into a racial issue? Yeah, I'd say he looks pretty "decent" by comparison. What a joke of a question.

A real question would be what kind of derangement syndrome must you have to deny that an inexperienced, black head coach in a deep red region might have experienced some form of discrimination? The exact same state that fired Jason Shay, a white coach, for kneeling with his team only a few years ago.

"Virtue signaling" 🤡. At least the guy has virtues. More than I can say from this OOTBoomer. This ain't the first time Tweedle Dee has resorted to racebait shit. He shows his true colors whenever he gets the chance. So miss me with this head-in-the-sand shit.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 Yep all us rednecks just regularly walk up to multimillionaire basketball coaches on the street and "discriminate" against them. It happens all the time! **** outta here man.

And being virtuous implies direct action at negative benefit to oneself. Did the op ever sacrifice anything in the name of "racial justice"? Quit his job and give it to a poor wittle minority? Donate money privately? Or does he just anonymously bloviate on message boards with the social justice flavor or the month? It's almost always the latter. With you too. Dbag.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Yep all us rednecks just regularly walk up to multimillionaire basketball coaches on the street and "discriminate" against them. It happens all the time! **** outta here man.
You're dumber than a redneck if you think a number in your bank account makes you immune to racism, or that those same rednecks can't use phones or computers to send messages. Then again, maybe you're right about that second part🤷‍♂️

And being virtuous implies direct action at negative benefit to oneself.

You know him exactly as well as I do so your entire post is irrelevant conjecture.

Fact is, you asked for proof of it being a racist region and I provided an example. Now you want to shift the goal posts and avoid talking about it like a pussy. or a redneck. Same difference, in my book.

Piss off cu nt. That's the last response I'm wasting on your dipshittery.

• Haha
Just for reference - if I was being referred to as the original poster (I wasn’t the OP) - I used the word “racial” - not “racist” and there is a big difference, I shouldn’t have to say. Racist means unfair prejudging people based on race / skin color. Racial means looking at a situation or reporting on a story with race and one’s history reporting on racial relations as a lens.

But anyway I meant my post to be complimentary of Stack. The end.

If people are hyper sensitive about the suggestion that SOME not all in the media whether in Nashville or nationwide - is what I said - maybe it’s time for some self reflection, insecurity cope. How can you deny some people still see things thru racial lenses? That likely won’t ever change in our lifetimes. Heck -‘stack even said he could have been better about being more open and approachable letting others know he was more like them than they knew. He seems to be a sort of internal quiet guy - which can come across as aloof, superior.

me as Virtue signal or woke or social justice is LMAO comical. I’m an old white conservative Christian guy born and raised thru college in Redneckvile very rural South Dakota. And will move back there to retire. Not quite the poster boy for virtue signal woke social justice warrior. I hate all those words.

• Haha
Reactions: TPFKAPFS and bIhawk
You're dumber than a redneck if you think a number in your bank account makes you immune to racism, or that those same rednecks can't use phones or computers to send messages. Then again, maybe you're right about that second part🤷‍♂️

You know him exactly as well as I do so your entire post is irrelevant conjecture.

Fact is, you asked for proof of it being a racist region and I provided an example. Now you want to shift the goal posts and avoid talking about it like a pussy. or a redneck. Same difference, in my book.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You didn't provide one single, solitary form of "proof" that racism was ever displayed toward Stackhouse. A man who was met with open arms upon being hired; who then received a significant, and very much deserved, pushback when he elected to play the race card himself early in his tenure. The second he got even minimal criticism, he called the entire region racist. Just like you're doing. Utterly despicable, the both of you.

Both of your incendiary, bullshit ****ing rhetoric is leading this society toward nowhere good. Morally flawed, judgemental people like you and Stackhouse contribute to that downward trajectory much more than either of y'all are ever willing to acknowledge. Keep thinking you have the moral highground tho. Dbag.

Reactions: CrazyHeel
Now you want to shift the goal posts and avoid talking about it like a pussy.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Can you not identify your own blatant hypocrisy in these two contradictory statements? Which were written literally two sentences apart, no less!!

Lmao at you. You're a joke. So is Stackhouse.

Just for reference - if I was being referred to as the original poster (I wasn’t the OP) - I used the word “racial” - not “racist” and there is a big difference, I shouldn’t have to say. Racist means unfair prejudging people based on race / skin color. Racial means looking at a situation or reporting on a story with race and one’s history reporting on racial relations as a lens.

But anyway I meant my post to be complimentary of Stack. The end.

If people are hyper sensitive about the suggestion that SOME not all in the media whether in Nashville or nationwide - is what I said - maybe it’s time for some self reflection, insecurity cope. How can you deny some people still see things thru racial lenses? That likely won’t ever change in our lifetimes. Heck -‘stack even said he could have been better about being more open and approachable letting others know he was more like them than they knew. He seems to be a sort of internal quiet guy - which can come across as aloof, superior.

me as Virtue signal or woke or social justice is LMAO comical. I’m an old white conservative Christian guy born and raised thru college in Redneckvile very rural South Dakota. And will move back there to retire. Not quite the poster boy for virtue signal woke social justice warrior. I hate all those words.
Earlier, you made a critical comment about Juwan Howard. It occurred mere hours before you said the Stackhouse situation was tinged with a "racial" lens.

Based on your own moral framework you've just erected, that means you're also seeing the Howard situation through a "racial" lens.

Or: it's almost like some black people, esp in a high profile profession like being a Power Five basketball coach, deserve the criticism they receive. I totally agree with you about Howard.

Either you admit I'm right about Stackhouse, or you yourself are a racist against Howard. You made the rules, so live with them.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You didn't provide one single, solitary form of "proof" that racism was ever displayed toward Stackhouse. A man who was met with open arms upon being hired; who then received a significant, and very much deserved, pushback when he elected to play the race card himself early in his tenure. The second he got even minimal criticism, he called the entire region racist. Just like you're doing. Utterly despicable, the both of you.

Both of your incendiary, bullshit ****ing rhetoric is leading this society toward nowhere good. Morally flawed, judgemental people like you and Stackhouse contribute to that downward trajectory much more than either of y'all are ever willing to acknowledge. Keep thinking you have the moral highground tho. Dbag.
Don't forget you're amongst the kaki and sweater vest club that holds their breath waiting for Biden and the democrat party to tell them how to think.

• Haha
Reactions: DSouthr and bIhawk
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Might not like it, but the man speaks the truth.

• Love
Don't forget you're amongst the kaki and sweater vest club that holds their breath waiting for Biden and the democrat party to tell them how to think.
The wine and cheese Tar Heel fans lmao. Who tell all us regular folk how to live.

Right there w you brother ✊

So a story about one of the greatest Tar Heels to lace them up and some members of the Family wondering if he might find a way back home was derailed because peeps are so sensitive that they have to attack once they see one word???? Incredible. The funny part is the entire premise is flawed in the first part since he used the word Racial not racist but nuance is always the first victim of hatred! (and he wasn't the "OP" so maybe that moniker was misunderstood as well!) I am sure some juvenile and extremely ignorant hate will be spewed at me for my comment but I really wish we could have one place in this world where peeps could actually discuss ideas without resorting to such childish rants and without the usage of such ignorant vocabulary!!

This place is largely free from the name calling and cursing so why can't our Mods ban peeps for resorting to it???? I will gladly debate the virtue of hating racism and not people with anyone who can hold a civil discussion, but I simply ignore those who are unwilling or incapable of adult conversations! 2 more added to the list, sigh...

I believe Lville has a pretty good coach, and he needs a few more years to change the culture of losing. I could see cutting him loose, but he seems to have the proper passion for the program, and he should be able to recruit. I would only let him go if I knew I had a better coach waiting for the job!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT