ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court....

The problem is liberals generally care more about this than conservatives do. Many here will unashamedly tell you that want conservatives on the court, to advance their conservative agenda. They’ll even support stealing a SC nomination by refusing to vote on a moderate nominee. It’s more asymmetrical political warfare.

i understand you actually believe your guys are not corrupt but i assure you both sides are just as corrupt as the other.

i understand you actually believe your guys are not corrupt but i assure you both sides are just as corrupt as the other.

You should actually read my poasts sometime

Also... false equivalence is a fallacy.

read the book "throw them all out". during the financial crisis of 2008 look and see what banks got the most bail out money and then go look and see what banks were owned most in the "blind" trust of the Democratic and Republican leaders of congress. think about this for a second, the average hedge fund manager makes 6% in excess of the average return of the stock market, the average US senator makes 12% in excess of the average return on the stock market. all of them are corrupt.

The problem is liberals generally care more about this than conservatives do. Many here will unashamedly tell you that want conservatives on the court, to advance their conservative agenda. They’ll even support stealing a SC nomination by refusing to vote on a moderate nominee. It’s more asymmetrical political warfare.
You should be a standup comedian. That’s funny.

read the book "throw them all out". during the financial crisis of 2008 look and see what banks got the most bail out money and then go look and see what banks were owned most in the "blind" trust of the Democratic and Republican leaders of congress. think about this for a second, the average hedge fund manager makes 6% in excess of the average return of the stock market, the average US senator makes 12% in excess of the average return on the stock market. all of them are corrupt.

Both sides being corrupt does not make them equally corrupt. Or corrupt in the same ways.

Anyone who reads this board has heard me criticize corruption, and particularly campaign finance issues with the DNC more times than most of the conservatives. It’s kind of irritating that I still have to deal with this crap

Also, that wasn’t even a logical response to what I said. The fact that some democrats are corrupt doesn’t change the validity of my claim whatsoever.

Reactions: BillyL
i agree that they are different in their corruption. The republicans don't give a rats ass about large groups of people and the democrats use them for voting blocks. I guess it's up to you to decide which is less or more corrupt for you. I think that both are pretty much pieces of crap and the reason we have someone like DT In the White House.

I'm just not very optimistic when it comes to relying on politicians to bring about changes to society.

When you break it down and observe the path a person takes to become an elected official, it's pretty revealing. They have no choice but to hand-over so much of their own personal principles, their integrity, their conscience, and any other redeeming quality just to get a seat at the table.

Carlin's final interview was amazing. But, he was asked "Did you ever consider politics?" and he said:

The American governmental process had a lot of possibilities at the beginning. But, it has devolved and become so consumed with so much of the worst aspects of our social existence that it's really such a waste of time to try and focus ourselves on trying to improve the overall human experience through politics. Government would be awesome if it weren't run by politicians.

Reactions: plm
I think that both are pretty much pieces of crap and the reason we have someone like DT In the White House.
I don’t believe that for a second. You and people like you wanted Trump and Trump only. It’s time for you and the rest to man up and own your vote, you wanted a person like Trump and you got him.

Please fill me in on what you mean by me and people like me. you know nothing about me yet Somehow you are able to sit and pass judgement on what I want. Please tell me you are a student, if not that tells Me aLot about you.

Ps what exactly don’t you not believe for a second—that I think both republicans and democrats are pos? That was the only statement I made before your smartest man in The room mentality came by

Please fill me in on what you mean by me and people like me. you know nothing about me yet Somehow you are able to sit and pass judgement on what I want. Please tell me you are a student, if not that tells Me aLot about you.
I admit, I was wrong and you are correct in calling me out on it.

No worries. I’m very liberal socially but very conservative fiscally. Not sure what box that puts me in.

Reactions: Archer2
No worries. I’m very liberal socially but very conservative fiscally. Not sure what box that puts me in.
That’s one of the problems. What is being called conservative is not conservative.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT