ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heel Legend Walter Davis Passed Away This Morning

May God be with his Family, Teammates, Fans and Friends. I hate to hear that about Coach Hubert Davis’s Uncle passing. The 8 point comeback in 17 seconds without a three point shot is what I think of when it comes to Walter Davis as he hit that 25 foot shot at the buzzer. I hope we honor him in someway this season.

May God be with his Family, Teammates, Fans and Friends. I hate to hear that about Coach Hubert Davis’s Uncle passing. The 8 point comeback in 17 seconds without a three point shot is what I think of when it comes to Walter Davis as he hit that 25 foot shot at the buzzer. I hope we honor him in someway this season.
Prayers for his family. I still remember the Duke game as the all time greatest comeback I have ever witnessed. A true Tar Heel. Comeback

Last edited:
For those who are old enough to know Hubert as a player but not old enough to know Walter, the Uncle could light it up at least as well as Hubert. The beat up '77 team not winning the NCAA still eats at me more than the '84 team not winning it all.

Walter is back in the company of Dean and Gut watching over from above their beloved Tar Heels. Rest in peace Walter, you will not be forgotten.

Walter Davis or sweet Walter D as we called him often was one of the best players and a even better persons to ever play at Carolina, just ask anyone that saw him play or new him that’s what you will here most of the time ,great heel even better person rest In peace my friend!

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
May flights of Angels sing you to your rest Family!

Once again Tar Heels get to say our Family member, Sweet D, was a great human who happened to be a great baller! We will never forget the joy you gave us, and we pray that eventually it outweighs the sadness your family feels right now!

Reactions: Heels5150
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT