ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels NBA --- '23/'24

I believe the Bulls are 5-2 since Lavine quit on the team and Coby had to step up.

Crazy that the Bulls plan was to give Lonzo, Lavine, and Caruso all the opportunities.
To be fair I wouldn't say Lavine quit this year. The Bulls are going to trade him, but have to wait until other teams players are eligible to move. He is being held out for that purpose more so by the club. Coby has been really good from day 1 this year, certainly ready for this expanded role though.

They added Caruso after Ball went down. The roster did not fit without Ball, Levine and DeRozen too similar in their games. They had a strong record with Ball at the helm. Ayo was the one they were leaning to over Coby in just keeping on the roster 2 years ago, Coby has developed each year. Set to get that massive 💰 now.

Coby was having a breakout season early on as well. He worked his tail off each year, as he had a lot to work on. Great development.

To be fair I wouldn't say Lavine quit this year. The Bulls are going to trade him, but have to wait until other teams players are eligible to move. He is being held out for that purpose more so by the club. Coby has been really good from day 1 this year, certainly ready for this expanded role though.
Lavine quit on the team, and sources close to him say his relationship with the coach is irreparable.

And Coby was not good from day 1 this year. He started the season in a shooting slump. His game by game stats are easy to find.

Lavine quit on the team, and sources close to him say his relationship with the coach is irreparable.

And Coby was not good from day 1 this year. He started the season in a shooting slump. His game by game stats are easy to find.
I'm in the area have heard all the reports. When Lavine allowed his no trade clause to be waived the teams path was set. They have to wait until players are free to move from other teams though for it to fit. That is FAR different then the player quitting on the team. There is no doubt they are moving on though, and it is over.

Coby was being RAVED about all year for his transformation. All year, they were committing to him, and have made that clear

He has been in the eyes of management ALL season. They have consistenly raved about "why Coby got the 2nd shot" throughout the season. His shot making they were already sold on. His development all around they have loved all year.

The local beat writers call it "out of town stupid" around here, not a big fan of that term, a bit pretentious, when talking about national takes. The snippets taken on a Ione interview or stat line makes a national narrative.

Coby's growth last year got his extension and his off season and early year performance sold the Bulls even more. They have him as really good all year and committed as such.

He has been in the eyes of management ALL season. They have consistenly raved about "why Coby got the 2nd shot" throughout the season. His shot making they were already sold on. His development all around they have loved all year.

The local beat writers call it "out of town stupid" around here, not a big fan of that term, a bit pretentious, when talking about national takes. The snippets taken on a Ione interview or stat line makes a national narrative.

Coby's growth last year got his extension and his off season and early year performance sold the Bulls even more. They have him as really good all year and committed as such.
Try this instead.

"I was wrong. Coby was not good from day 1 this year. He started the season in a shooting slump and took a ton of criticism early on because of it."

There is no point in trying to lie and weave a spin job when everyone can see the stats of every game he played this year. Just admit you were wrong and move on. Here we are trying to celebrate what Coby is doing, and for some reason you feel the need to pee on the thread and tell everyone it's raining.

Try this instead.

"I was wrong. Coby was not good from day 1 this year. He started the season in a shooting slump and took a ton of criticism early on because of it."

There is no point in trying to lie and weave a spin job when everyone can see the stats of every game he played this year. Just admit you were wrong and move on. Here we are trying to celebrate what Coby is doing, and for some reason you feel the need to pee on the thread and tell everyone it's raining.
My guy, I watch all the games, live here, I know how they talked about him from game 1 this year. They were "Bullish" on him, no pun intended throughout. More then me, ALL YEAR!! Heaping praise on him. Don't know where you are from, but it is making me reconsider the "out of town stupid comments" from the beat writers. They have fawned over him ALL year here, and his game.

He was on the way out 2 years ago, Ayo seemed the choice. His deficiencies in other areas then shooting was the reason. They were sold on his shooting as a 6th man instant offense type. Not for his full package. They loved him from game 1 this year, consistently!

Last edited:
Try this instead.

Also, my comment was for the brain dead Lavine quit comment. Again, very clear it is a shopping to trade with a max player with a no trade clause. Not a opting out of playing by the player situation. They, the Bulls, want to move on. They are going to sell off and rebuild.

He previously would not entertain waiving his no trade, about a month ago he opened to it. His agent can find fits to not waste the Bulls time. The matching contract options will not be available until the turn of the year. They are in a holding pattern. Your choice of "quit", is ridiculous and laughable the epitome of "out of town stupid".

Last edited:
Also, my comment was for the brain dead Lavine quit comment. Again, very clear it is a shopping to trade with a max player with a no trade clause. Not a opting out of playing by the player situation. They, the Bulls, want to move on. They are going to sell off and rebuild.

He previously would not entertain waiving his no trade, about a month ago he opened to it. His agent can find fits to not waste the Bulls time. The matching contract options will not be available until the turn of the year. They are in a holding pattern. Your choice of "quit", is ridiculous and laughable the epitome of "out of town stupid".

Chapelle is always right, don’t forget it. If you don’t believe it, just ask him.

Coby continuing his All-Star push, playing GREAT. Day'ron winning me some nice money, at least until the books adjust to his rebounding prowess, kid is blossoming.

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
Watched the Brooklyn game on TV last night - Dayron was HUGE in the 4th quarter. Cam was super smooth and his shot looks fabulous.

Reactions: dtodd4475
Nets falls to Bucks without Cam Johnson
Dayron Sharpe 12pts/4rbs/4asst/1blk in 15 minutes.
1st career 3-pointer

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
Cam returned from a 1 game layoff to score 16pts/7rbs/4asst/3 3's in the Nets loss.
Dayron 10pts/9rbs/3 asst in 15 min.

Nets are playing awful right now
Cam 17pts/4rbs/2asst/ 5 3's
Day Day 12pts/9rbs/2asst/1blk in 16min

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT