ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels vs. Cards game thread

Lamar Jackson may account for 600 yards today by himself. They should let us play defense with 15 on the field....we are damn awful.

And people wonder why the stadium is never full. Who wants to travel and pay to watch this pitiful defense. Same thing EVERY year. Hard to watch.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
We all knew Lamar was gonna do his thing today. Mediocre guys have good/great games against our d.
It just hurts so much worse when we only rush 3 linemen, and yet they still have guys running completely wide open in the secondary. Over the middle, down the field, on the sideline. It just burns me up.

Go Heel!

We can't catch a break. Shitty play call on third down then Fritts drops the ball that likely could have got to the corner for a score. Shittyyyyh

Football program is dead...Congrats....When Roy retires the Bball will be dead as welll....

Bargas is looking good. He is our 3rd team TE. We have 2 RS-Fr TEs who also have real potential.

We should use the TEs better.

Don't waste your time Mark. All you'd see is Lamar Jackson make our D look like a pee wee league team. Toss in some marginal play calling on our side and you have yourself a general summary of Tar Heel football.

Yes Haven't watched a full game in 2 years waste of time better things to do on a Saturday...

Louisville has better players, better coaches, better game plan, better fans. With all the resources UNC has, I never have been able to understand why we can't produce a more consistent quality product.

We get some talent in spots on defense but it starts up front. We don't get pressure on anybody consistently since Fedora came. A defense that plays on its heels (no pun intended) will not be successful. A defense that brings the aggression and dominates the line of scrimmage will be very successful. We have the opposite of that.

Don't waste your time Mark. All you'd see is Lamar Jackson make our D look like a pee wee league team. Toss in some marginal play calling on our side and you have yourself a general summary of Tar Heel football.
It wasn't just Jackson. The Louisville WRs and TEs were open almost every play. The OL protected Jackson very well.

Reactions: Davis618
Does fedora really not realize that the d needs to be upgraded? He can't be that stupid or I hope not.
I'm beginning to think that Fedora thinks that all he needs is the best athlete QB in the country, and then he waltzes into the playoffs. What else explains that burning desire to get a failed grad transfer QB who out of HS was proclaimed a GREAT athlete? We had huge needs in several spots, and 3 very young QBs with potential.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
i'm gonna repeat this like i do every year...when you run this tempo, you cannot consistently play good defense...throw in the fact that carolina isn't getting talent like the top schools get, it's a recipe for embarrassment.

watch clemson tonight...they'll slow it down, change pace, run under center, etc, because they know you cannot leave defenses on the field for 75+ plays.

larry won't adjust, he just won't.

Time for a change. Any change, at least we're trying to get better.

Same shit year after year: bone head penalties, catastrophic 10+ yard plays routinely being converted, high school football play calling, poor tackling, no pressure on the QB, etc...

I simply refuse to admit that mediocrity is our lot. But it certainly has been for most of the 55 years I've been following UNC football.

Hope springs eternal and Charlie Brown will continue to try and kick that damn football. Mayhaps we're both idiots.

I will say this, I have zero confidence in this staff. Zero. Nada. Nil. Zilch.

L'ville is a really good team. They will probably give Clemson problems next week, I wouldn't even be that surprised if they upset them. Lamar Jackson is the real deal, and sometimes you just gotta tip your hat when you get outplayed.

We've got to find a way to either recruit better D linemen, or do a better job of developing them because we desperately need a more dominant defensive front. Plenty of teams play good defense with an offensive scheme that is similar to ours, but THEY STOP THE RUN. And they get pressure on the quarterback. Its tough for DBs to cover for five seconds regardless of how good they are(nt).

Brandon Harris proved why its nice to have a senior transfer QB. He made some seriously big time throws and looked ready to go when his number was called. I still think Surratt should be QB1 if he is healthy. A freshman with his talent could be a future superstar if he turns out to be a four year starter.

This is rough. We should have beaten Cal, but we all knew L'ville would be a tough one for us to win. I think they will prove to be by far the best team we play all season. 0-2 is a crappy feeling but this team can still compete for the coastal if they respond well. There isn't a game left on the schedule that isn't winnable. Get some confidence back and heal up against ODU, then we should come out and hammer dook. We should be able to score 40+ against GT, who has a defense as porous as ours.

Horrible D yet again!!!! Are we destined for #116 again on total D.

That plus poor play calling.

Are we n need of both a DC and OC?

Horrible D yet again!!!! Are we destined for #116 again on total D.

That plus poor play calling.

Are we n need of both a DC and OC?

Fedora should just take over the play-calling himself so that we can spend the extra money on the rest of the staff.

but this team can still compete for the coastal if they respond well.
giphy.gif

You're typing in your sleep again, boy!

Reactions: tarheel0910
giphy.gif

You're typing in your sleep again, boy!

The Coastal is really weak right now. We should be able to beat dook, and UVA, but GT also has a terrible defense that we could put up serious points against. Pitt, Va Tech, and Miami will all be considerably easier to beat than L'ville and we hung with them for 3 quarters.

If we're lucky then the division will beat itself up and allow for a team with three ACC losses to win the division.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT