ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels -vs- Wolpfack Game Thread

C'mon Heels ......... !

Let' get to Rodon early tonight ..

Rodon getting the start tonight. Did anybody think that wouldn't happen? UNC got a lead-off hit so the no-hitter is already off the table.

Good AB by Lassiter even if it ended with the K. Make Rodon work.

If UNC can fight their natural instinct to swing, which is hard for an aggressive line-up, I think that's their best bet tonight. Rodon got into a groove last game. If UNC can frustrate him with deep counts, that should open them up for the rest of the game and get the bullpen into the game. We'll see.

Originally posted by BillyL:

Make Rodon throw 35 pitches this inning ...
I'd like to see Chaz force him into 35 throws over to 1st base, as well.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Raising Heel:

Originally posted by BillyL:

Make Rodon throw 35 pitches this inning ...
I'd like to see Chaz force him into 35 throws over to 1st base, as well.
wink.r191677.gif
He had a few over to 1st did he not . .

Originally posted by AlexConway:
If UNC can fight their natural instinct to swing, which is hard for an aggressive line-up, I think that's their best bet tonight. Rodon got into a groove last game. If UNC can frustrate him with deep counts, that should open them up for the rest of the game and get the bullpen into the game. We'll see.
Send Moran a text, will ya?

I think every pitch that Moran and Holbie swung at was a ball.

Ridiculous. Hasn't thrown a slider for a strike and we've swung and missed at it 5 times. Pitiful at bats from Moran and Holberton, I mean pitiful.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Now the guys are just guessing.. If he gets his confidence up like Sunday it's over we need more
Of those Lassiter type of at bats

Not to take anything away from Rodon, but 50% of our struggles against him are psychological. Seems like we're convinced we can't hit him. Holberton swung with absolutely no conviction.

Landon makes him work and then the last two strike out with 6 pitches none of them strikes.
mad.r191677.gif

Dayum ...... 3 Ks that inning.

C'mon Hobbsy . . we need you here, big guy.

Rodon's got a little bit of a Strasburg thing going on. Honestly, both guys didn't throw a ton of strikes in college but players weren't disciplined enough not to swing. Rodon struck everybody out in that inning but if the guys would show a little more plate discipline, he would have gotten into trouble.

Easier said than done, I know, but Rodon isn't invincible. Just extremely talented.

Nothing doing on that whiff for the third out, but we did make him work, so if we can be a little smarter each inning, he will get that pitch count up there. He also threw a lot of balls to first to hold the runner, which isn't as hard on your arm, but it will still make a difference if we can run that count up.

Except for looking bad on those last two at-bats, not too bad a way to start.

Not to take anything away from Rodon, but 50% of our struggles against him are psychological. Seems like we're convinced we can't hit him. Holberton swung with absolutely no conviction.
I think he swung like that because about a nanosecond after he started his swing, he realized it was a slider and he had no chance to get the bat on the ball.

But we need to do a better job of picking up the pitch- however again it is the freaking LHP thing. 6 straight games with no RHPs

Coach Fox should be aggressive on the base paths tonight. You know runs will be at a premium most likely. My school of thought is you have to force the action in that situation. Let's see if Rodon gets the same run support from his offense that he got on Sunday.

Son of a bitch!

A friggin gift on that bunt and Johnson pulls the guy off second and neither one is out.

Hobbs Johnson and Emanuel seem to be in a rut minus Johnson's near no-no a few starts ago. UNC can't afford a bad start tonight after Thornton gave them so many innings on Weds.

I don't agree w/ the announcers here ... I think Russell should have made that play. He should have stretched instead of thinking DP first.

That call was ridiculous. Watch 99 out of 100 DPs in MLB and the 2nd baseman/SS never touches the bag. That was a BS call, based on what is generally accepted practice in baseball.

It's amazing to me how pitchers cannot throw the ball to any other frickin base except home. This is true of major league pitchers too. Put them in a non-pitch situation and it's like they forget how to throw the dang ball.

All I have to say is....

Thank goodness we're not having to listen to Mike Patrick.
Dear Lord....

Looks like we have to play against Blue tonight too.

Get the out first and foremost. Yes, it was a bad throw and they were thinking DP instead of just getting the lead runner.

At least Johnson strikes out Seaney for the second out.

Oh, and I love the announcers talking about Clyde getting hit 3 times Sunday, but he friggin all but stepped in front of at least one of those pitches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT