ADVERTISEMENT

The East Bracket

TarHeelNation11

Hall of Famer
Mar 9, 2007
Lowell, NC
Is effing difficult. It's giving me fits. All the other regionals are fairly straight-forward but this East nonsense is ridiculous. I mean, Villanova a #1 seed?? Crissakes, you may as well made a Nigerian Premier League soccer team the #1 seed because I've watched both those teams play exactly the same number of times: zero.

I refuse to believe the new Big East is very good though, so I'm highly susceptible of 'Nova making it through that bracket. Hell I have them losing to MooU in the Round of 32......but I could absolutely see LSU knocking off Cow College in the Round of 64. And Virginia as the #2 seed??? What do I do with them with J. Anderson banged up. And Louisville as the #4?? Which Louisville shows up? The one that can't score, or the one that has Montrezl dominating some peeps? Oklahoma as a 3?!? You're expecting me to watch Big 12 basketball here?? [although....I do have Iowa State in the Final Four. I do love The Mayor as a coach].

Northern Iowa as the #5?? Michigan State as a 7? This quadrant of the bracket will be my undoing. Any last minute advice from your avid hoops fans who watch other games than just UNC/ACC?

I don't see any problem with Villanova getting a #1 seed . . a lot of folks were expecting them to be given that lofty rating by the committee . . it might have been that 'Zona deserved a #1 and 'Nova a #2.

UVA will miss a healthy Anderson, but, they are such a good team even w/o him . . I could see them reaching the FF.

All in all, there is very little difference between a 1 and a 2 seed.

Nova's rating by the RPI, Pommeroy, RPI and Sagarin :

BPI . . #5

KenPom . . #5

RPI . . . #4

Sagarin . . #5

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT