ADVERTISEMENT

The "Iron Five Barnstorming Tour" stop ( Kernersville, NC on 4/26)

Steat

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006

The Iron Five on next leg of barnstorming event in Kernersville on 4/26, minus Caleb and Manek.

Caleb had a make-up exam and Manek was in California for an event. Phil Ford is the coordinator for the barnstorming events.

Armando Bacot, RJ Davis, Leaky Black, Puff Johnson ,Justin McKoy and UNC football player Cedric Gray made stop in the Triad signing autographs and taking pics with Tar Heel fans at the "Iron Five Tour" stop.

Tickets were $200 per person and the event was sold out. Players made some nice NIL!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
200 bucks! Wow. I got Kid Rock backstage passes for less than that.
Talking about NIL, what if the players barnstormed to 25 North Carolina cities over the next 2-3 months. On the low side, lets say each player netted 2K for each appearance. That's 50k NIL for their efforts. What is really neat is that they are bringing in other players like Puff and McKoy to reap some of the benefits.

I remember back in the 70's when you would have a team of the graduated players from the big 4 schools play local all-star teams after college season was over. Got to see some pretty good players, Phil Ford, David Thompson, Gene Banks, etc. that way. Somewhere I have most of their autographs.

Reactions: Archer2 and Steat
They used to play in the Shavlik league (i think that was the name) at Method road gym too back in the day. I used to run in that hot house and played against a lot of ACC and D-2 talent.

Reactions: Steat
That young man is the perfect example of UNC staff's ability help maximize potential and has proven to be one of the best Tar Heels to wear the uni! I am proud of him and extremely happy he is Family!

Offseason accolades continue....

They got the dates wrong and most likely will issue a revision. Here is the Orioles schedule over the next several days:

A vendor offered me club seat tickets for the next Thursday afternoon game against the Yankees. The Orioles are terrible this year but Mondo may get some UNC fans to one of the games if Jimmy's can get the correct date for the game.

The Orioles play Tampa Bay at home next Friday night and played Detroit on the road last night.

I had heard that Mondo was making and appearance in Baltimore this summer at the flagship Jimmy's restaurant. That just may happen next week. The man is on a roll.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT