ADVERTISEMENT

The mounting problem of Chazz Surratt

He's got to get bigger and a lot stronger, but he's shown some instincts and great athleticism. I don't think he's ready now, but I wouldn't doubt he gets a good shot at the league

Reactions: JimmyinVA
with another year of physical development he'll have adequate strength and speed for the nfl, but what gives him an edge are his intelligence and his hands. that game winning interception yesterday was a difficult catch, a low toss from a few feet away. quarterback hands and alert mentality. GO CHAZZ!! (go to he// dook.)

Reactions: Archer2
I assume Trenton Simpson is watching Chazz Surratt closely. Chazz is a perfect example of what a hard working LB can accomplish in less than a year playing the position under the tutelage of this UNC staff.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
I think Chazz will be back. Another year in the weight room and another 13 more games to hone his LB skills and he’ll be playing for pay.
I think he could get drafted this year, but I'm al but certain that another year at UNC would benefit him a great deal. He should be Captain of the D, and he could become 1st team All ACC.

I think Chazz will be back. NFL teams will be more willing to use a high round pick on him once they have more tape on him playing the position. Another ten pounds of muscle would also make a huge difference. But it’s hard to say how much he’ll be able to gain. He could be approaching his body’s natural limit for muscle mass. He’s already a lot bigger than I thought he could get.

I think Chazz will be back. NFL teams will be more willing to use a high round pick on him once they have more tape on him playing the position. Another ten pounds of muscle would also make a huge difference. But it’s hard to say how much he’ll be able to gain. He could be approaching his body’s natural limit for muscle mass. He’s already a lot bigger than I thought he could get.

Good points here. My biggest concern regarding the position change was never his athletic ability to adapt and be successful, but Moreso could he grow his body in a way to stay healthy over the course of the season. He could certainly use 10-20 more pounds on that frame while keeping speed and agility the same to warrant high round pick. Regardless, he will play on Sunday and be an impact player at this rate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT