ADVERTISEMENT

There's been only one new thread poasted all year in here????

coolwaterunc

Hall of Famer
Oct 27, 2003
Charlotte, NC
WTF people? Will someone wake up? Does anyone wanna talk about something that isn't in that same damn politcal thread that's been at the top for five years? Or that dead virus that ruined 2020 and nobody cares about anymore? How about how Froot Loops is the single greatest cereal to ever be poured into a bowl, no matter how some rigged tournament played out? Or how bacon is the way of life? Or how POS K got sent home once and for all by his daddy? Anyone wanna tell me to GFY?

Reactions: Grayhead
WTF people? Will someone wake up? Does anyone wanna talk about something that isn't in that same damn politcal thread that's been at the top for five years? Or that dead virus that ruined 2020 and nobody cares about anymore? How about how Froot Loops is the single greatest cereal to ever be poured into a bowl, no matter how some rigged tournament played out? Or how bacon is the way of life? Or how POS K got sent home once and for all by his daddy? Anyone wanna tell me to GFY?
It just didn't feel right for someone besides you to start the first new year thread.

I wonder how many follow me on the compelling Worldle thread. I'm making the effort, I hope it's not for nothing.

OOTB was the shizzle back in the Official Dook Nerd Photo Thread days circa 2003-2009...I saved, and still laugh at, all those pics :D

OOTB was the shizzle back in the Official Dook Nerd Photo Thread days circa 2003-2009...I saved, and still laugh at, all those pics :D
How does one have almost 23,000 posts, achieve status as a Hall of Famer, yet only have a reaction score of 20?

What got changed or reset? Just seems like a significant improbability. More importantly, if you've got photos of them, post away.

How does one have almost 23,000 posts, achieve status as a Hall of Famer, yet only have a reaction score of 20?

What got changed or reset? Just seems like a significant improbability. More importantly, if you've got photos of them, post away.
They didn’t have that jazz when this site was called CB (Carolina Blue) back in 2003 ;)

They didn’t have that jazz when this site was called CB (Carolina Blue) back in 2003 ;)
I don't even remember what it was called when I joined in 2005. Just didn't post at all in my earlier years. Many probably wish I didn't now, lol. Just seemed like a strange set of numbers or factors for you is all. Post more though, the board can always use it.

I don't even remember what it was called when I joined in 2005. Just didn't post at all in my earlier years. Many probably wish I didn't now, lol. Just seemed like a strange set of numbers or factors for you is all. Post more though, the board can always use it.
If @Heel Gyeah is going to post here more, allow me the honor of giving him his first GFY. Might as well throw in a GFY for you as well. I'm feeling generous this morning.

Reactions: pooponduke
I for one would love to see those again.
Maybe someone should host a family reunion for all the OGOOTB'ers to bring them back. May require banning the political thread. That 1 topic has drove many over the edge and out of town. I found this place better by not reading it

Reactions: Heel Gyeah
The Doherty years were fantastic on this site!

The Doh years were great. Lots of people talking about increased alcohol consumption and stuff. Great entertainment to get me through my high school years.

You were considered a part of the upper echelon of poasters if you contributed to that thread. You had to know HTML in order to poast pics, and if you did, you were pretty much a message board badass.

You were considered a part of the upper echelon of poasters if you contributed to that thread. You had to know HTML in order to poast pics, and if you did, you were pretty much a message board badass.
One would think posting pics would be user friendly now, especially from a phone

It’s head shaking wtf you gotta be kidding that a social media site this day and time is not pic posting friendly from a phone.
d0f2016e-5b95-4c7d-bb41-c0dfddc1c034_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: heelmanwilm
It’s head shaking wtf you gotta be kidding that a social media site this day and time is not pic posting friendly from a phone.
I agree. One reef keeping forum I use to frequent is so simple. Copy, paste, poast

Interesting trivia about that meme. An old man in the scene not pictured had just mumbled about finding some arrowheads somewhere close by. It wasn’t part of the movie but they caught it on film and decided to keep it in the movie.
cool story.

This is the kind of low-budget flick I relish. I have little use any more for the major studio overblown production that relies on a bunch of overly slick whizbang instead of a good script and good acting.

cool story.

This is the kind of low-budget flick I relish. I have little use any more for the major studio overblown production that relies on a bunch of overly slick whizbang instead of a good script and good acting.
I found it hilarious and entertaining. They used a lot of the locals in the movie and supposedly it’s all based on true events in the producers life in that town

I found it hilarious and entertaining. They used a lot of the locals in the movie and supposedly it’s all based on true events in the producers life in that town
if you're like me you like to see the ending credits. You can glean a lot from doing that, and IIRC I saw that they used local kids for the auditorium scenes.

There were some really funny scenes, like when the guy shot the cow as the school bus pulled up, and when Uncle Rico (?) hit Napolean in the face with the steak. The one thing that seemed lame was the added bit at the end with the horseback ride.

• Haha
Reactions: heelmanwilm
if you're like me you like to see the ending credits. You can glean a lot from doing that, and IIRC I saw that they used local kids for the auditorium scenes.

There were some really funny scenes, like when the guy shot the cow as the school bus pulled up, and when Uncle Rico (?) hit Napolean in the face with the steak. The one thing that seemed lame was the added bit at the end with the horseback ride.

The karate bit is hilarious
And….

“Napoleon you’re just jealous cause I’ve been on the internet talking to babes all day”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT