ADVERTISEMENT

THI Insider (12-22)

andrew jones

Hall of Famer
Staff
Jul 21, 2014
By Clint Jackson

As many of you already know, I was able to have an hour long conversation with the father of Romeo Langford about a week and a half ago. Many of his quotes and the information that I learned were in the article that was published on the front page of Tar Heel Illustrated last week. And being able to have such an open, genuine and relaxed conversation with Mr Tim Langford also helps us to understand the motives, goals and thinking process that will go into the top three junior's decision making.

After the conversation, I couldn't help but to come away with the feeling that his recruitment will be different than many other elite (one and done types) that I have covered over my tenure as a basketball recruiting analyst. This family is blue-collar, with strong moral values and beliefs. They are seeking character, integrity, ethics and a they want a down to earth coach to help their son grow, not only as a player, but as a man.

Another gem that I took away from the conversation was that I felt UNC had a better shot than most media members think they do. Romeo specifically complimented what he liked on his visit to Chapel Hill in October. The coaches, campus and players left a lasting impact on him that he was still talking about a week later.

I think the players in this recruitment will be a lot of traditional blue-blood programs such as Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville and Indiana.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News