ADVERTISEMENT

Three Priorities for Mack - Athlon Sports

MWHeels

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2008
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/3-priorities-new-north-carolina-coach-mack-brown-2019

Good read, but I would add two more.

Reestablish relationships with NC High School coaches. That's the only way to improve our recruiting.

Win games they are supposed to win. As Mack said in his press conference, this is a process. Everyone wants the Heels to be in position to complete with the top teams in the ACC, but we first have to start beating the weaker teams both in and out of conference. If we start winning games, and going to bowl games, that will help with fan support and recruiting which will then help the program achieve bigger goals.

Anyone who says that getting Bryant is a priority doesn't know anything about the team other than the stat sheet.
Couldn't agree more. We have at least a couple of young QB's that have the potential to be very good, with time and experience. I'm especially high on Ruder and Fortin. Like others, I think we may be best served by trying Surratt out at WR.

Reestablish relationships with NC High School coaches. That's the only way to improve our recruiting.
I don't think this can be overstated. I personally know a couple of HC's at big schools and both have mentioned more than once that their relationship with the UNC staff isn't optimal, certainly not what it was in the past. That's one area that I feel Mack can improve immediately. His forte is interacting with people.

Reactions: MWHeels
I don't think this can be overstated. I personally know a couple of HC's at big schools and both have mentioned more than once that their relationship with the UNC staff isn't optimal, certainly not what it was in the past. That's one area that I feel Mack can improve immediately. His forte is interacting with people.

Word us Bryant is down to Mizzou and Auburn
Auburn QB will go NFL, with no proven back up. Mizzou QB is a senior who will be a very high draft pick, and he has no proven back up. Each of those programs, especially Auburn, has enough coming back at other positions to feel very confident about making a bowl. Each wants a a transfer QB with experience.

Miami has a similar need.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT