ADVERTISEMENT

Tips for visiting fan to Chapel Hill

I would be remiss if I didn't point out one very enjoyable part of game day: the ingress and egress situation. I'm telling you what, it is so effortless. Doesn't matter if you park north of campus, south of campus or on campus, it's so easy to enter before the game and exit after the game. It's definitely easy on the nerves, especially after a nail-biting game, to effortlessly and quickly exit your parking lot and get out of town and on to the highway. The local police do a phenomenal job directing traffic in such a way that it isn't a bottleneck and doesn't want to make you have road rage.

I would be remiss if I didn't point out one very enjoyable part of game day: the ingress and egress situation. I'm telling you what, it is so effortless. Doesn't matter if you park north of campus, south of campus or on campus, it's so easy to enter before the game and exit after the game. It's definitely easy on the nerves, especially after a nail-biting game, to effortlessly and quickly exit your parking lot and get out of town and on to the highway. The local police do a phenomenal job directing traffic in such a way that it isn't a bottleneck and doesn't want to make you have road rage.
I only have one complaint about game day traffic, and that's all the "false bottlenecks" created by motorists stopping to tell the traffic cops what a great job they're doing.

He also neglected to tell us where we can find this helpful blog when we want to go to away games at other schools!

Damn, I was really looking forward to his analysis on how many compliments I'd receive wearing diamond studded UNC apparel while walking alone through Liberty City when I travel to Miami, indulge in highly intellectual quantum physics discussions with the home fans when traveling to NC State, and how to navigate through the crowd of 100,000+ rabid fans when I travel to Duke games...

middle son is taking the college tour and participating in an academic immersion camp in chapel hill this summer.

booked the rooms tonight at the graduate, never stayed there, but heard good things.

haven’t been up there in ten years…where should we go now?…i assume still going to the historic spots, but what’s still around?

middle son is taking the college tour and participating in an academic immersion camp in chapel hill this summer.

booked the rooms tonight at the graduate, never stayed there, but heard good things.

haven’t been up there in ten years…where should we go now?…i assume still going to the historic spots, but what’s still around?
That's right down the street from University Massage ;)

I feel like chapel hill changes every time I go. I miss the Rat, and ye olde waffle shop... but there's always Suttons.

Reactions: gteeitup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT