ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Bradley?

Vote Now for your Favorite Tony Bradley Thread

• Tony Bradley?

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • When Tony Comes Back, Roy Will Make Sure He's A Star

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Do you think Tony Bradley is going to return?

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I think Bradley and Pinson will be back also

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yes he is definitely GONE. Why workout for another team tomorrow if you are coming back to UNC??

Wish him the best of luck and will follow his development closely

The upcoming season will be a challenging one with the growth and development of the young uns in middle at the top of the list.

It is all gravy IMO. I am still gonna revel in the Natty from this year...maybe one of these pups will REALLY surprise us and be a stud in his freshman season... expectations will be lower and the pressure off Gonna enjoy it!!!!

GOOD luck Tony!!!!

Reactions: RP12 and Archer2
I hope that come June 23rd Tony does indeed get picked in the 1st round......if not then it sounds like either a bunch of teams may have possibly lied to him or he was hearing what he wanted to hear and not necessarily what they were saying! I just hate it when a player says this and then they end up going 2nd round!!!!

Reactions: Archer2
I wish the young man well. only he and his family can make he best decision for them. Whether I agree with it or not, I can't fault him one bit as the money that they throw at these kids that aren't ready is hard to ignore for most. thanks for all you gave us in your year with us TB. Best wishes big fella.

i'm happy for tony, but we'll miss him next fall and our big men will struggle due to inexperience. i'd love to be wrong, but arguments about how our 3-star freshmen big guys will be effective sound like wishful thinking to me. sorry.

No kidding Steat. If you'd asked people in the preseason who would take a title if it meant losing our top 8 players, most of us would have said yes. I know I would have. Next year is gravy for me. No pressure at all

I wish Isaiah, Kennedy, Stilman, Nate, JJ, et al all the best in the world. Tony too, if he departs.

Last edited:
No kidding Steat. If you'd asked people in the preseason who would take a title if it meant losing our top 8 players, most of us would have said yes. I know I would have. Next year is gravy for me. No pressure at all

I wish Isaiah, Kennedy, Stilman, Nate, et al all the best in the world. Tony too, if he departs.
Yeah, well, a title doesn't have to be a quid pro quo.

JB could have left and no one could have blamed him. He is eons more ready than Tony but chose to stay because it was the wisest move for his future due to the way this draft is stacked. There is nothing wrong with wishing Tony's thinking would be as sound, because in all candor, THAT is wishing him the best.

Yeah, well, a title doesn't have to be a quid pro quo.

JB could have left and no one could have blamed him. He is eons more ready than Tony but chose to stay because it was the wisest move for his future due to the way this draft is stacked. There is nothing wrong with wishing Tony's thinking would be as sound, because in all candor, THAT is wishing him the best.

JB was unlikely to be drafted, Tony has been told he's a first rounder. That is literally all that matters when evaluating the two for NBA draft purposes.

You passing judgement on a 19 year old kid who is looking out for his family and doing what HE feels is best for him is just lame.

Tony's forever a Tar Heel. He will forever be a champion. Most of us will be rational and wish him a long and healthy career.

most teams have told him he's a late first rounder

"teams" don't know if he's a late 1st rounder , unless they have agreed to take him. , so that statement means nothing.

Why workout for another team tomorrow if you are coming back to UNC??
He continues to work out for teams because no one has told him that they will be selecting him. Once guys get a guarantee , they stop working out for teams.

Wanting TB to come back and enjoying the Natty are not mutually exclusive! Like many I said at the beginning of last season that I would be thrilled to trade our entire team leaving for a Championship! I'm thrilled every time I think of the past season, AND I think TB would be best served by returning. I also will support TB as a Family member what ever his decision is, but I will be a little disappointed about what could have been another special season if he leaves.

The best news for me is that I trust our coaching staff to have us in contention in any case!

Its Good to be the King....again!

Said he's announcing tomorrow. Would kinda be a dick move to set an announcement to declare considering he already has his answer set.

I'm not expecting anything mind blowing from the 3 bigs we have coming in. Tony was ranked in what the mid 20's on the scouting sites? (Not sure). He slowed towards the end of the season. I think maybe yr 2 with these bigs will be much better.

I'm not expecting anything mind blowing from the 3 bigs we have coming in. Tony was ranked in what the mid 20's on the scouting sites? (Not sure). He slowed towards the end of the season. I think maybe yr 2 with these bigs will be much better.
I lean more towards Junior year.

Me neither. Tony was ranked in the mid 20s, and if you look over in the several Bradley threads, you'll see several poasters pointing out the various flaws in his game. And the guys we have coming in are ranked 100 spots below that. Can't really expect much there.

JB was unlikely to be drafted, Tony has been told he's a first rounder. That is literally all that matters when evaluating the two for NBA draft purposes.

You passing judgement on a 19 year old kid who is looking out for his family and doing what HE feels is best for him is just lame.

Tony's forever a Tar Heel. He will forever be a champion. Most of us will be rational and wish him a long and healthy career.
1. JB would have in all liklihood been drafted in the second round, and there's a good chance that's where Tony will end up. However, if he does go I hope someone is willing to take a first round flyer on him and he succeeds.
2. The Bradleys are not in dire financial straits.
3. Don't you f***ing dare insinuate I'm not being rational in pointing out some basic truths. I wish him well, which is WHY I would like to see him take the wiser course. I'm not sure how that's so hard to comprehend. If he makes the wrong decision I still hope it works out for him.
4. What is lame is taking shots at someone because they can reason beyond 2 dimensions.

Last edited:
I don't really poast a lot of opinions about the off season NBA stuff because it's pretty much irrelevant as I am a yuge fan of UNC in the here and now with the program. If and when he goes I wish him well but he may, in the future, be a player people refer back to as a good reason to stay in school and develop there simply because the NBA business and schedule is not modeled around developing players .. everything is a business model. They may well tell a prospect anything to get them in their system and then relegate them to the D league (for relative chump change) and if they don't pan out, or get injured .. oh well .. the business found a chump that bought their bs and if they do work out they get a good player for a song .. jmho

NBA Draft consensus. I wonder if Tony and his Dad have seen this?

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_mock_drafts/consensus

Milwaukee tomorrow looks like a waste of time.
It really can be a crapshoot. So many kids don't realize it's not like the NFL where if a team misses their choice then they go for the "next best available". With only 2 rounds NBA teams can't afford to do that. So let's say one team has you a first round grade, but instead takes another player in the first. That doesn't mean the teams behind them are gonna scoop you up unless they see you as their specific need or fit. Hell, you might not get another sniff until a full round later, if at all.

The only guys who don't have to worry about that are your guaranteed lotto types.

Last edited:
Reactions: al would
TB is going to get drafted, just wish it was more of a certainty of 1st round, but I wish him nothing but the best.

I know it might be crazy, but we don't have a terrible team next year. Joel Berry is a really good player, and Theo will be a very good senior. Maye might not be a NBA player, but he could/can/has been a really good college player the dude knows how to score. Kenny Williams is due for a break out year. All Brooks and Huffman have to do is grab boards. I think this is going to be a really fun and surprising season. Roy is not stupid and has not let me down yet, so I am down even without TB.

I am very interested in seeing how Robinson and Woods develop. Again I will repeat we have 5 star talent just not down low, but there are not many teams that we face that have 5 star talent down low either. I really think we can make some noise. JB will have to play like a National player of the year which I think he can.

If you google Tony for the last 24 hours you see that he's already decided. And none of the articles I saw think he's coming back. He has another workout tomorrow.

Woe is me .. Tony Bradley may leave UNC early ... this chit happens almost every year people. Hell .. we might only win 24 games and an ACC title this season. You guys are incredible pessimist and, coming off an NCAA Title, show an amazing lack of faith in the potential of this years team. jmho

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
Me neither. Tony was ranked in the mid 20s, and if you look over in the several Bradley threads, you'll see several poasters pointing out the various flaws in his game. And the guys we have coming in are ranked 100 spots below that. Can't really expect much there.
Not a lack of faith, just more reasonable expectation's

1. JB would have in all liklihood been drafted in the second round, and there's a good chance that's where Tony will end up. However, if he does go I hope someone is willing to take a first round flyer on him and he succeeds.
2. The Bradleys are not in dire financial straits.
3. Don't you f***ing dare insinuate I'm not being rational in pointing out some basic truths. I wish him well, which is WHY I would like to see him take the wiser course. I'm not sure how that's so hard to comprehend. If he makes the wrong decision I still hope it works out for him.
4. What is lame is taking shots at someone because they can reason beyond 2 dimensions.

Man...that one got you super defensive. Relax over there.

Support a decision one of our own made, that's all. You say you support him to make a wise choice, which in YOUR OPINION is to come back. That's lame. That's all.

I'm scratching my head over why people are so sure he's gone. If he's set on leaving, there is no reason to wait to announce. If he wants to stay, it makes sense to wait to announce so he can get the last workouts in and form relationships with team management for next year.

To me, the line that "the decision has already been made" makes him much MORE likely to stay, not the other way around. It's the only thing that makes sense. Guys who've made up their mind to go have declared publicly that they're leaving already. There's no reason to wait.

Man...that one got you super defensive. Relax over there.

Support a decision one of our own made, that's all. You say you support him to make a wise choice, which in YOUR OPINION is to come back. That's lame. That's all.
No, not defensive, your post was flat out of line. And don't tell me what I said or what I "support" and don't call wisdom "lame". You got gently called out last week by another poster for half-reading posts and responding with personal attacks and you just did it again. You contriibute good things to the board and I enjoy talking basketball with you, but that mess ain't gonna fly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT