ADVERTISEMENT

Tournament Projection

Agree with your thoughts on the bullpen, hopefully they will improve as the season progresses.

Have to agree with you, hate to be in the bracket with ECU. We do not play well against them, unless as you stated unless it's at the Bosh.

Reactions: tarheel0910
D1 Baseball has UNC the #4 seed with Cornell, Oregon and UNC Greensboro in Bracket… UC-Santa Barbara is the 13 seed hosting Air Force, Arizona and Northeastern

Anyone know why they play conference tournaments in baseball? Are they money makers? When I look in the stands for a lot of these games I see a lot of parents and girlfriends and a bunch of empty seats. Is this so the conference networks can put on additional programming? The regionals are tough enough on pitching. Adding a conference tournament the week before doesn't make much sense to me.

Anyone know why they play conference tournaments in baseball? Are they money makers? When I look in the stands for a lot of these games I see a lot of parents and girlfriends and a bunch of empty seats. Is this so the conference networks can put on additional programming? The regionals are tough enough on pitching. Adding a conference tournament the week before doesn't make much sense to me.
Why would they not? They play one in every sport. The stands being empty for the first couple of days isn't unique to baseball. Basketball is the same way and the other sports never have many spectators. The problem isn't that they have one, the problem is there are too many teams invited. Eight teams would be enough. Two pools with double elimination. Could do that in a few days.

As in most sports the conference tournament winner get an automatic bid into NCAA tournament

It could be argued that being eliminated early in the conference tournament can assist with pitching staff rest. This is particularly true for the Heels who didn’t get penalized for a quick exit.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Is there a limit during regular season as to eligible players for any specific game? The dugouts are absolutely loaded with kids in uniform who likely will never see the field.

Yes I’m not sure the exact number but each team has to turn in a roster for each series that can change by the week.. The rest of the players can dress and travel with the team but that number is limited as well

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT