ADVERTISEMENT

Trouble brewing in Lawrence?

trollbaby

All-ACC
Nov 17, 2003
LKN
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ellis-big-game-no-8-kansas-rallies-past-003237937--ncaab.html

ALEXANDER HELD OUT

The Jayhawks played without part-time starter Cliff Alexander after the NCAA raised questions about his eligibility. The freshman forward spent the game in sweats. ''Hopefully it'll be resolved and in a timely manner,'' Self said, stressing that the issue had nothing to do with Kansas

Rumor has it he's been tooling around in one of Fat's Escalades! SMH!??!

This post was edited on 3/1 12:39 AM by trollbaby

An Escalade heck that is nothing compared to the $70 k jewelry scam that Lance Thomas got away with in 2010. Heck that is STILL being covered up over there at Derm..... home of college basketball's greatest cover up.

key...those new escalades cost a pretty penny too!! ..try 70k-90k!!
This post was edited on 3/1 12:02 PM by Bur-Heel

Lance Thomas situation was odd...no punishment at all..now Duke I firmly believe was not involved,and K hands are clean..but LT did receive gifts because he was a player at Duke by the jewler and Duke should have been hit with a scholly loss at least back to back years...total of 2...the Jewler(had no relationship w/ the school,but refused to cooperate and LT had graduated).I understand the NCAA was handcuffed..but the proper thing to do would have been to punish Duke.The NCAA is a joke...PJ was made to sit out ..he was a active player which was correct to do..but because a player leaves/graduates ..you do not punish in some way...makes no sense ,,Duke may have used an ineligible player in the 2010 title run..no fault of K and staff,but in essence they may have,//The NCAA did not follow through.....they won the title ..nothing to so with academics or the school..LT went out on his own and made a jewelry deal..but the NCAA could have taken a stronger stance.He was already on the team...the team gained no advantage by LT getting jewelry his senior year...but the NCAA does things how it see's fit...no set rules ...a reprimand and a 2 scholly loss would have been the right thing to do
This post was edited on 3/1 2:48 PM by 2for3

^ I have been told (and it is my understanding) that DG fairly recently (past few months) stated on his daily radio program that Duke most probably had used an ineligible player while winning their last National Championship. I firmly believe that even though I have paraphrased what was supposedly stated by DG, it was stated nonetheless. I could not agree more...

I guess my point in my continuing to mention this is that we do not KNOW that dook used an ineligible player(Thomas) or not..we simply do not KNOW ANYTHING

NOTHING was done in terms of an investigation////especially an INDEPENDENT investigation a la Weinstein that dook could have and should have appointed to get the FACTS out, regardless of where they led.

Instead EVRYONE, as I have said, has adopted the OMERTA defense. Silence and cover up with K more than happy to NOT try and do anything that surely would have cost him a NATTY.

Hell will freeze over waiting for the dook admin and anyone with a shred of integrity to step up and get to the bottom of this. Again for the umpteenth time , K runs that school and no one dares to cross HIM

Its not swept under the rug...as mentioned they are not stupid enough to start their own investigation like UNC...no the title should not be taken...but a scholly punsishment should have occurred....exonerating k of any wrong doing...but the player did violate a rule....looking at what happened to Minnesota in hoops ..more punishment is coming in my opinion for fb and bb

May have been involved with the grade point fixer that used online classes to pump up grades allowing for eligibility and very likely Kansas is involved via an assistent coach. Lots of power programs are scared of what will come from this, don't worry, from what I hear UNC is not involved but this could be the bomb shell news that dominates the coming off season.

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:
LOL, y'all are gonna keep throwing stones from within our glass house huh?
What should we do? Just ignore others issues becuase we have had trouble? Look at UK fans, 6 times on probation but they still talk about everybody else, why shouldn't we?

Originally posted by mikeirbyusa:

What should we do? Just ignore others issues becuase we have had trouble? Look at UK fans, 6 times on probation but they still talk about everybody else, why shouldn't we?
You make a valid point about Kentucky, but I would think we wouldn't want to be anything like Kentucky fans.

Glass home or not, UNC strives to do far more than most schools even think about. The "Carolina Way" will always be the standard...

Short term memory issues from chemicals in the runoff from them hills would be my guess why they don't talk about their long and well documented history.

TarHeelNation11 posted on 3/2/2015...

Throw stones, who me? NO way, I prefer tossing boulders, they makes a bigger splash & I enjoys tossin em ! LOL

Oh by the way, we bricked up the joint or did you not watch our last NC State game? LOL

Alexander's mom took out a loan from Ludas Capital which specializes in loans to pro athletes. In Alexander's case it would be a loan against future earnings.

You make a valid point about Kentucky, but I would think we wouldn't want to be anything like Kentucky fans.
Owwwww, that hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT