ADVERTISEMENT

UK Involved?? This guy thinks so...

You could conclude this is Duke as well in my opinion.

No way K will get slapped around though.

To think that the 2 schools that were landing far and away the vast majority of OAD players were not involved is simply a childish fantasy. I am looking at you dook,and kentucky. I knew for sure KY was tenny shue dirty after watching the John Wall deal.

Heck we have seen this movie before with the absolute whitewash of the entire Lance Thomas scam

Heck we have seen this movie before with the absolute whitewash of the entire Lance Thomas scam
Problem is this ain't the NCAA, the FBI is doing the investigating and what they find will be FOIA available and the NCAA will have no choice but bring the hammer.

I absolutely agree thou, if it was up to the NCAA duke would never get hit no matter what they do until K retires.

I wonder if the FBI will share the results of an investigation where no Federal crime was committed with the NCAA. My guess is no, and the NCAA ain't gonna ask. I'd be surprised if Duke was involved. I don't like K. but I don't think he would have to get involved in something like this.

I wonder if the FBI will share the results of an investigation where no Federal crime was committed with the NCAA. My guess is no, and the NCAA ain't gonna ask. I'd be surprised if Duke was involved. I don't like K. but I don't think he would have to get involved in something like this.
So all the OAD guys were turning down $100-200k+ from Louisville and others to play at Duke for free? Seems unlikely. What exactly is so magical about K that they would all en masse go there and not UNC?

Capel will get bit by this if they dig deep enough.
Hold on, heading over to hand them my shovel. ;)

For one, Duke has had a lot of turnover in their lineup, and has more pt to offer. Our lineup has been pretty much penciled in the past few years. Plus the NCAA breathing down our neck the past few years, Ingram even mentioned that was a factor.
With all of their transfers the past few years, somebody would have blown the wistle on them. I'm not saying they did or didn't, just that I would be surprised if they were.
The recruits I wonder about the most is Wiggins Knox and Bam.

Last edited:
You can stop with the name calling. Uncalled for. That's the main reason I haven't posted in forever. This place has turned worse than RR.
Playing time doesn't matter? Lol.

I agree on some points I also think lom manopolizing the team usa was a factor. Some things were very shady though. For instance the fact that Ingram had a TERRIBLE visit and almost came.to blows with justise and okafor and still commits then as if reading from a script says we'll UNC just got there noi so there's that... I remember thinking that came directly from coach k to throw shade at us... It worked

For one, Duke has had a lot of turnover in their lineup, and has more pt to offer. Our lineup has been pretty much penciled in the past few years. Plus the NCAA breathing down our neck the past few years, Ingram even mentioned that was a factor.
With all of their transfers the past few years, somebody would have blown the wistle on them. I'm not saying they did or didn't, just that I would be surprised if they were.
I'm not really buying these reasons. Playing time is a factor, but there was plenty of space in the '17 class. Bolden and Giles both sat the bench at Duke last year. As for the scandal being a negative because we could get a tourney ban, I'd believe it if the top OADs weren't committing to places like Washington, Mizzzou, Alabama, and Western Kentucky. Their behavior certainly shows they don't find a few extra tournament games all that important, and indeed we know it's not in terms of draft status.

Nah, I think it's something else. There is no way EVERY top 10 recruit decides Duke and UK are better places to play than UNC over a 4-5 year period, when Roy is pursuing these guys heavily. And now we have our smoking gun...

Yes, duke has had PT to offer and yet so have we, even thou we didn't have a ton across all positions we still had severe need areas especially in thew big man spots. When we had them we were fortunate to get a end of the B list guy, Roy developed them in to solid teams. When you ask duke fans how they got all those 5 stars they tell you they got the same kind of players they always got, whats the problem. Problem is you are dominating top 10 talent EVERY recruiting cycle along with KY in a time where so much money is offered and as we see paid out to top 10 talents?

Now you may want to blame our misses on the NCAA stuff, I have talked about this for 2-3yrs now, it may have been part of the issue but it was not the majority of it, folks didn't want to believe me when i said this in the past but I told ya there was more to it. Pitino gets big time classes right after the NCAA whacks them and even without any penalty we cannot get anything more than a 3 star big man after back to back Natty games?

Add that up, the fact that duke and Ky was getting multiple 5star difference making guys after early NCAAT exists, after losing to us, after knowing the NCAA has done nothing to us, after all that they get the classes of recruits and we don't? That alone has to tell you the playing field is not level and if last week has shown anything it has shown beyond doubt how the field has become unbalanced. $$$

Yes, duke has had PT to offer and yet so have we, even thou we didn't have a ton across all positions we still had severe need areas especially in thew big man spots. When we had them we were fortunate to get a end of the B list guy, Roy developed them in to solid teams. When you ask duke fans how they got all those 5 stars they tell you they got the same kind of players they always got, whats the problem. Problem is you are dominating top 10 talent EVERY recruiting cycle along with KY in a time where so much money is offered and as we see paid out to top 10 talents?

Now you may want to blame our misses on the NCAA stuff, I have talked about this for 2-3yrs now, it may have been part of the issue but it was not the majority of it, folks didn't want to believe me when i said this in the past but I told ya there was more to it. Pitino gets big time classes right after the NCAA whacks them and even without any penalty we cannot get anything more than a 3 star big man after back to back Natty games?

Add that up, the fact that duke and Ky was getting multiple 5star difference making guys after early NCAAT exists, after losing to us, after knowing the NCAA has done nothing to us, after all that they get the classes of recruits and we don't? That alone has to tell you the playing field is not level and if last week has shown anything it has shown beyond doubt how the field has become unbalanced. $$$
Let me ask you an honest question amid the multitude of unfounded suggestions many of you are throwing out but want to believe are true as some sort of justification for Dukes success in the recruiting realm and UNCs perceived lack of landing OADs. Duke landed their first OAD kid in 2010- Kyrie Irving. Let's just pretend for a min that Duke paid him to go there. Duke was the perceived leader for Harrison Barnes the number one kid in that same class; after Barnes told K in his last in home visit (which was Duke) that he was coming and to save #40 for him. Then unbeknownst to them, Roy shoehorns himself right back over to the Barnes residence and a couple days later he pops for UNC. Maybe I could just say that was a coincidence, a desperate plea that paid off, or he got paid off by Roy. How do you think that would go over?

Since then Duke wins the title in 2010, so your theory of early exits wouldn't hold water, 2011 Kyrie is the best player in the country Duke has a ton of success even after he goes down. We only got one OAD In 2011 (Austin Rivers son of head coach Doc rivers, I'm pretty sure they don't need the money, and he was a Duke lean for two years prior) 2012 we didn't land one, 2013 was Jabari- a morman who if you know anything about that faith they're not taking money. 2014 we land tyus who wasn't considered a one and done but was consider a Duke heavy lean since he was a soph in HS and that he and Jah planned on going to school together from 8th grade on. Then there is Justise who also wasn't supposed to be a OAD, was rated behind Justin Jackson mind you, and was thought to be a Duke lean bc of tyus and Jah who were his boys from all of the USA teams. Ingram, you know the story, Giles and Tatum were heaaaavy Duke leans for quite a while and it was no secret.

So for years UNC and UK fans cry about Dukes unfair advantage bc of K in USA basketball, but now you want to claim it was actually paying kids? It doesn't make any sense why Duke would need to do that and I'd actually argue it makes zero sense for Kentucky either. I don't think when you're at the level of Duke UK or UNC you need to go down that road. Could it happen? Absolutely and I could be wrong, I'm not naive. However I'm not going to insinuate or imply that the only reason we have had success is based on completely unfounded assumptions.

Last edited:
Reactions: tw3301
Let me ask you an honest question amid the multitude of unfounded suggestions many of you are throwing out but want to believe are true as some sort of justification for Dukes success in the recruiting realm and UNCs perceived lack of landing OADs. Duke landed their first OAD kid in 2010- Kyrie Irving. Let's just pretend for a min that Duke paid him to go there. Duke was the perceived leader for Harrison Barnes the number one kid in that same class; after Barnes told K in his last in home visit (which was Duke) that he was coming and to save #40 for him. Then unbeknownst to them, Roy shoehorns himself right back over to the Barnes residence and a couple days later he pops for UNC. Maybe I could just say that was a coincidence, a desperate plea that paid off, or he got paid off by Roy. How do you think that would go over?

Since then Duke wins the title in 2010, so your theory of early exits wouldn't hold water, 2011 Kyrie is the best player in the country Duke has a ton of success even after he goes down. We only got one OAD In 2011 (Austin Rivers son of head coach Doc rivers, I'm pretty sure they don't need the money, and he was a Duke lean for two years prior) 2012 we didn't land one, 2013 was Jabari- a morman who if you know anything about that faith they're not taking money. 2014 we land tyus who wasn't considered a one and done but was consider a Duke heavy lean since he was a soph in college and that he and Jah planned on going to school together from 8th grade on. Then there is Justise who also wasn't supposed to be a OAD, was rated behind Justin Jackson mind you, and was thought to be a Duke lean bc of tyus and Jah who were his boys from all of the USA teams. Ingram, you know the story, Giles and Tatum were heaaaavy Duke leans for quite a while and it was no secret.

So for years UNC and UK fans cry about Dukes unfair advantage bc of K in USA basketball, but now you want to claim it was actually paying kids? It doesn't make any sense why Duke would need to do that and I'd actually argue it makes zero sense for Kentucky either. I don't think when you're at the level of Duke UK or UNC you need to go down that road. Could it happen? Absolutely and I could be wrong, I'm not naive. However I'm not going to insinuate or imply that the only reason we have had success is based on completely unfounded assumptions.

How far back does this investigation reference? If you dont think a kid who had trouble in high school, somehow reclassified AND got into Duke is fishy, then I dont know what to tell you. I heard Duval is road scholar also.

Just for the record, Coach hewhomustnotbementioned is no saint, see Sk's post above.

Yes, duke has had PT to offer and yet so have we, even thou we didn't have a ton across all positions we still had severe need areas especially in thew big man spots.

Some folk can't or wont see past the end of the nose on their face.

We have a prep hoops guru here in Arkansas who posted that he is hearing up to 30 current freshmen are involved and will be declared ineligible!!! Take it for what it is worth!!!

How far back does this investigation reference? If you dont think a kid who had trouble in high school, somehow reclassified AND got into Duke is fishy, then I dont know what to tell you. I heard Duval is road scholar also.
You are talking about academics? What does that have to do with an FBI criminal investigation? The FBI couldn't care less about how a kid got into a college.

Since then Duke wins the title in 2010, so your theory of early exits wouldn't hold water, 2011 Kyrie is the best player in the country Duke has a ton of success even after he goes down. We only got one OAD In 2011 (Austin Rivers son of head coach Doc rivers, I'm pretty sure they don't need the money, and he was a Duke lean for two years prior) 2012 we didn't land one, 2013 was Jabari- a morman who if you know anything about that faith they're not taking money. 2014 we land tyus who wasn't considered a one and done but was consider a Duke heavy lean since he was a soph in college and that he and Jah planned on going to school together from 8th grade on. Then there is Justise who also wasn't supposed to be a OAD, was rated behind Justin Jackson mind you, and was thought to be a Duke lean bc of tyus and Jah who were his boys from all of the USA teams. Ingram, you know the story, Giles and Tatum were heaaaavy Duke leans for quite a while and it was no secret.

First DENIAL ain't a river in Egypt~ LOL

First it is a reach to try to tie Barnes and Irving together in some strange way but OK, I will play. Maybe when K lost Barnes that was his final straw, screw this, if we have to pay em pay em just make sure it can not lead back to me. Makes just as much sense doesn't it, especially considering that word has it that K when nutzs after finding out Barnes was committing to Roy. Maybe Barnes just didn't need or want to risk doing something that could cost him his eligibility and elected to stay on the side of caution? Point being do YOU have any evidence, any whisper, any hint, anything that in any way would indicate Roy paid for Barnes? I have never heard a single fact that indicated Barnes was paid but I do have a fact that is well known that wold indicate that it was not likely that he was. Irving went pro in that season where the NBA had the lockout going on, Barnes didn't, even thou Barnes could have signed at very least a big time endorsement deal that would have VERY likely paid him more than a NBA rookie salary would have, even if he had to sit out due to the NBA lock out. That is strong evidence that Barnes was not on the take, maybe duke offering him $$$ was the reason he backed away from duke last minute?

Next, Austin Rivers, really, you explanation is that he didn't need the money because daddy was a NBA player? Oh, so folks with money do not need or want MORE money? Did Austin Rivers donate his NBA pay check to the starving children in Ethiopia, you know, considering how money was not a factor for him? LOL sorry, not saying Rivers took money but your defense is weak.

Next Jabari Parker, your offered reason he didn't get paid was because he was Morman? Excuse me but is the Morman faith the only one that dictates that doing illegal things is bad? If so what religion was Ochafor, for that matter Carter or Bagley, if not Morman then I suppose you acknowledge that they took money? LOL Further, Parker, was a Morman sure, so was Stillman While, ya know the difference, Stillman put the rest of his life on hold to go on his Morman mission, Parker did not put his life on hold to do the same, may I suggest that maybe his faith was not the single most driving force in his life? Ouch, yeah, that one stung, didn't it? LOL

Next, Ty Jones, "2014 we land tyus who wasn't considered a one and done but was consider a Duke heavy lean since he was a soph in college", funny considering he didn't play a soph season in college and actually was a one & done, yeah, I know, you made a typo but funny how it came out. But, looked at another way, Jones was considered the #1 PG in his class so I guess to you the #1 PG in a class is not a 1&D candidate? I think most would agree that the #1 player at his position in pretty much any class would be considered a 1&D guy but of course they have to play their way to that actually being realistic.

Who next, Jah Jah binky Ochafor, so he and Ty Jones had this unbreakable bond that they were going to play together since the 8th grade, dang K buys em young (LOL, easy shot there). So, these package deals, they always work out, that what ya tellin me and duke was their dream school? Then why wasn't Bam a Tarheel, he grew up a Tar Heel fan, Giles was a Tar Heel fan growing up according to some, point is who you were a fan of growing up and package deals made early on do not always and frankly do not often work out. And often when they do the whispers of them being paid are everywhere. By the way, if duke was the dream school for Parker/IrvingJones/Ochafor/Winslow/Ingram they sure stopped dreaming about them early, looks as if the NBA was much more of their real dream than duke was.

Who next, Winslow, yeah, Winslow was not rated higher than Jackson but truth is Jackson was not as physically ready as Winslow was, I do live and die by ratings or rankings of recruits, I look to see the player no matter where he may be ranked and the fact is Winslow as much more ready to produce day 1 than Justin was, if I can see that do ya not think scouts and street agents, and shoe company folk couldn't? LOL

Next Giles/Tatum, were they in love like Ty and Jah were? I notice, Giles did nothing in his one season at duke and yet after spendign most of his duke career dressed in a suit and watching from the sidelines, rather than come back and really be a major part of his dream schools success, he skipped away to the NBA, hey, kinda like Irving did, huh? LOL And Tatum, rather than work with Giles to come back and prove that they were actually a super team, they allowed their last memory as a duke player to be their elimination from their ONLY NCAAT in what round was that again, by what team was their last memory sculpted?

Kinda amazing isn't it, our UNC guys come back to winn Nattys and your dukies skip off to get paid, now tell me which strike you as more loyal and who seems to be in it for the cash and who doesn't? LOL

Ok, here it comes, watch this "So for years UNC and UK fans cry about Dukes unfair advantage bc of K in USA basketball, but now you want to claim it was actually paying kids? It doesn't make any sense why Duke would need to do that and I'd actually argue it makes zero sense for Kentucky either."

^ AND for years duke fans have been claiming that K got no extra benefit for coaching team USA while the rest of us told you he did, yall denied it and now you want to embrace it? GOTCHA ! LOL

It is pretty sad that duke had to use paying players in addition to the extra benefit K got from coaching team USA, I will agree with ya there!

" I don't think when you're at the level of Duke UK or UNC you need to go down that road. Could it happen? Absolutely and I could be wrong,"

Again, I agree, it is pretty sad that a power program like duke or Ky has to go down the road of paying players, it is pretty sad when a hall of fame coach like Pitino has to as well, I guess the pressures to continue winning are to great... Even thou rival fans have enjoyed celebrating their success on the recruiting trail over us now those wins are being hung around your neck like an anchor, and maybe it was not really worth it. I mean, IF your dukies did pay folks, if Ky did pay folks then was it worth it, considering what we have just been able to do in back to back seasons, was it really worth it? Not one single hint out there that Roy was or is involved with this FBI sting but then again you knew he wasn't or we would have been getting those big time talents that were steered by stacks of money yall to other programs. Lance Thomas, didn't yall pay him enough to cover his jeweler bill, shame on yall! LOL

I agree on some points I also think lom manopolizing the team usa was a factor. Some things were very shady though. For instance the fact that Ingram had a TERRIBLE visit and almost came.to blows with justise and okafor and still commits then as if reading from a script says we'll UNC just got there noi so there's that... I remember thinking that came directly from coach k to throw shade at us... It worked

That visit was so bad. However, in a scandal predicated on the funneling of athletes to shoe-company-sponsored schools in the hopes of signing them once they turn pro, you probably need a better shady example than Ingram, who signed with Adidas.

That's not to say there was nothing disreputable in regards to his recruitment, but, despite multiple instances of it above where there seems to be a marked shift in the burden of proof, claiming something with pretty baseless implications isn't necessarily reasonable.

First it is a reach to try to tie Barnes and Irving together in some strange way but OK, I will play. Maybe when K lost Barnes that was his final straw, screw this, if we have to pay em pay em just make sure it can not lead back to me. Makes just as much sense doesn't it, especially considering that word has it that K when nutzs after finding out Barnes was committing to Roy. Maybe Barnes just didn't need or want to risk doing something that could cost him his eligibility and elected to stay on the side of caution? Point being do YOU have any evidence, any whisper, any hint, anything that in any way would indicate Roy paid for Barnes? I have never heard a single fact that indicated Barnes was paid but I do have a fact that is well known that wold indicate that it was not likely that he was. Irving went pro in that season where the NBA had the lockout going on, Barnes didn't, even thou Barnes could have signed at very least a big time endorsement deal that would have VERY likely paid him more than a NBA rookie salary would have, even if he had to sit out due to the NBA lock out. That is strong evidence that Barnes was not on the take, maybe duke offering him $$$ was the reason he backed away from duke last minute?

Next, Austin Rivers, really, you explanation is that he didn't need the money because daddy was a NBA player? Oh, so folks with money do not need or want MORE money? Did Austin Rivers donate his NBA pay check to the starving children in Ethiopia, you know, considering how money was not a factor for him? LOL sorry, not saying Rivers took money but your defense is weak.

Next Jabari Parker, your offered reason he didn't get paid was because he was Morman? Excuse me but is the Morman faith the only one that dictates that doing illegal things is bad? If so what religion was Ochafor, for that matter Carter or Bagley, if not Morman then I suppose you acknowledge that they took money? LOL Further, Parker, was a Morman sure, so was Stillman While, ya know the difference, Stillman put the rest of his life on hold to go on his Morman mission, Parker did not put his life on hold to do the same, may I suggest that maybe his faith was not the single most driving force in his life? Ouch, yeah, that one stung, didn't it? LOL

Next, Ty Jones, "2014 we land tyus who wasn't considered a one and done but was consider a Duke heavy lean since he was a soph in college", funny considering he didn't play a soph season in college and actually was a one & done, yeah, I know, you made a typo but funny how it came out. But, looked at another way, Jones was considered the #1 PG in his class so I guess to you the #1 PG in a class is not a 1&D candidate? I think most would agree that the #1 player at his position in pretty much any class would be considered a 1&D guy but of course they have to play their way to that actually being realistic.

Who next, Jah Jah binky Ochafor, so he and Ty Jones had this unbreakable bond that they were going to play together since the 8th grade, dang K buys em young (LOL, easy shot there). So, these package deals, they always work out, that what ya tellin me and duke was their dream school? Then why wasn't Bam a Tarheel, he grew up a Tar Heel fan, Giles was a Tar Heel fan growing up according to some, point is who you were a fan of growing up and package deals made early on do not always and frankly do not often work out. And often when they do the whispers of them being paid are everywhere. By the way, if duke was the dream school for Parker/IrvingJones/Ochafor/Winslow/Ingram they sure stopped dreaming about them early, looks as if the NBA was much more of their real dream than duke was.

Who next, Winslow, yeah, Winslow was not rated higher than Jackson but truth is Jackson was not as physically ready as Winslow was, I do live and die by ratings or rankings of recruits, I look to see the player no matter where he may be ranked and the fact is Winslow as much more ready to produce day 1 than Justin was, if I can see that do ya not think scouts and street agents, and shoe company folk couldn't? LOL

Next Giles/Tatum, were they in love like Ty and Jah were? I notice, Giles did nothing in his one season at duke and yet after spendign most of his duke career dressed in a suit and watching from the sidelines, rather than come back and really be a major part of his dream schools success, he skipped away to the NBA, hey, kinda like Irving did, huh? LOL And Tatum, rather than work with Giles to come back and prove that they were actually a super team, they allowed their last memory as a duke player to be their elimination from their ONLY NCAAT in what round was that again, by what team was their last memory sculpted?

Kinda amazing isn't it, our UNC guys come back to winn Nattys and your dukies skip off to get paid, now tell me which strike you as more loyal and who seems to be in it for the cash and who doesn't? LOL

Ok, here it comes, watch this "So for years UNC and UK fans cry about Dukes unfair advantage bc of K in USA basketball, but now you want to claim it was actually paying kids? It doesn't make any sense why Duke would need to do that and I'd actually argue it makes zero sense for Kentucky either."

^ AND for years duke fans have been claiming that K got no extra benefit for coaching team USA while the rest of us told you he did, yall denied it and now you want to embrace it? GOTCHA ! LOL

It is pretty sad that duke had to use paying players in addition to the extra benefit K got from coaching team USA, I will agree with ya there!

" I don't think when you're at the level of Duke UK or UNC you need to go down that road. Could it happen? Absolutely and I could be wrong,"

Again, I agree, it is pretty sad that a power program like duke or Ky has to go down the road of paying players, it is pretty sad when a hall of fame coach like Pitino has to as well, I guess the pressures to continue winning are to great... Even thou rival fans have enjoyed celebrating their success on the recruiting trail over us now those wins are being hung around your neck like an anchor, and maybe it was not really worth it. I mean, IF your dukies did pay folks, if Ky did pay folks then was it worth it, considering what we have just been able to do in back to back seasons, was it really worth it? Not one single hint out there that Roy was or is involved with this FBI sting but then again you knew he wasn't or we would have been getting those big time talents that were steered by stacks of money yall to other programs. Lance Thomas, didn't yall pay him enough to cover his jeweler bill, shame on yall! LOL
Boy that's a lot to read. Heading to a meeting but I did skim it and will come back. I meant to say Tyus was a heavy Duke lean since soph in high school, which would make it a lot easier to understand my point regarding him.

Boy that's a lot to read. Heading to a meeting but I did skim it and will come back. I meant to say Tyus was a heavy Duke lean since soph in high school, which would make it a lot easier to understand my point regarding him.

Timo, one of my clients is the next door neighbor of an FBI agent. The FBI agent told him that all AAU reps for Nike and Adidas will be interviewed under oath. "Every" top 10 player over the last 20 years has been offered money from shoe companies. Some accepted money and some did not. The FBI will be digging hard on this. Bagley, Duval and Reddish are the primary players that you should be worried about. Capel is dead. You will regret Duke brought him back.

Timo, one of my clients is the next door neighbor of an FBI agent. The FBI agent told him that all AAU reps for Nike and Adidas will be interviewed under oath. "Every" top 10 player over the last 20 years has been offered money from shoe companies. Some accepted money and some did not. The FBI will be digging hard on this. Bagley, Duval and Reddish are the primary players that you should be worried about. Capel is dead. You will regret Duke brought him back.
Steat I love your confidence man. LOVE it. Just hope you're right and nobody slimes out of this. I don't expect K to get hit personally, but any hit on dook would do it for me.

You are talking about academics? What does that have to do with an FBI criminal investigation? The FBI couldn't care less about how a kid got into a college.

OK, so this is some funny stuff right here! After what, 6yrs of duke fans wanting to talk nothing but academics in slamming us for the AFAM stuff, now all the sudden they DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT ACADEMICS? Very funny how that works? LOL

Well you left me a lot to reply to and in it all I basically did was say that there were other ways of looking at this.

Look, of course anything to do with duke or Ky or Kansas I am going to suspect as dirty tricks, JUST AS YOU WILL SUSPECT ANYTHING THAT INVOLVES UNC HAS A TAINT. That is fans who hate the others beloved programs talking. I don't ask you to agree with theory that I put forward but I do believe I am fair when I distinguish what is a possible theory and what has a fact trail that I am using even if you may not agree with those facts. For example, I have never once indicated any dirt on Ty Jones, Rivers, Winslow, Ochafor, Parker. But to counter what I have said for some reason you bring in Barnes, out of the blue, a kid that has never had any taint associated toward him outside of duke fans being hurt he became a Tar Heel. That kinda wasn't real fair or honest IMO.

What is fact is that top 10 kids will be looked at differently now, that started last Tuesday, and programs that have been able to year after year dominate the top 10 in recruiting since this investigation began (2015) will just have to have a cloud of doubt that surrounds them and no matter how hard you scream, that situation is not going to change for a long while. In the specific time frame this investigation took place, duke and Ky have dominated the recruiting scene and by association can not be disputed to deserve to be very nervous.

That is not my spin on this situation, that is just simple fact...Is it an established fact that duke or Ky paid players to commit since 2015, no it is not. Is it an established fact that duke and Ky have dominated recruiting in and since 2015, yes it is. Is this investigation centering around top 20 players or much lower ranked players, fact is it is looking very hard at the top 20 kids in a class within that time frame. Is it an established fact that they all took money, no it is not, it is not an established that any (other than maybe Bowen) did. But there is a lot of smoke indicating that they did and smoke usually equals a fire some place. If my program had pushed thru a ton of 1&D players since this investigation began in 2015, yeah I would be very concerned, scared would be a better way of putting it. Take that from a guy that has defended his program all the way thru this AFAM NCAA stuff.

Steat I love your confidence man. LOVE it. Just hope you're right and nobody slimes out of this. I don't expect K to get hit personally, but any hit on dook would do it for me.

Chances of K getting hit are slim and none, but my AAU friend told me this. If the FBI can get certain people to talk, Duke may come to regret playing Bagley. Think about this scenario:

Shoe company Rep says:

"I can get you $250,000 if Bagley commits to private school in North Carolina for 2019 class. Now, if he can somehow reclassify and become eligible fo 2018 I can you $500,000."

Okay, what school can cut corners on a reclassify? A PRIVATE school...

Bagley gets the TV exposure and gets to the NBA one year sooner and the shoe company get their investment back sooner. No brainer.

Last edited:

Whispers I hear is as many as 30 or more current and former players and a min of 10 coaches and maybe double that. Kalipari should take a NBA gig right now before his ship totally tanks, WWW is the major fish the feds are looking for and why Nike has not been hit as hard so far.

Chances of K getting hit are slim and none, but my AAU friend told me this. If the FB Ican get certain people to talk, Duke may come to regret playing Bagley. Think about this scenario: Shoe company Rep says:

"I can get you $250,000 if Bagley if commits to private school in North Carolina for 2019 class. Now, if can somehow reclassify and become eligible fo 2018 I can you $500,000."

Okay, what school can cut corners on a reclassify? A PRIVATE school...

Bagley gest the TV exposure and gets to the NBA one year sooner and the shoe company get their investment back sooner. No brainer.

Business 101 steat, ROI is to be achieved ASAP ! LOL

Reactions: Steat
OK, so this is some funny stuff right here! After what, 6yrs of duke fans wanting to talk nothing but academics in slamming us for the AFAM stuff, now all the sudden they DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT ACADEMICS? Very funny how that works? LOL
I appreciate the irony but it wasn't my point.

I'm not in the least bit shocked by the fact that all top 20 players have been offered money and I wouldn't stop at the last 20 years. It's a dirty business. To your point though, they will dig hard and they will uncover whatever is there. If kids took money from reps or companies thats it then, they're ineligible. If it turns out that they took money in the way that it was alleged like it went down at Louisville than that's what Duke fans should be worried about. Truthfully I don't see K getting involved in that. Again could I be wrong, sure.

There is so much here I'm just going to chop it off at the first paragraph and say let's grab a few beers one day and have an old fashioned barstool convo. My point with bringing Barnes up is to say, I could easily say that looked quite shady that Roy swooped in unannounced and all of a sudden Barnes pulls the trigger for UNC. Do I personally think any money exchanged hands? Not really, it was more so an example of how you could spin anything you want into viewing it how you would like to. I think it would be awfully sour grapes to suggest that's the only reason he picked unc. Truthfully I don't care bc it worked out just fine for us.

As for the USA Bball thing- there were some fans that for whatever reason didn't admit it was a benefit- not sure why they would not admit it. There were fans who thought him taking that job would cost Duke bc his focus was on two jobs. I personally was very open about it being an awesome recruiting pitch and was glad he took it.

On Rivers- no his dad being an nba coach making millions would be plenty reason not to take money. He was also a huge Duke lean prior and it was no secret. Why pay him? Why would he risk it?

Jabari- the Mormon thing is important when it comes to the morality of it. I won't get into that here bc it's a lot of getting into the weeds. He was down to Duke Michigan State and I think BYU. Did we really need to pay him?

Tyus was ours since his soph year in high school. What are we paying for?

You mentioned there isn't one single hint out there that Roy was involved. I agree I haven't seen one. This I'm not coming on here making stuff up.

Outside of this board, I haven't seen one single thing implicating K anywhere. To take it a step further, since you guys like to use Capel as your punching bag, I haven't seen anywhere where he is implicated either. Again, if that changes, I'll own it. But to suggest it's the only reason Duke has had recruiting success is disingenuous.

I'm not in the least bit shocked by the fact that all top 20 players have been offered money and I wouldn't stop at the last 20 years. It's a dirty business. To your point though, they will dig hard and they will uncover whatever is there. If kids took money from reps or companies thats it then, they're ineligible. If it turns out that they took money in the way that it was alleged like it went down at Louisville than that's what Duke fans should be worried about. Truthfully I don't see K getting involved in that. Again could I be wrong, sure.

As I said above, you don't have to worry about K being involved, but I will not say the same about Capel. He may be in deep Sh$%#t and K not knowing anything about what Capel is doing. I will say this and if is very true. Some of Duke OAD's have accepted money. The big question is what players and how it went down? The FBI will dig it out

Capel drools over taking over for K. Man, how can anyone claim that job other than Capel, rated the hottest assistant coach in the NCAA?

The FBI has just started their new rounds of interviews. It will all come out in the wash. The are hundreds of people involved in the AAU that know who the cheaters are. The FBI will spend the money to find out.

Last edited:
There is so much here I'm just going to chop it off at the first paragraph and say let's grab a few beers one day and have an old fashioned barstool convo. My point with bringing Barnes up is to say, I could easily say that looked quite shady that Roy swooped in unannounced and all of a sudden Barnes pulls the trigger for UNC. Do I personally think any money exchanged hands? Not really, it was more so an example of how you could spin anything you want into viewing it how you would like to. I think it would be awfully sour grapes to suggest that's the only reason he picked unc. Truthfully I don't care bc it worked out just fine for us.

As for the USA Bball thing- there were some fans that for whatever reason didn't admit it was a benefit- not sure why they would not admit it. There were fans who thought him taking that job would cost Duke bc his focus was on two jobs. I personally was very open about it being an awesome recruiting pitch and was glad he took it.

On Rivers- no his dad being an nba coach making millions would be plenty reason not to take money. He was also a huge Duke lean prior and it was no secret. Why pay him? Why would he risk it?

Jabari- the Mormon thing is important when it comes to the morality of it. I won't get into that here bc it's a lot of getting into the weeds. He was down to Duke Michigan State and I think BYU. Did we really need to pay him?

Tyus was ours since his soph year in high school. What are we paying for?

You mentioned there isn't one single hint out there that Roy was involved. I agree I haven't seen one. This I'm not coming on here making stuff up.

Outside of this board, I haven't seen one single thing implicating K anywhere. To take it a step further, since you guys like to use Capel as your punching bag, I haven't seen anywhere where he is implicated either. Again, if that changes, I'll own it. But to suggest it's the only reason Duke has had recruiting success is disingenuous.

First, would enjoy sharing a beer or 3 with ya, would for sure prefer to discuss this stuff face to face as opposed to this venue, my best bud is a dukie as most know and we LOVE to go back & forth with each other about this stuff.

However, keep in mind, I have not said K or duke paid a single player. I have simply acknowledged and I think rightfully so, any program that has dominated recruiting top 10 players since this investigation began in 2015 should be highly worried at this point and I really do not see a counter argument against that other than hope and prayer your program is not involved. I think the odds are more than a program that has hit hard for 1&D players are more likely to be caught up in this than not but that is just my opinion. I do think duke, Ky, Kansas, Miss St, Missouri fans should be especially worried...

Since then Duke wins the title in 2010, so your theory of early exits wouldn't hold water, 2011 Kyrie is the best player in the country Duke has a ton of success even after he goes down. We only got one OAD In 2011 (Austin Rivers son of head coach Doc rivers, I'm pretty sure they don't need the money, and he was a Duke lean for two years prior) 2012 we didn't land one, 2013 was Jabari- a morman who if you know anything about that faith they're not taking money. 2014 we land tyus who wasn't considered a one and done but was consider a Duke heavy lean since he was a soph in HS and that he and Jah planned on going to school together from 8th grade on. Then there is Justise who also wasn't supposed to be a OAD, was rated behind Justin Jackson mind you, and was thought to be a Duke lean bc of tyus and Jah who were his boys from all of the USA teams. Ingram, you know the story, Giles and Tatum were heaaaavy Duke leans for quite a while and it was no secret.

You should check out who Bagley's final 3 schools were before you type more.

I have no doubt some of the top 10 recruits at Duke were clean. I also have no doubt that some were not.

This year in particular looks bad. Bagley and Duval are brought in late to fill roster spots and feel like paid mercenaries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT