Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2006
UNC leads 1-0. Top of the 3rd.

This post was edited on 4/4 7:13 PM by DF1972

GOHEELS!

Clemson leads 2-1, top of the 5th.

Got to go for now. Go Heels!!!!

Clemson leads 2-1, top of the 8th. Heels on 1st and 2nd, 1 out. Bolt batting for UNC. Single. Bases full, 1 out.

SF by Lassiter. Game tied, 2 outs, game tied 2-2. Heels at 2nd and 3rd.

The Heels strand 2. Game tied 2-2, bottom of the 8th.

The Tar Heels go down in order. Game tied 2-2, bottom of the 9th.

Game tied 2-2, top of the 10th. The tiggers stranded a runner at 3rd.

UNC opens the 10th with a double, followed by a ground out.

Bases full of Tar Heels, 2 outs.Game tied 2-2. Dudek batting for UNC. Dudek strikes out. UNC strands 3 after a opening double.

Happy Easter to all! Go Tar Heels!

Signing off, this old man needs his sleep.
This post was edited on 4/4 9:44 PM by DF1972

Good thing you went to bed, DF.

Heels took a two-run lead in the 11th and should've won the game.

Instead, Kelley issued two walks in the bottom of the inning and was replaced by Thornton. Thornton walked a batter, threw a wild pitch that allowed a run to score, and then we had an infield error that allowed two more runs to score and Clemson won the game 5-4. It was sickening.

What happened to the days when Thornton came in and you knew the game was over? He has really struggled this year. That said, Kelley had looked really good up until those two walks so who knows whether he should have stayed in.

Just a very frustrating and confusing year so far from our bullpen. We are a lot stronger on paper than we've shown in games.

RH, ^^^^ agree 100%. I am glad I went to bed. I saw the write up on GOHEELS.COM this morning and wanted to cry.

The UNC baseball team has inherited some of the inconsistent tendencies of our football and basketball teams this past season. Added to what you stated above are some very bad base running decisions, unforced errors and tons of LOB.

I still love our Heels. Hopefully Moss and Hovis can return and help right the ship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT