ADVERTISEMENT

UNC to host Mercer in 2019...

Sounds like we're choosing football teams to play that have beaten Dook in basketball in the first round....Coach K did say that Mercer had "Men" playing on their basketball team after the Dookies lost to them in the first round a few years ago.....Wonder if any of those Mercer "Men" play on the football team too?

Glad to see we got a true home game, and not a home-and-home. Although we paid $400,000 to do so! I wonder how much that game's revenue will eclipse that number by. I figure maybe $1 million for that game in gate revenue, so we get about $600,000 in net revenue from the game. I suppose having the game at home also means we get the TV rights, although much of that revenue is split with the conference.

How reputable is that source? Weird the info has been out there for three weeks without an announcement from the school.

November 23, 2019 is the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I don't mind playing an FCS school, but they gotta start putting them on the front end of the schedule. These mid-season patsies are real momentum killers for fans IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT