What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
PlayerMPGTS%FT%2PT%3PT%ASSTsTOsPTS
Caleb Love27.741.780.834.826.63.63.110.5
RJ Davis22.347.582.137.032.31.91.98.4
Jeremiah Francis22.744.573.041.725.02.21.96.4
Seventh Woods19.040.566.742.518.51.91.95.4

I was curious how the PGs who transferred did last season. I was sorry they left and am a little sad for them that they didn't do better in their new digs.

Meanwhile, as much as we gripe about the guys we have, they did somewhat better - and are only freshmen. I'm glad we have them.

There were some bumps and bruises with Caleb and RJ last year and, as a combination, they did not work well at all.

However, it’s great that Caleb is coming back and I believe they have the ability to form a very dynamic combo as sophomores.

Of the four players listed, only Jeremiah Francis is a point guard. Love,Davis and Harris are all talented shooting guards. They will be much better this year, but it's a curiosity that Coach Williams' only real point guard recruit in the last several years was Francis

Of the four players listed, only Jeremiah Francis is a point guard. Love,Davis and Harris are all talented shooting guards. They will be much better this year, but it's a curiosity that Coach Williams' only real point guard recruit in the last several years was Francis

Cole Anthony was not a pure PG?

Cole Anthony was not a pure PG?
My goodness no!!! Cole Anthony is nowhere close to being a point guard!! He's a very slight 6'2" version of Carmelo Anthony. He's a volume shooter. He dribbles with no purpose. He doesn't make his teammates better. Thus, the 14-19 season. He is a tremendous defensive rebounder for his size.

"Anthony started in 17 games prior to Friday once Markelle Fultz went down with a knee injury. Though just a rookie, Anthony has shown flashes of being a strong floor general with the Magic, and his teammates have noticed.

“He is just making the right plays, hitting shots,” Chuma Okeke said. “He just be having fun out there, for real. Cole brings a lot of energy to the team and he is a real cool dude to be around off the court and on the court. He just be out there having fun and getting everybody involved and making good plays.”

Hmmmm, sounds like a dadgum PG to me!!! Or maybe just a strong floor general instead. Cole is exactly what teams want, an excellent Lead guard that can score or get others involved.

My goodness no!!! Cole Anthony is nowhere close to being a point guard!! He's a very slight 6'2" version of Carmelo Anthony. He's a volume shooter. He dribbles with no purpose. He doesn't make his teammates better. Thus, the 14-19 season. He is a tremendous defensive rebounder for his size.

Day job, Bob. Don't quit it. We've talked about this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT