ADVERTISEMENT

Very Quick stuff (State game - ACCT)...

I’m guessing we get UK as our 4 seed and although I would love to bounce them out in the sweet 16, I really didn’t like the matchup earlier in the year and I like it even less today. They can score 100 on an off night and I typically prefer to see Carolina run and gun, but this Carolina team can’t run with this UK team.

Reactions: Heelicious
I’m guessing we get UK as our 4 seed and although I would love to bounce them out in the sweet 16, I really didn’t like the matchup earlier in the year and I like it even less today. They can score 100 on an off night and I typically prefer to see Carolina run and gun, but this Carolina team can’t run with this UK team.
Nobody should want teams like Kentucky or Alabama as the 4 seed in your region. They are hot or cold and aren’t great or even good defenders but like you said - both can score 100 on a B -level game. No way we can stay with that.

Last night was more about hitting shots than coaching…Missed a bunch of open looks in the 2nd half…Coach Davis can’t control that…Just a tip of the hat to west Raleigh…It was bound to happen sooner or later…1987 was the last time…Got to let little brother win sometimes…

What?
Hell why dont one of us just show up then..lol

Fact is NOBODY had an overall good game, no matter whom you want to scapegoat.
RJ scores 30 on nearly 30 shots.
When Love did that and we lost he was "ALWAYS" the reason according to the experts on this site. :rolleyes:

When Love did that and we lost he was "ALWAYS" the reason according to the experts on this site. :rolleyes:
Yes, and again, no one player should be scapegoated, but in general, if we revert to too much dribbling by our shooters and hero-ball, it will be a short run.

I don’t know what RJ is supposed to do tho. It’s not like he comes out of the tunnel LOOKING EVERY GAME to be hero-ball mode like Caleb always did.

RJ wants to just play his role but he is going to be the number one option on this team at least for perimeter rest of this year. Rj is a part of the problem but not the biggest part. Other people need to get their sht together on offense and work harder to get open and hit easy open shots.

If the rest of the team is going to shoot at about 15-20% which is what ec Cormac and Seth did last night - tell me why RJ SHOULDNT want to try to take over?

Yes, and again, no one player should be scapegoated, but in general, if we revert to too much dribbling by our shooters and hero-ball, it will be a short run.
2 games max and I will be as pissed as I've been in a long, long time.😠

I don’t know what RJ is supposed to do tho. It’s not like he comes out of the tunnel LOOKING EVERY GAME to be hero-ball mode like Caleb always did.
He's not the 'problem" but to say he doesn't go in hero mode at times is a lie.
He took some really bad shots at times this season, especially in the games we lost. Our biggest problem comes from the decisions made from the bench. No way on God's green earth should a team playing it's 5th game in 5 days have fresh legs and better conditioning than us. That should NEVER be the case.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Sheet happens in BB. Wonder what this crowd would have said after the 82 team beat JMU 52-50 in the first round . . .

Teams get on a roll inside a tournament. State got on a great roll. We'd won 8 in a row to that moment. Last night has nearly zero to do with the future.

Unc will be in the west because the 4 and 5 on the s curve are both going to be in the west. No other reason. All the bracketologists have unc as the 1 and Iowa st a 2 besides 1 single bracketologist. The reasoning is ooc so.

Also yes pitt and uva are out after all the stolen bids by Oregon, NC State, and etc

Nobody should want teams like Kentucky or Alabama as the 4 seed in your region. They are hot or cold and aren’t great or even good defenders but like you said - both can score 100 on a B -level game. No way we can stay with that.
I will take Bama, but would rather someone else dealt with that Bi polar UK squad.

R.J. had a " Bad Love" type of game last night. I told my Son as much in the second half. The difference is, and why nobody is up in arms about that, is that it rarely happens with R.J..
Love had way too many of those games at Carolina.

When I watched UNC come out of the tunnel for game time RJ was leading the team and he had his game face on and looked ready to play. In the meantime High had a boom box on his shoulder and EC was out front dancing around like he had a date lined up for an ez win lay after the game and they got their asses handed to them by an inferior team with superior effort and grit. And the players don't deserve all the blame as hubert reverted back to hubcap status and let NCS dictate and play the game at their tempo and, like @gary-7 said, let Burns have his way without anything resembling help or a double. Hubcap let state play their game and that's on the coaching staff. Final point .. the 3 balls not falling late in the season generally signify the late season tired legs. The HD season long "short bench" syndrome rears it's head again and makes me wonder how many high value/potential UNC players will explore the transfer option in the off season due to lack of PT.

Many will try to make excuses, or blow this game off as a fluke, for this loss but there are no excuses. UNC got beat by a tired inferior team that played 5 games in 5 days and they beat us with effort on their part and piss poor effort and coaching on ours. The UNC players and coaches need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that they will not go far in the NCAAT without good preparation, good on the fly in-game coaching and nothing less than MAX EFFORT on each possession. If we play, and are coached, in the NCAAT like we were last night UNC will be lucky to make it past the round of 16. It pisses me off to see UNC lose due to lack of effort and bad coaching !!! That is NOT UNC basketball. Rant over .. GO HEELS !!

See it all the time. Teams can't turn on and off intensity and effort like a faucet. Have to come with it out of the gate.

Couple that with the lack of any doubling to get the ball away from Burns was a bad combo.

Give State credit though, they answered every run we tried the last 8 minutes or so. Timely shooting that was created by confidence we provided by not coming out with good defense from the get go. They were loose and feeling it once a few shots fell.

There were absolutely coaching choices I would second guess
But, we just had the worst offensive performance of the season basically
We hit basically 0 OPEN shots down the stretch few minutes… if RJ or Cormac hit any one of their threes in the last couple minutes the game pressure would be intense. But they didn’t… if Ingram doesn’t miss every shot the entire game… if Tremble doesn’t miss every…. Etc…

Just want to pick on one little aspect of this team and that is the high failure rate of losing the fundamental screen and roll game. In the State game, they killed us with the number of easy open, unrushed jump shots resulting from the top of the key screen and roll sets(Burns). If you continually lose this battle decisively, its just a matter of time before you will take a loss. In that game, they set successful screens, possession after possession. In contrast, we did not execute successful offensive screening. It is a demoralizing, live action event. This allowed State to dictate the slow, deliberate, pace of the game and took away our running game. At games end, the players accepted and mentioned State played a better game. It was not a fluke loss. One could view the last ditch full court press(even in short desperation) as some evidence of one successful infusion of change.

At this point in the season, the offensive game is not gonna change. We are, what we are. It will be as all the talking TV heads say, "when Carolina brings its A game on defense, they are championship level". Can we defend the screen and roll at a successful level for 6(really 5) straight wins...

You could see this from miles away even when Arizona was ahead of Carolina before the tournament games happened last week because all of the experts were saying that was going to happen…Money talks and ratings mean big bucks

You could see this from miles away even when Arizona was ahead of Carolina before the tournament games happened last week because all of the experts were saying that was going to happen…Money talks and ratings mean big bucks
And Seth Davis was giddy talking about it last night, wasn't he? That dookie would love nothing more than to see Caleb take the Heels out.

Nobody is scapegoating anybody man…You just play favorites that’s all…The reason RJ had to shoot 30 times is because both EC and Seth are scared to shoot the ball…Also what is with this made up stat you have about a blown assist LMAO…You can push the goalposts better than most…

Fact is this team is going no further than EC can carry them and he must score to do so…I have said it all year the kid is good but he has to give us something from outside…I just watch highlights of him from last year and he is hitting 3s and pull up jumpers like it was nothing…Not 1 write up this year have you been negative on EC…Yet I remember you talking down on Coby White…

Serious ? Who had more blown assist Coby White or Playeck…

Nobody is scapegoating anybody man…You just play favorites that’s all…The reason RJ had to shoot 30 times is because both EC and Seth are scared to shoot the ball…Also what is with this made up stat you have about a blown assist LMAO…You can push the goalposts better than most…

Fact is this team is going no further than EC can carry them and he must score to do so…I have said it all year the kid is good but he has to give us something from outside…I just watch highlights of him from last year and he is hitting 3s and pull up jumpers like it was nothing…Not 1 write up this year have you been negative on EC…Yet I remember you talking down on Coby White…

Serious ? Who had more blown assist Coby White or Playeck…
FYI, the NCAA keeps those as advanced stats --- called "potential assists" and "potential close asststs" --- so laugh at that, you ignorant jackass. I don't push any "goal posts", and I absolutely have pointed out EC's shooting issues, and more than once.

Somehow though, you got one thing right --- yes, to a great degree, we'll go as far as EC takes us, and we need him to convert more shots, but the simple REALITY (that I correctly reported) is that he created MORE than enough open looks for teammates Saturday to win that one, despite our questionable approach. Unfortuately he --- AND THE WHOLE DAMN TEAM --- shot like crap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT