ADVERTISEMENT

We got our ass kicked by a storm with no name

heelmanwilm

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
Wilmington NC
It felt good to get out of the rain

Holy shot bern through like 7 hurricanes and this is easily one of the worst storms ever and inoone saw it coming. It didn’t even have a name or a number or anything. There was like a 50% chance of rain and gusty winds forecast for today. Well a tropical storm spun up out of nowhere right offshore and proceeded to drop 20 in of rain in 12 hrs with 50mph wind gusts. Fuking Armageddon. Trees down, power out, massive flooding. Kids stranded at school cause parents can’t reach them. Wild.

Holy shot bern through like 7 hurricanes and this is easily one of the worst storms ever and inoone saw it coming. It didn’t even have a name or a number or anything. There was like a 50% chance of rain and gusty winds forecast for today. Well a tropical storm spun up out of nowhere right offshore and proceeded to drop 20 in of rain in 12 hrs with 50mph wind gusts. Fuking Armageddon. Trees down, power out, massive flooding. Kids stranded at school cause parents can’t reach them. Wild.
Worse than getting kicked by a horse with no name?

• Haha
Reactions: heelmanwilm

Wow! Sorry to hear this.

Just saw this on the News, you guys got clobbered

yikes! Praise the Lord you can remember your name cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain...I think.

I hope no seagulls got wet.

• Haha
Ive got a friend that lives in Whiteville and he said it was unreal how much rain was falling. I hope my camper at Lake Waccamaw is still upright!

That rain has moved my way. Nothing as crazy as Wilmington, but definitely flash flood material. I've got a couple of rivers developing in my backyard.

Last edited:

But you still had internet? Lol. Glad you're ok. Freak storms like that are the worst because no one takes the time to prepare.

But you still had internet? Lol. Glad you're ok. Freak storms like that are the worst because no one takes the time to prepare.
Nope lost internet but this newfangled gadget you young kids are always staring at called a cell phone relies on the 5k network. But yea everyone was totally caught off guard

Nope lost internet but this newfangled gadget you young kids are always staring at called a cell phone relies on the 5k network. But yea everyone was totally caught off guard
Saw some of the video on the news, looked not fun. I'd liken this to what people go through in those areas with significant tornado activity. What starts off as just a thunderstorm and goes through rather quickly a 100 times in a row suddenly spins up a bunch of tornados and there is devastation everywhere. The lack of or inability to predict and warn people becomes the really decisive factor.

Saw some of the video on the news, looked not fun. I'd liken this to what people go through in those areas with significant tornado activity. What starts off as just a thunderstorm and goes through rather quickly a 100 times in a row suddenly spins up a bunch of tornados and there is devastation everywhere. The lack of or inability to predict and warn people becomes the really decisive factor.
The scariest part was the kids stuck at school compelling their parents to go out in life threatening flooding to retrieve them. It really is fortunate no one has died yet. As of today most of carolina beach is still covered with standing water.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT