ADVERTISEMENT

What's the ugliest car ever made?

Raising Heel

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2008
A van down by the river
If you're not going to post a picture, don't bother posting at all.

For your consideration, the Pontiac Aztek:

pontiac-aztek-8.jpg

It's hard to top the Aztek.

I'm going to submit the Honda Ridgeline. Generally just a blandly styled small truck, except for the awful and inexplicable shape of the top portion of the bed. How many people at Honda looked at that and said, "Yeah, perfect, that's how we should do the bed"?

2006_Honda_Ridgeline_RTS_--_NHTSA_2.jpg

Reactions: Raising Heel
Good one Hook! Every time I see those stupid smart cars I want to plow them over with my SUV. Would never do it but I HATE those cars.

I don't necessarily think these late 1950's autos were ugly but the tail wings were certainly interesting.

81936_Side_Profile_Web.JPG

Another one from AMC, the Eagle. My uncle had one of these, although it was before I was old enough to remember it. He loved it, said it had a huge fuel tank.

1987_AMC_Eagle_wagon_burgundy-woodgrain_NJ.jpg

And now for your viewing displeasure, I present a car that's so ugly it's almost cool....

the VW Thing

1974_volkswagen_thing-pic-7140344829551562100.jpeg
My dad had a VW Thing when I was a little tyke. It was freaking awesome because you can remove the top, take off the doors, and fold the windshield down flat on the hood. My older brother and I used to use the roll bar as a jungle gym (when the car was stopped, of course).

But yeah, pretty ugly.

Another one from AMC, the Eagle. My uncle had one of these, although it was before I was old enough to remember it. He loved it, said it had a huge fuel tank.

1987_AMC_Eagle_wagon_burgundy-woodgrain_NJ.jpg

OK, gotta confess. This was my first car -- a hand me down. It was actually ok and I'd argue one of the better looking AMC's (I know, I know.) But it had 4WD and I could throw all my friends golf clubs in the back. I think the tank was 23 gallons. I have no idea what gas mileage was but gas was pretty cheap in 1986... Mine did not have the fake wood grain and was kind of a yellow/beige.

I remember the TV commercials boasted that it could out accelerate a Chevrolet Camaro...in dry sand. :D

Reactions: JuleZ '02 HEEL
My buddy had a Pinto, same turd brown color. It was a total POS, but we had some damn fun times in that car.
Same here. My friend's was orange and he spray-painted black stripes on it. It was "The Great Pumpkin." Fun times, indeed.

For the record, I like El Camino's, too!

It's hard to top the Aztek.

I'm going to submit the Honda Ridgeline. Generally just a blandly styled small truck, except for the awful and inexplicable shape of the top portion of the bed. How many people at Honda looked at that and said, "Yeah, perfect, that's how we should do the bed"?

2006_Honda_Ridgeline_RTS_--_NHTSA_2.jpg
These "vehicles" look like an El Camino humped a Titan and out came a turd... Ridiculously and hideously ugly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT