ADVERTISEMENT

Why Carolina is Special

MrBlutarski

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2010
It has been a difficult couple months for my family. In early August my wife was diagnosed with a brain tumor and had surgery to remove it. It was determined to be a high grade glioma. We are being treated by the Brain Tumor Center at Duke and currently doing radiation and chemo at home in Richmond. The long term prognosis isn’t great but we are taking things one step at a time.

The same day my wife had surgery my 8 year old son and I were supposed to be guests at practice. Our Ram’s contacts, Brian Chacos and Lewis Mickey, who invited us sent flowers to the hospital and have checked on us consistently. It has meant a lot. Yesterday was the cherry on top. We received a package with a helmet personally signed by Coach Brown to my son and a ball signed by Coach Brown and about a dozen players, including his hero Drake Maye.

This made a little boy who has had a rough go of it very happy. I can’t say how much it meant to me that Brian Chacos would take the time to make this happen and that Coach Brown and the players would take a few minutes during a busy week to do something like this.

This kindness and personal touch is an example of what makes Carolina special and we will be forever grateful.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News