ADVERTISEMENT

Year 6 of Mack 2.0

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
I most certainly was anything but a fan of the hire. That doubled as soon as he announced his staff, which I asserted would never work out and was strong proof that he had learned absolutely nothing about why he had been fired by Texas. Most of those posters who loved the hire, or at least liked it, felt that Mack would revive recruiting and coach for 4 or 5 or, maybe if things were going well, for 6 seasons and then retire gracefully. I warned that Mack's ego was massive and that he likely would never do that, that instead he probably would demand to coach until he dropped dead, which would mean either UNC football would get trashed very badly or else Mack would get fired.

This is an easy schedule. And though Mack clearly is losing some of his recruiting touch, the team has enough talent to finish at least 8-4 . And if the team were really well coached it could finish 10-2 or 11-1 if it stayed healthy.

In the previous 5 seasons, Mack has yet to win 10 games. His bowl record is a piss poor 1-4, with the only win coming against nobody Temple in the double minor Military Bowl. His 4 consecutive bowl losses are a perfect counterpart to Dick Crum having won 4 consecutive bowls against Name Brand football programs. Mack has yet to beat a ranked OOC foe.

Mediocre Mack.

Reactions: chickenhunter
I most certainly was anything but a fan of the hire. That doubled as soon as he announced his staff, which I asserted would never work out and was strong proof that he had learned absolutely nothing about why he had been fired by Texas. Most of those posters who loved the hire, or at least liked it, felt that Mack would revive recruiting and coach for 4 or 5 or, maybe if things were going well, for 6 seasons and then retire gracefully. I warned that Mack's ego was massive and that he likely would never do that, that instead he probably would demand to coach until he dropped dead, which would mean either UNC football would get trashed very badly or else Mack would get fired.

This is an easy schedule. And though Mack clearly is losing some of his recruiting touch, the team has enough talent to finish at least 8-4 . And if the team were really well coached it could finish 10-2 or 11-1 if it stayed healthy.

In the previous 5 seasons, Mack has yet to win 10 games. His bowl record is a piss poor 1-4, with the only win coming against nobody Temple in the double minor Military Bowl. His 4 consecutive bowl losses are a perfect counterpart to Dick Crum having won 4 consecutive bowls against Name Brand football programs. Mack has yet to beat a ranked OOC foe.

Mediocre Mack.

Facts.

an 8 win schedule with who knows what trench players, minus rucker.

if they protect johnson, he’s okay with his weapons…he’s not scared of what he’ll see this year, for sure…just run the ball and hunt that qb.

taylor out is big…leading receiver may also be gimpy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT