ADVERTISEMENT

“Out of touch” Roy

Gotta love this tweet from Bacot to Anthony, JRE, Green, and Mann.

@The_ColeAnthony @_JCRE_@josh_green6 @tre2mann3 I’m on y’all like white on rice until I get y’all in that Carolina Blue ??

— Armando Bacot Jr. (@iget_buckets35) August 17, 2018

Love that everytime I see it, do your thing Armando!

This is another one of my favorites too:
“My main goal is to just to get one of my good friends, Cole Anthony, on board,” he said. “That’s where I’m going to work the hardest to try and get him to UNC. Of course his recruitment is hard to tell, but I’m definitely going to be recruit him the hardest because he’s one of my best friends.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Heels5150
Bacot will be a big recruiting asset for us. I’m lovin’ it!
He's going to be in the ear of Green and JRE literally everyday at IMG.
I think it's very likely we get 1 of them and an outside chance we get both.

Armando most definitely will be a huge recruiting asset and just like Jeremiah Francis was a positive force in Bacot’s ear about UNC throughout his recruitment due to their friendship, he is going to use his very unique situation of being around Green and Robinson-Earl to do that same and work very hard on them to see why UNC is a great fit.

I said it before he committed because I really do believe it that the relationships he has with our other recruits and the way they seem to gravitate to him and have interest in playing with him is another driving force/push that can only benefit our chances. Every little thing helps in recruiting and as we know relationships do matter.

I also wouldn’t mind having Bacot join Robinson-Earl and Green for an official visit (as Bacot hasn’t taken his yet either) to help show them around the campus and introduce them to the guys who he already has some relationships with and is comfortable around due to the multiple visits he’s taken and now that he is a member of the Family. With the hope that in the end for them all to just enjoy a day together at Carolina and to see how great of an experience they can have joining Armando here and playing their college years with one another.

Last edited:
Reactions: Archer2
Any big man would LOVE to play with a great PG that is looking to pass the ball and great PGs LOVE to play with big men they feel can finish their assists.

Reactions: Archer2
Yeah, he lost some recruiting battles a few years ago and some posters said he was out of touch with the modern young players.

He won a natty, took the team to the FF and the criticism quietened (but didn’t stop)...

So today Roy lands a monster and is still in the hunt for more.... all on the eve of Nas’ and Coby’s first game as Heels.

Maybe he was never out of touch... maybe there was more to the recruiting slump than what we all saw, maybe Roy just needed the right kids to hear what he had to say, without so much ‘noise’ drowning out his voice.

Maybe we should all hope he’ll keep doing what he does, his way for a lot longer

Maybe it was our fans and some alums too?

I really feel as though that we will get Anthony and Green. Also, I think we get one of the two PF’s between Hurt and JRE and the most likely will be JRE. Of course I was on record stating that we would end up with Francis, Bacot, Mann, Anthony, Green and JRE. Once again it just seemed odd that Mann wanted that Tar Heel offer and as soon as he got it he decided to stay with Florida without taking his visit to Chapel Hill. Just strange. At any rate, I still believe we get Francis, Bacot, Anthony, Green and JRE. I just feel very confident with Anthony and this was before Bacot committed and I found out he was one of Anthony’s Best Friends. Any thoughts to my prediction? I would be very curious to know what ya’ll think. I Hope my Tar Heel Family ( everyone who is a Heels fan) has had a wonderful summer!!!!!!! ( I always put 7 exclamation points for seven National Championships )

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT