ADVERTISEMENT

1 in 5 dollars of U.S. budget spent on Military ?

So yes the DoD wastes money, and yes the DoD spending is about right. Okay gotcha... lol

You want to try to convince us that ISIS with its 30k troops (generous estimation) is a legitimate threat to the US. Nonsense. Control over the region is economically beneficial to the US and that's why we're there.

Israel could handle ISIS without our help. So could Turkey. Maybe if we stopped building bases everywhere and fighting everyone's battles for them, even when they wont fight themselves, we wouldn't have to spend the outrageous amount of money we currently do. But then again fighting jihad isn't the reason we're actually there.

More importantly, its kinda funny where many of those weapons you love so much end up. Weapons paid for by American tax payers that are now being used by ISIS. Then the same companies who produced said weapons tell the American public we need to spend more to defend ourselves against said jihad.
Every organization wastes money! Whether you bitch about it or not depends on whether or not you like the organization and the degree to which the organization wastes money!!! What world do you live in? Real or fantasy?

I would argue that entitlements waste way more money than defense. Hands down.

cp-federal-spending-by-the-numbers-2014-01-2-federal-budget_509.ashx

50c9a94142b54364851e214b4e93f77b.ashx

Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me how Americans convince themselves that having a military presence all over the world is not seen as an imposition or threatening to the rest of the world where the bases exist.
In their annual End of Year poll, researchers for WIN and Gallup International surveyed more than 66,000 people across 65 nations and found that 24 percent of all respondents answered that the United States “is the greatest threat to peace in the world today.” Pakistan and China fell significantly behind the United States on the poll, with 8 and 6 percent, respectively. Afghanistan, Iran, Israel and North Korea all tied for fourth place with 4 percent.

http://www.ibtimes.com/gallup-poll-biggest-threat-world-peace-america-1525008

maxresdefault.jpg

What makes you think I dont have a problem with entitlement spending? I would absolutely be for tightening the loopholes that allow people to abuse the system. But this is a thread about military spending. So I tried to keep it on topic. Wasting money on entitlements in no way justifies wasting money elsewhere.

In their annual End of Year poll, researchers for WIN and Gallup International surveyed more than 66,000 people across 65 nations and found that 24 percent of all respondents answered that the United States “is the greatest threat to peace in the world today.” Pakistan and China fell significantly behind the United States on the poll, with 8 and 6 percent, respectively. Afghanistan, Iran, Israel and North Korea all tied for fourth place with 4 percent.

http://www.ibtimes.com/gallup-poll-biggest-threat-world-peace-america-1525008

maxresdefault.jpg
Veeeeery interesting... These results after over six years of Obama/Clinton foreign policy... Hmmmmmmmmm... All that apologizing for America's past, bow-and-scraping to practically every leader on the planet, all of Obama's claims that the US is more respected around the world because of the Obama/Clinton foreign policy, precipitous withdrawal from Iraq, the telegraphed withdrawal from A-stan, the release of all those Taliban and AQ commanders and fighters, blah blah blah... Veeeeeeeeery interesting...

As a taxpayer, my personal opinion is that the #1 priority of the US Government should be to protect us, our economic system and activities, and our allies that we have security agreements with. For all I care we could spend 2 or 3 of every 5 dollars on this goal. We can all debate what that looks like, but I think all of us would agree that without a secure economic system, nothing else matters because if our economic system collapses because of security threats, we will not have $ for anything else. The secure economic systems is what allows us to create more wealth (to tax) and fund other things we want (or don't want)

Veeeeery interesting... These results after over six years of Obama/Clinton foreign policy... Hmmmmmmmmm... All that apologizing for America's past, bow-and-scraping to practically every leader on the planet, all of Obama's claims that the US is more respected around the world because of the Obama/Clinton foreign policy, precipitous withdrawal from Iraq, the telegraphed withdrawal from A-stan, the release of all those Taliban and AQ commanders and fighters, blah blah blah... Veeeeeeeeery interesting...

You are utterly hopeless. Lockheed Martin thanks you.

Reactions: uncboy10

Lol.

:p Mr. PrisonPlanet telling someone else they're hopelesso_O

I never posted anything from PrisonPlanet, not once. I don't even frequent the site, nor do I subscribe to Jones' snake oil. I just gave proof of our bloated military empire all over the world. Nomorebases.org is not even a real website now. It was a link to a graphic online that displayed how spread-out and empirical we are. Or, as you prefer "Super Power-y."

Your hopelessness lies in your hardcore partisanship and misguided ideas of "American Exceptionalism." You're incapable of objective views because you're about as indoctrinated as a person can get. To somehow conclude from RH's information above, that our country's perceived global role by other country's citizens is negative and the blame is all because of DEMOCRATS is proof positive of how crystallized you are. It is staggering to the imagination how you partisan disciples allow yourselves to just be robbed of objective, critical thought.

I never posted anything from PrisonPlanet, not once. I don't even frequent the site, nor do I subscribe to Jones' snake oil. I just gave proof of our bloated military empire all over the world. Nomorebases.org is not even a real website now. It was a link to a graphic online that displayed how spread-out and empirical we are. Or, as you prefer "Super Power-y."

Your hopelessness lies in your hardcore partisanship and misguided ideas of "American Exceptionalism." You're incapable of objective views because you're about as indoctrinated as a person can get. To somehow conclude from RH's information above, that our country's perceived global role by other country's citizens is negative and the blame is all because of DEMOCRATS is proof positive of how crystallized you are. It is staggering to the imagination how you partisan disciples allow yourselves to just be robbed of objective, critical thought.
I thought Obama was supposed to fix all this as he claimed he would when he descended from Mt. Olympus and trod the Greek columns of Chicago as Oprah sobbed uncontrollably!!!
I am completely and unapologetically pro-American to the core, always have been and always will be. If that is hopeless in your view, that is your problem, not mine. Now, that is not saying we can improve and should continuously strive to do so, but I am not a "blame America first under any and all circumstances" goon like you. If you want to characterize anything as hopeless, you should point the finger at yourself first and foremost.

I thought Obama was supposed to fix all this as he claimed he would when he descended from Mt. Olympus and trod the Greek columns of Chicago as Oprah sobbed uncontrollably!!!
I am completely and unapologetically pro-American to the core, always have been and always will be. If that is hopeless in your view, that is your problem, not mine. Now, that is not saying we can improve and should continuously strive to do so, but I am not a "blame America first under any and all circumstances" goon like you. If you want to characterize anything as hopeless, you should point the finger at yourself first and foremost.

You folks' obsession with Barack Obama is pretty funny. He is ONE MAN! He's a puppet, like every other executive. He tows a line.

And, what you call "Pro-American" is actually "My ego is 20 miles wide and whatever my superiors tell me, I do it." It's extremely hopeless when humans lack empathy and seer their conscience because of some tribal instinct. "My country is better than yours" is such bullshit. I would have thought that a person who proclaims to love Jesus so much would have realized that by now. We are ALL God's creation. These flags and borders and tribal allegiances are man's creation.

Reactions: Billheel
You folks' obsession with Barack Obama is pretty funny. He is ONE MAN! He's a puppet, like every other executive. He tows a line.

And, what you call "Pro-American" is actually "My ego is 20 miles wide and whatever my superiors tell me, I do it." It's extremely hopeless when humans lack empathy and seer their conscience because of some tribal instinct. "My country is better than yours" is such bullshit. I would have thought that a person who proclaims to love Jesus so much would have realized that by now. We are ALL God's creation. These flags and borders and tribal allegiances are man's creation.
"These flags and borders and tribal allegiances are man's creation." Where did you get such a notion?

"These flags and borders and tribal allegiances are man's creation." Where did you get such a notion?

"...For the Bible tells me so."

Oh, and not being subjugated and following orders from "human superiors" helps immensely. You're beyond help. That's what hopeless is. You're stuck, crystallized, whatever. You cannot be moved from your present awareness and understanding. You refuse to be and you like it that way. You follow orders.

Using the comment "warheads on foreheads" alone reveals exactly what your level of empathy is comprised. It's okay to kill the people that have been deemed your "enemy" by your "superiors." You hardly resemble anyone who is led by Christ. Hating homosexuality doesn't make you a disciple of Christ. And, "warheads on foreheads" doesn't sound like something Jesus would be spouting either.

Oh, and not being subjugated and following orders from "human superiors" helps immensely. You're beyond help. That's what hopeless is. You're stuck, crystallized, whatever. You cannot be moved from your present awareness and understanding. You refuse to be and you like it that way. You follow orders.

Using the comment "warheads on foreheads" alone reveals exactly what your level of empathy is comprised. It's okay to kill the people that have been deemed your "enemy" by your "superiors." You hardly resemble anyone who is led by Christ. Hating homosexuality doesn't make you a disciple of Christ. And, "warheads on foreheads" doesn't sound like something Jesus would be spouting either.
If you actually read the Bible you'd know better... See Genesis 9:18-28, Chapters 10 and 11 in their entirety. Even more information available if you care to look...

If you actually read the Bible you'd know better... See Genesis 9:18-28, Chapters 10 and 11 in their entirety. Even more information available if you care to look...

You're actually missing my intent of using The Bible as a reference.

"You follow orders." Yep, "Because the Bible Tells Me So..." I take that as a compliment, although I know you meant it as an insult:
Romans 13
Submission to Governing Authorities

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established.The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

"You follow orders." Yep, "Because the Bible Tells Me So..." I take that as a compliment, although I know you meant it as an insult:
Romans 13
Submission to Governing Authorities

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established.The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

If you subscribe to Paul's summation... then please stop whining about Barack Obama and "liberals." You're "rebelling against what God has instituted" when you do that. Clearly Obama is the one in authority and of God's choosing. Right?

Last edited:
If you subscribe to Paul's summation... then please stop whining about Barack Obama and "liberals." You're "rebelling against what God has instituted" when you do that. Clearly Obama is the one in authority ad of God's choosing. Right?

"If you subscribe to Paul's summation..." - Of course I subscribe to Paul's summation. Otherwise, why would I quote it. Besides, you wouldn't have had a clue it existed if I hadn't quoted it.

"You're "rebelling against what God has instituted" when you do that." - Horse-hockey. Obama is duly elected and has authority in accordance with our laws and Constitution. Also, I obey the laws of this nation and the Constitution of the USA. But, I have every right to criticize Obama when I'm exercising my rights as a citizen to freedom of speech and to participate in the political process. Surely, you don't believe Christians should be prohibited from exercising their Constitutional rights.... Or, do you?

"If you subscribe to Paul's summation..." - Of course I subscribe to Paul's summation. Otherwise, why would I quote it. Besides, you wouldn't have had a clue it existed if I hadn't quoted it.

"You're "rebelling against what God has instituted" when you do that." - Horse-hockey. Obama is duly elected and has authority in accordance with our laws and Constitution. Also, I obey the laws of this nation and the Constitution of the USA. But, I have every right to criticize Obama when I'm exercising my rights as a citizen to freedom of speech and to participate in the political process. Surely, you don't believe Christians should be prohibited from exercising their Constitutional rights.... Or, do you?

Dude, I know Scripture a helluva lot more than you think. I knew you were going to quickly justify and spin Scripture to fit your personal agenda. That's what people do. That's what they've been doing for centuries.

Personally, I don't care what "Christians" do or don't do. I'm not sure what qualifies a person as being a Christian. I'm sure Jesus was absolutely opposed to Warheads On Foreheads, though.

Dude, I know Scripture a helluva lot more than you think. I knew you were going to quickly justify and spin Scripture to fit your personal agenda. That's what people do. That's what they've been doing for centuries.

Personally, I don't care what "Christians" do or don't do. I'm not sure what qualifies a person as being a Christian. I'm sure Jesus was absolutely opposed to Warheads On Foreheads, though.
Dude, you've said repeatedly on this board that you don't care what Scripture says, and you don't bother to read it... On so many topics on this board I'd need a scientific calculator to tabulate. The fact that you don't even know what qualifies a person as being a Christian is a perfect example, one you have stated time and again on this board.

You injected God and Scripture into this discussion with your glib reference to "the Bible told me so" and you continue to demonstrate your complete and utter ignorance on the topic. Your intent to insult me and mock Scripture with that and the "You follow orders" comment have been heaped like burning coals right back on your head. Deal with it.

Dude, you've said repeatedly on this board that you don't care what Scripture says, and you don't bother to read it... .

NEVER, have I said that. Never. I have chastised religions and self-righteous people... never Scripture, or God. I just don't subscribe to a religion.

The reason I stated that there's no definition of a Christian is because I've never met one who claimed to be that actually exhibited it. They talked a lot of talk and walked very little walk.

Warheads on Foreheads...

Reactions: uncboy10
NEVER, have I said that. Never. I have chastised religions and self-righteous people... never Scripture, or God. I just don't subscribe to a religion.

The reason I stated that there's no definition of a Christian is because I've never met one who claimed to be that actually exhibited it. They talked a lot of talk and walked very little walk.

Warheads on Foreheads...

Careful what you wish for... You don't want messianic religious fanatics 'walking the walk.'

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Some "God." It boggles my brain that its 2015 and human beings still believe in such nonsense.

Warheads on Foreheads...
Total LIE! I've been on many threads in the past where you have done the exact same thing you've done on this thread. You're just lying out your butt.

Careful what you wish for... You don't want messianic religious fanatics 'walking the walk.'

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Some "God." It boggles my brain that its 2015 and human beings still believe in such nonsense.
The quickest and easiest way to win a war is to fight to win a war. You don't piddle around like we have since WWII. In Deuteronomy 13:13-19 God is providing a prescription of how to win a war. Sound advice, in my opinion. Maybe Obama should head that advice against ISIS.

Total LIE! I've been on many threads in the past where you have done the exact same thing you've done on this thread. You're just lying out your butt.

No lie at all. You comprehend and retain what you want. I have done the same in this thread as others, yes. But, I'm not bashing God! I'm not bashing Christ! Not in the least bit! I'm actually trying to endorse and act on Christ's teachings. What I criticize is the humans that humanize God. They pick and choose Scripture, religious dogmas, and even totally made-up religious doctrine to suit their own personal instincts and preferences.

I think you'd make a better Jew than Christian. I don't think I've ever once seen you reflect any opinion or attitude that Christ promoted.

No lie at all. You comprehend and retain what you want. I have done the same in this thread as others, yes. But, I'm not bashing God! I'm not bashing Christ! Not in the least bit! I'm actually trying to endorse and act on Christ's teachings. What I criticize is the humans that humanize God. They pick and choose Scripture, religious dogmas, and even totally made-up religious doctrine to suit their own personal instincts and preferences.

I think you'd make a better Jew than Christian. I don't think I've ever once seen you reflect any opinion or attitude that Christ promoted.
Really?!?!?!?! I think during one of our discussions a while back concerning a certain aberrant lifestyle choice by some people who then turn around and call themselves Christian, that I pointed to this concept repeatedly:
Matthew 3:8
Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
Matthew 3:11
“I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
Mark 1:4
And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
Luke 3:3
He went into all the country around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
Luke 3:8
Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.
Luke 5:32
I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”
Luke 24:47
and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Acts 5:31
God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins.
Acts 11:18
When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, “So then, even to Gentiles God has granted repentance that leads to life.”
Acts 13:24
Before the coming of Jesus, John preached repentance and baptism to all the people of Israel.
Acts 19:4
Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.”
Acts 20:21
I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.
Acts 26:20
First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.
Romans 2:4
Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?

Yay... you can cut and paste Bible passages. Good for you. Your words and actions, in present-day contexts, here speak differently. I'll make sure and point them out each time I notice from now on. I guess the Bible just needs one page and one word for you "Repentance."

Warheads on Foreheads is your sin. It's like homosexuals. They always have that sin. You always have the sin of allowing and participating in the killing of innocent people on your hands. Good thing there is a Forgiving God.

war
Yay... you can cut and paste Bible passages. Good for you. Your words and actions, in present-day contexts, here speak differently. I'll make sure and point them out each time I notice from now on. I guess the Bible just needs one page and one word for you "Repentance."

I do that because, like a naughty puppy that continuously takes a dump on the dining room floor, you evidently must like to have your nose rubbed in it.

Warheads on Foreheads is your sin. It's like homosexuals. They always have that sin. You always have the sin of allowing and participating in the killing of innocent people on your hands. Good thing there is a Forgiving God.
Warheads on foreheads was and is my job in the US government. As I pointed out to you from Romans 13, doing my job as a government servant is not a sin - in fact, it is ordained by God and man for your benefit. If you don't like that, it's your problem, not mine. My conscience is clear before a Holy and Just God.

Last edited:
war

Warheads on foreheads was and is my job in the US government. As I pointed out to you from Romans 13, doing my job as a government servant is not a sin - in fact, it is ordained by God and man for your benefit. If you don't like that, it's your problem, not mine. My conscience is clear before a Holy and Just God.

Well, at least maybe you can understand how some people see that as a savage justification. You're no different from ISIS or Al Qaeda or any other militant group that uses God to justify their desire to kill other people that they have been duped into thinking is their mortal enemy. People pick and choose the parts of Scripture that they feel best supports their own personal instincts and choices and their conscience is clear.

So is every other sinner's conscience. You imply superiority and you lack humility. I am glad to see you not trying to justify your "job" with the Message of Christ. You couldn't even if you tried. Jesus Christ (the Savior and supposedly catalyst of Christianity) was and is the antithesis of Warheads on Foreheads. Maybe you can't deny that compulsion in yourself. Try thinking of "your job" as sort of your homosexuality. You can't help it and it wasn't a choice.

Well, at least maybe you can understand how some people see that as a savage justification. You're no different from ISIS or Al Qaeda or any other militant group that uses God to justify their desire to kill other people that they have been duped into thinking is their mortal enemy. People pick and choose the parts of Scripture that they feel best supports their own personal instincts and choices and their conscience is clear.

So is every other sinner's conscience. You imply superiority and you lack humility. I am glad to see you not trying to justify your "job" with the Message of Christ. You couldn't even if you tried. Jesus Christ (the Savior and supposedly catalyst of Christianity) was and is the antithesis of Warheads on Foreheads. Maybe you can't deny that compulsion in yourself. Try thinking of "your job" as sort of your homosexuality. You can't help it and it wasn't a choice.
As you do continuously and hilariously, you fail to understand that their isn't just one part of Scripture that points to the role that Government plays in the affairs of man as instituted by God, recognized by Jesus himself, and discussed in various letters to the early church by esteemed men like Paul, Peter, James, etc. I'm not picking just one part of Scripture, the entire text speaks to the reality you refuse to accept. Again, that's your problem, not mine.
For the role that Jesus will play regarding "Warheads on Foreheads" read the prophets, read Matthew 24, reads Revelation. Just a taste of how Jesus views his role as Commander in Chief of the saints... Again, demonstrating your complete failure to understand Scripture, or to even bother to read it...
As for "doing my job" as a government servant, it was and is a choice.

As you do continuously and hilariously, you fail to understand that their isn't just one part of Scripture that points to the role that Government plays in the affairs of man as instituted by God, recognized by Jesus himself, and discussed in various letters to the early church by esteemed men like Paul, Peter, James, etc. I'm not picking just one part of Scripture, the entire text speaks to the reality you refuse to accept. Again, that's your problem, not mine.
For the role that Jesus will play regarding "Warheads on Foreheads" read the prophets, read Matthew 24, reads Revelation. Just a taste of how Jesus views his role as Commander in Chief of the saints... Again, demonstrating your complete failure to understand Scripture, or to even bother to read it...
As for "doing my job" as a government servant, it was and is a choice.

I can handle my "problem", as you see it, just fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT