ADVERTISEMENT

2014 line-up and rotation?

wickliffe

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2001
Does anybody have a good sense of what this will be and how our freshmen will fit in?

I was sitting here wondering the same. seeing as this one may be over. jmo but it seems like once we started playing the stronger part of our schedule this year we struggled. our bats weren't alive and our pitching wasn't as sharp.

Thornton and Moss will be two of the weekend starters,with most likely Munnley . Unless there is a great Freshman pitcher is coming in. Just my thought.

Originally posted by bobby121567:
Thornton and Moss will be two of the weekend starters,with most likely Munnley . Unless there is a great Freshman pitcher is coming in. Just my thought.
Thought Munnelly was a senior? Agreed that Thornton and Moss will be a nice 1-2 punch on the weekends.

At some point I'd really like Cherry to get into shape because I really think he has great stuff.

Almost impossible to say other than the rising sophomores and juniors b/c they were not eligible for the draft. It's a crapshoot even with the incoming freshman that got drafted. You can guess but I like to wait until everyone makes their decisions to come to school or sign professionally. One thing is for sure - we will have talent simply with the kids we know will be back.

Just out of curiosity does anyone know what the date is for freshman and juniors who were drafted to make up their minds as to what they will do next year? TIA

Deadline to sign is July 12, 5 pm et.

Read a tweet from Peter Gammons over the weekend that said Moran my come down to the deadline. Marlins being cheap? He not want to play there? Would be an amazing turn for this lineup.

MLB Dates

UNC will most likely lose Kent Emanuel, Chaz Frank, Brian Holberton, Hobbs Johnson, Colin Moran, and Cody Stubbs from this year's team.

That's two starting pitchers, the corner infielders, and a great utility guy (catcher/outfield). Also the 1, 3, 5, and 6 hitters in the lineup.

Ouch.
blackeye.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Raising Heel:
UNC will most likely lose Kent Emanuel, Chaz Frank, Brian Holberton, Hobbs Johnson, Colin Moran, and Cody Stubbs from this year's team.

That's two starting pitchers, the corner infielders, and a great utility guy (catcher/outfield). Also the 1, 3, 5, and 6 hitters in the lineup.

Ouch.
blackeye.r191677.gif
Is there a decision deadline?

Looks like all 4 juniors (Moran, Emmanuel, Holberton, and Johnson) have decided to accept the pro contracts. That plus the loss of Stubbs, Frank and Munnelly will be tough to replace but with what we have coming back plus incoming freshman UNC still will be strong.

Thornton and Moss should be 2/3rds of the weekend rotation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT