ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread (w/ occasional Red Sox talk for Hark)

how long before ron washington takes over?

seriously, i can't stand this hanging on to old days/ways...i realize snitker is liked, but why wouldn't they clean house?...was it based on the finish down the stretch last year?

phillips with the first hit of the year for the braves.
Being liked by the players is 75% of what managing is.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Being liked by the players is 75% of what managing is.
There's a co-host on 680 in Atlanta who does a 3-7 show, which leads in to Braves coverage. I don't always agree with his takes but one thing he always says that I want to disagree with but can't is... the difference between a terrible manager and a HOF manager is maybe 3-4 games in the win column per season.

Like you said cool, managing is more about managing egos and fostering a positive environment than it is about Xs and Os.

Reactions: coolwaterunc
He looked completely lost
It happens. I will say, though, that my support for him this season won't be unconditional like it was last season. Honeymoon era will end soon. He needs to play well (which he did last year).

Also, Thor is definitely a stud, but it helps when he's getting a noticeably different zone than Teheran is. Helped him big time in that half inning.

Honestly, I would rather the Braves just roll the dice with Rio Ruiz. Everyone already knows Adonis is a below average MLB player, so what do you have to lose? Worst case scenario is Ruiz sucks like Adonis.

Honestly, I would rather the Braves just roll the dice with Rio Ruiz. Everyone already knows Adonis is a below average MLB player, so what do you have to lose? Worst case scenario is Ruiz sucks like Adonis.
I agree, but it won't happen because of baseball's obsession with not rushing young guys. No other sport does that.

Soccer? Football? Basketball? They toss the youngsters into the fire and see how they fare.

Reactions: coolwaterunc
Tanaka w a tough outing yesterday. See if the CC of old can make a return tomorrow night. I'm really liking the youngster core of Sanchez, Bird and Judge. When Gleyber gets called up the baseball world gonna get shook!!

Reactions: carolinablue34
Tanaka w a tough outing yesterday. See if the CC of old can make a return tomorrow night. I'm really liking the youngster core of Sanchez, Bird and Judge. When Gleyber gets called up the baseball world gonna get shook!!
Why in the world is any self-respecting Southerner a Yankees fan?

(although I do legit like the Yankees compared to the Red Sox. Suchhhh an annoying team and fanbase)

Also: Matt Kemp ruining another rally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT