ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Atlanta Braves thread

This team cannotttttt hit with RISP. Seems like Camargo comes up every single time it's a clutch situation.

We need Acuña back so badly. Our lineup cannot continue to survive the inclusion of Camargo, Culberson, Swanson, AND the pitcher every single day. Our 1-4 is carrying us so hard.

And Freddie is still slumping, by his standards. A lot is going wrong right now for this team, all of which leads to doing no better than 3-3 in a 6-game homestand against possibly MLB's two worst teams.

This team cannotttttt hit with RISP. Seems like Camargo comes up every single time it's a clutch situation.

We need Acuña back so badly. Our lineup cannot continue to survive the inclusion of Camargo, Culberson, Swanson, AND the pitcher every single day. Our 1-4 is carrying us so hard.

And Freddie is still slumping, by his standards. A lot is going wrong right now for this team, all of which leads to doing no better than 3-3 in a 6-game homestand against possibly MLB's two worst teams.

We’re kicking ass in Philly right now. No need to thank us :D

BTW... what is happening in this game? I'm at work. Camargo struck out with the bases loaded like.... 10 minutes ago, and the ESPN gametracker is still stuck there.

Sam Free Runs. Hopefully he only concedes 1.
I like Sam Freeman, and it's kinda cool to have an (American) black player on the roster, since he's the only one and it's just rare in general in baseball.

But if we are being honest, he's DFA material if he's on any of the "big boys" like Boston or NYY or Houston.

I like Sam Freeman, and it's kinda cool to have an (American) black player on the roster, since he's the only one and it's just rare in general in baseball.

But if we are being honest, he's DFA material if he's on any of the "big boys" like Boston or NYY or Houston.

To be fair, NYY has bonafide major leaguers playing in triple A right now.

This bullpen is a full-on disaster. Anthopoulos needs to get off his ass and make some moves. Now. How many games is he going to let us give away before he makes moves?

The manager not knowing how to manage a bullpen doesn't help; nor does it help that none of our starters, including our best in Folty and Newcomb, can go more than 5 innings at a time.

We need at least two more bullpen arms, preferably to replace Moylan and Freeman. I'll be thrilled if we can get a closer on top of that, but if we end up just replacing those two and keeping Viz as closer (assuming he's not out long), I'll actually be okay with that. I've made my opinion on Viz well known on here, but as the bullpen is currently constructed, it doesn't even matter who the closer is.

We need at least two more bullpen arms, preferably to replace Moylan and Freeman. I'll be thrilled if we can get a closer on top of that, but if we end up just replacing those two and keeping Viz as closer (assuming he's not out long), I'll actually be okay with that. I've made my opinion on Viz well known on here, but as the bullpen is currently constructed, it doesn't even matter who the closer is.
Yeah we need at least 2 arms, not to mention we still need a damn third baseman.

Seems like it will cost too much capital to do that. It sucks but I think the Braves are gonna sit back and do nothing... until it's too late.

Check our July schedule. It is brutal. The Ls are gonna come thick and fast and our divisional lead might disappear pretty quickly, and then AA might be in scramble mode.

Braves heating up again. 4-0 so far on current road trip. Newcomb on the bump today against the Stankee's, hope he brings his A game! Let's Go Braves!!!!

Instant replay in MLB is a f&$@$@& joke!!! Culberson was just clearly safe at 2nd! That’s about the 5-6 time I’ve seen them blow replay against the Braves this year. Shit is a joke!!!!!

I really like the moves Anthopoulos made at the deadline. He worked to fix the bullpen, brought in a quality bat and a starter with potential without giving up the top players in our farm system. I know they discussed deals for Archer, but I don't think he's worth elite level prospects.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT