ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Atlanta Braves thread

After praising the rotation earlier, it's starting to go downhill. Soroka's shoulder isssues are a major concern, and it sounds like he'll be shut down for a while; or at least he should be. Teheran is about as inconsistent as it gets, and Soroka's injury means McCarthy is most likely going to stay in the rotation, which sucks. Folty had a little injury scare as well, and I'm hoping he's past it. I guess we'll see tonight. I'm a little concerned right now.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
The Folty Special on display tonight: Go up 0-2 on a hitter.... then nibble and throw three straight balls, resulting in the 6th pitch of the at-bat being a walk, strikeout, or hit. He just did it to Votto and it isn't the first time he's done it tonight.

It's why his pitch count balloons every start and why he can't make it through 6 innings.

Our hitting with runners in scoring position is such aids. Off a rookie pitcher. Markakis grounds into DP with bases loaded and no out.

Gonna cost us the win tonight. Book it. Especially since Sims is primed to come in after Folty.

Another master stroke of managerial brilliance from Snitker. Guys on 1st and 2nd with no out... in a game where it's clear more than 1 run is needed, and you have Dansby bunt the runners over to bring up...................... Flaherty to the plate.

Shocking to no one, he grounds out to the pitcher who prevents the runner from coming home.

Reactions: coolwaterunc
Snitker is at PEAK Snitker levels tonight. He's a retard of the highest order. What's sad is he's been in baseball HIS ENTIRE LIFE and still makes retarded decisions. It is downright scary.

Reactions: coolwaterunc
BTW, Folty is the indirect cause of all this since he cannot get through 6 or 7 damn innings due to his awful pitch count. I know he's giving up no runs, but he is an accessory to Snitker's retardation since he forces Snitker to manage a bullpen, which he's incapable of doing.

We need bullpen help tomorrow. Are we trying to compete or are we content to wait until next year?

We have won as many games as we have in spite of our manager and our bullpen. We could've gained a game on the Phillies and the Nats tonight, but nope.... we are losing to the fukkin Reds and Orioles.

Even if we come back and win tonight, it doesn't change that the bullpen sucks and the manager is ineffective.

Our bullpen is trashhhhh.

For me, the AA honeymoon phase is officially over. You need to make moves immediately Alex, or you need to come out and say "we aren't spending. We are staying the course for 2019 and beyond."

We only might win this game tonight cuz we're facing the Reds. They just blew a bases loaded and no out in the top of the 10th.

Snit should have let Folty pitch the 6th. He could have if he wanted to. I'm sure he was just trying to protect him after coming off the DL, but Lucas Sims? First of all, why he's even still in the organization is beyond me, but why is he on the major league club? He should never see Atlanta again, and I have no clue why the FO keeps giving him chances when all he does is consistently get lit up time after time. Oh well, still in first place and Ozzie Albies and stuff.

Baseball is a bit loopy right now. Reds and Orioles are red hot, Yankees just got swept by the Rays who are also red hot. Nationals are ice cold. Etc.
Yea I’m totally over the Rays right now. They seem to have our number lately. Have two more games w the Phils then the Sox and Braves are on deck. Gotta get it together.

I’ll say this about the Braves. They’re playing much better ball that I anticipated them playing. And from what I understand, they are a young team. So the future looks bright.

Now we have horrible negotiating leverage for a starter or a bullpen arm because other teams know we're desperate. So that's good.

I don't really care who we include in deals as long as it isn't Touki Touissant. That dude could become a legitimate #1.

Coppy was a wizard at some of his trades.
i

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT