ADVERTISEMENT

2020 PG Jeremy Roach

Makes sense. If we whiff on Boogie or Anthony's gone in a year, we'll definitely be in need. Wouldn't bank on Coby being here 3 years either. Roy's shown we can compete with the big boys in recruiting again, too.

PaulVI has emerged as a POWER in local DC sports in a very short time. They play in the Catholic league with Gonzaga, DeMatha and my alma mater St Johns as TOP competition in America. I have read a little about this youngster and he is GOOD VERY GOOD!!!

Gonna be a battle for his services.

He's a 2020 recruit. So he is15-16 years old. He seems to be "wowing" the big time basketball minds. Not very familiar with him, but you seem like a very tough audience.

Roach has been playing at a High Level for many years. Kendall Marshall dad has wanted UNC on him for a while now. Roach was very high on UVA from articles I read before dook offered. Marshall dad coaches with Team Takeover so he may get in Roach ear some I would think.
Also played aau this past summer with Armando Bacot.

Reactions: Archer2
I like his vision and handle. He seems athletic enough just not blazing fast. He has good form on his shot and finishes through contact. I don't see what is not to like. He is young and has plenty of time to grow. He has the body to be successful and seems to have the drive. I hope we stay in touch and see how he matures!

I followed Roach quite a bit this summer after seeing him pop up on our target list for 2020 recruits and he impressed me with his play for Team USA and Team Takeover alongside Armando, so I was happy to see us extend the offer to him.

Some of my takeaways from watching him are that he is very good at getting into the lane and scoring at the rim and has a good floater and pull up when needed. One thing that really stands out about his game is his ability to change speeds in transition and how well he stays under control (for someone at his age), allowing him to read the defense and make the best decision.

During Peach Jam with Team Takeover (a very talented squad), Roach did a nice job of playing very unselfish and making others around him better. Another thing that he does very well is passing ahead effectively in transition with no hesitation. He most definitely has that presence about him of being a good leader on the floor with a high basketball IQ, confidence and energy he plays with on both ends (he always seems to pick up steals and reads his opponents well). I can see him evolving into a very good floor general at the next stage as he already possesses some of these traits in his game.

Also, how great is it that we have none other than his teammate and fellow Virginian, Armando to give us a little extra help here too.

I followed Roach quite a bit this summer after seeing him pop up on our target list for 2020 recruits and he impressed me with his play for Team USA and Team Takeover alongside Armando, so I was happy to see us extend the offer to him.

Some of my takeaways from watching him are that he is very good at getting into the lane and scoring at the rim and has a good floater and pull up when needed. One thing that really stands out about his game is his ability to change speeds in transition and how well he stays under control (for someone at his age), allowing him to read the defense and make the best decision.

During Peach Jam with Team Takeover (a very talented squad), Roach did a nice job of playing very unselfish and making others around him better. Another thing that he does very well is passing ahead effectively in transition with no hesitation. He most definitely has that presence about him of being a good leader on the floor with a high basketball IQ, confidence and energy he plays with on both ends (he always seems to pick up steals and reads his opponents well). I can see him evolving into a very good floor general at the next stage as he already possesses some of these traits in his game.

Also, how great is it that we have none other than his teammate and fellow Virginian, Armando to give us a little extra help here too.
Well Frank, I respect your opinion about as much as anybody on this board. He’s not ranked that high for nothing.

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT