ADVERTISEMENT

Did Scheyer offer TJ Power just to keep him away from UNC?

DaveChapelle

All-American
Sep 17, 2020
Watching dook go down as their whole team bricks 3s and I'm wondering where is TJ Power?

When GG decommitted Hubert immediately went after Power (and Zayden High.) dook offered Power shortly after we did and landed him. Then they rarely played him all season and recruited over him for next year.

Did Scheyer only take him to keep him away from UNC? We spent about 80% of the season lamenting how little our bench gave us in the scoring column. Power is likely a poor defender, but his offense fits the Brady Manek role perfectly.

Dook has done that for yrs .. So yes just to keep them from wearing the real shade of blue !! Since they get preseason #1 recruit class of the yr award almost every year... just another reason to despise them even more !

Watching dook go down as their whole team bricks 3s and I'm wondering where is TJ Power?

When GG decommitted Hubert immediately went after Power (and Zayden High.) dook offered Power shortly after we did and landed him. Then they rarely played him all season and recruited over him for next year.

Did Scheyer only take him to keep him away from UNC? We spent about 80% of the season lamenting how little our bench gave us in the scoring column. Power is likely a poor defender, but his offense fits the Brady Manek role perfectly.

Comparing a senior Brady Manek and a freshman TJ Power is laughable. Except for Washington, I agree with most of your takes, but this ain't one of them.

Comparing a senior Brady Manek and a freshman TJ Power is laughable. Except for Washington, I agree with most of your takes, but this ain't one of them.
I never said he'd turn into Brady Manek his freshman year.

I said his offensive game fits the role.

Doesn’t dook bring in about ten kids a year? So to answer your question they probably did.

Stevenson would have been nice off our bench.
In hindsight, we would have been better off taking him and letting him reclassify instead of betting on 5th year knucklehead Withers.

He averaged more points and played more minutes per game than Withers this year, and he'll just get stronger and better next year.

Reactions: Assasin3200
Seems they may be doing the same to cade Tyson from Belmont. They already have enough players for two teams and still offering guys in the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT