ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Ryder Cup

I really hope they stay away from just making this a Brooks vs. Bryson thing. I'm sick of it.

I think Europe is just better suited for these team events so give me them 15.5 to 12.5.

Reactions: gteeitup
the last two cups i’ve had zero feeling either way other than we still suck at foursomes and four ball…part of me thinks we should have some of those types of events here during a season, or at least during the fall season…then part of me thinks, these guys are spoiled pros, let them figure it out if they’re tired of being embarrassed lol.

i believe we should always have a heel on the team, be it by merit or a captain’s pick…the obvious one didn’t make the team, but is a beast during the cup and also didn’t have a terrible year…the euros have three on their squad seemingly all the time.

and by heel, i mean not a tar heel. 😉

Reactions: Heelicious
the last two cups i’ve had zero feeling either way other than we still suck at foursomes and four ball…part of me thinks we should have some of those types of events here during a season, or at least during the fall season…then part of me thinks, these guys are spoiled pros, let them figure it out if they’re tired of being embarrassed lol.

i believe we should always have a heel on the team, be it by merit or a captain’s pick…the obvious one didn’t make the team, but is a beast during the cup and also didn’t have a terrible year…the euros have three on their squad seemingly all the time.

and by heel, i mean not a tar heel. 😉
Like a Cinderella story, kid outta nowhere, like Bill Murray in Caddyshack? I had to mention it because Bill in this movie is one of the great all time golf comedy pieces IMO.

euros show up today in green bay packer colors and wearing cheese heads, they get it.

if i’m ever fortunate enough to attend this event, i would be loud and would stay drunk.

• Haha
euros show up today in green bay packer colors and wearing cheese heads, they get it.

if i’m ever fortunate enough to attend this event, i would be loud and would stay drunk.
Your comments here on this thread are right on, I think. On paper and on pure individual accomplishments, individual world rankings, etc US should win these team matches handily, or at least win more often.

But I don't know how one can ever get it to be as big of a deal to the US as to the foreign players. It's like a Superbowl to the Euros and an early regular season game to the US players.

Your comments here on this thread are right on, I think. On paper and on pure individual accomplishments, individual world rankings, etc US should win these team matches handily, or at least win more often.

But I don't know how one can ever get it to be as big of a deal to the US as to the foreign players. It's like a Superbowl to the Euros and an early regular season game to the US players.
the easy answer for me is we are selfish pricks.

• Haha
I have had the good fortune to go to 4 Ryder Cups and it is an event in SPORTS unlike any other. Pure pressure and passion... today the US was really dialed in and leads 6-2 BUT with the Euros NO lead is safe IMO. I am incredibly impressed with our rookies especially Finau and the X man and Cantlay just is rock solid.... Patty Ice indeed.

I expect the Euros to come out tomorrow and play very well... BUT I expect the same for the US. Whistling Straights is a spectacular venue... Just a great event to watch

This is a tough tournament for me to be partisan because I like a bunch of the European players. I did like the US decision to go with youth on the captain's picks.

Today is the only day I've watched this year and I don't think I've ever seen so many crazy lies in one day of golf.

Man o Man what a day The Us needs 3.5pts to win the Cup Terrific play by us with a few exceptions I will not name. a team of Thomas, Morikawa... Cantlay and throw in Koepka That is the core of a tremendous Ryder Cup future Morikawa is soooooo clutch, he Just refuses to fold under pressure

So, if the US wins the first several matches and reaches 14.5 (15) points, does everyone left still finish their match?

iirc, it depends…usa could be classy and end it by conceding…i want to say it happened in the 80’s????

for me, i’m not conceding s…i’d love to post +19 points.

They might even throw up a 20 spot...

• Love
What a performance by our team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Record setting all over the place Wow is all I can say, especially today with BOTH of the unstoppable Spaniards getting beaten and beaten BADLY. The future of the America team is incredibly bright with SO much young talent...Thomas Speith,MR Clutch Morikawa, the
X man, Koepka, Dechambeaux, and DJ is all of 31

I am hoping to go to Rome in 2023... but gonna just enjoy this one for a LONG time

OOPS I left out Cantlay THAT is how deep the talent pool is

Last edited:
what’s great about this current usa flow is tiger, phil, furyk, etc are done playing…they are only using their minds now, which is great…they are killers, so let them be captains…more future captains are toms, dimarco, and duval.

What a performance by our team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Record setting all over the place Wow is all I can say, especially today with BOTH of the unstoppable Spaniards getting beaten and beaten BADLY. The future of the America team is incredibly bright with SO much young talent...Thomas Speith,MR Clutch Morikawa, the
X man, Koepka, Dechambeaux, and DJ is all of 31

I am hoping to go to Rome in 2023... but gonna just enjoy this one for a LONG time

OOPS I left out Cantlay THAT is how deep the talent pool is
And Berger and Finau played well and seem pretty young, too. Set up for success in the future. I think the average world ranking of the US individuals was #8. The average for the Euros was #30.

From what I saw from some shots on TV, nearly every player on each side had their own "trophy" on their shoulders or on their arm.

After some level of money accomplishment, this is one of the biggest perks of being a big time legit golf pro, I suppose.

iirc, it depends…usa could be classy and end it by conceding…i want to say it happened in the 80’s????

for me, i’m not conceding s…i’d love to post +19 points.
being classy might also mean giving them a chance to salvage a point or two and save some face. I would leave it up to the Euros. I didn't pay a lot of attention to what the crowds were saying, but from a few announcer comments it must have been pretty rough. That's a shame; bury them indeed, but a display of class from the gallery would make it a lot more gratifying.

Again we are so deep I also forgot to mention Finau LOVE LOVE that kid and his attitude.....oh my bad DJ is 37 NOT 31 . BUT IMO he is good for least two more Cups. BTW if you wanna get a great laugh watch you tube clip of the team presser after the cup especially DJ, who was clearly blitzed and was hilarious in answering questions. He was asked if he would sleep with cup he said... hell yes and I will take pictures,

Again we are so deep I also forgot to mention Finau LOVE LOVE that kid and his attitude.....oh my bad DJ is 37 NOT 31 . BUT IMO he is good for least two more Cups. BTW if you wanna get a great laugh watch you tube clip of the team presser after the cup especially DJ, who was clearly blitzed and was hilarious in answering questions. He was asked if he would sleep with cup he said... hell yes and I will take pictures,
yeah it was pretty funny. Good stuff. You could tell the guys really did like each other quite a bit and had a ton of respect for Stricker. He seemed like a great captain.

The whole forced Brooks Bryson hug at the end was a lot of cringe though. They can tolerate each other for the good of the team, which is big of them, but don't force them into acting like they are bros now.

Xander at that press conference was pretty darn funny. He personally was totally lit up - and had a big ol lit up stogey, too - getting smoke in everyone's faces. He was the only one. He didn't care - let the anti-smokers have their seizures. Who cares? He said something about not even realizing they had to stay sober and "do media" after the event, which got a great laugh from everyone.

I think even DJ said he was willing to be in bed with the trophy and one of his playing partners. His deadpan dry sort of humor was pretty funny. Now one of only 4 or 5 guys ever to win 5 points in a single Ryder Cup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT