ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Ryder Cup

being classy might also mean giving them a chance to salvage a point or two and save some face. I would leave it up to the Euros. I didn't pay a lot of attention to what the crowds were saying, but from a few announcer comments it must have been pretty rough. That's a shame; bury them indeed, but a display of class from the gallery would make it a lot more gratifying.
I think they were supposed to give out some sportsmanship award to top good sport from each team, but I never heard who got that. One guy, I can't remember who from US - came out and told the crowds to be nicer and more civil to the Euros.

One thing is sure about the Wisconsonites, reinforced by the post @gunslingerdick shared above. Of all talents or skills in the world, the Sconnies are experts at the art of binge drinking.

The residents of that state start early in age, early in the day, any day, and take it to a perfected art form. No other state is even in the same league as WI when it comes to drinking.

Reactions: bluetoe
Again we are so deep I also forgot to mention Finau LOVE LOVE that kid and his attitude.....oh my bad DJ is 37 NOT 31 . BUT IMO he is good for least two more Cups. BTW if you wanna get a great laugh watch you tube clip of the team presser after the cup especially DJ, who was clearly blitzed and was hilarious in answering questions. He was asked if he would sleep with cup he said... hell yes and I will take pictures,
i enjoyed that presser very much lol

Reactions: bluetoe
I think they were supposed to give out some sportsmanship award to top good sport from each team, but I never heard who got that. One guy, I can't remember who from US - came out and told the crowds to be nicer and more civil to the Euros.

One thing is sure about the Wisconsonites, reinforced by the post @gunslingerdick shared above. Of all talents or skills in the world, the Sconnies are experts at the art of binge drinking.

The residents of that state start early in age, early in the day, any day, and take it to a perfected art form. No other state is even in the same league as WI when it comes to drinking.
LOL, I have actual experience to corroborate this. Many moons ago, one of my buddies in basic training was from Wisconsin and on our first weekend pass, a few of us went to Nashville, where some of his family and friends had come down and gotten a room. We drank and drank and drank, and I was determined to show off my capacity but I was just pissing up a tree. Long after I had gone into a stupor, those idiots were still tossing 'em down like it was water. The next day when I had to admit to being a comparative lightweight, they informed me that no one can outdrink a Wisconsonite. I wish I had known that before I threw up in the pool.

• Haha
Reactions: Heelicious
During one shot during the event, right after a Euro hit an approach shot, I heard one lone (surely drunk) fan yell very loud "get in the weeds!"

Harsh - but it made me laugh out loud.
lol, sounds like the guys I used to play golf with.

Reactions: Heelicious
if I ever get a chance to play Whistling Pants or whatever that course from Hell is, the first thing I'm going to do is buy a box of four sleeves of balls. The second thing I'm going to do is walk to the shore of the lake and toss the entire box in the water, and then head to the clubhouse bar. Why waste time losing them one at a time when you could get a head start on the real fun?

Just kidding sort of; that would be an amazing, and probably an an amazingly frustrating course to play.

if I ever get a chance to play Whistling Pants or whatever that course from Hell is, the first thing I'm going to do is buy a box of four sleeves of balls. The second thing I'm going to do is walk to the shore of the lake and toss the entire box in the water, and then head to the clubhouse bar. Why waste time losing them one at a time when you could get a head start on the real fun?

Just kidding sort of; that would be an amazing, and probably an an amazingly frustrating course to play.
pete dye was amazing, probably the best ever…you know it was all flat before the design…iirc, it was a freakin air field lol

also, this:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT