ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Tic toc is Hubert going to get a center this year.
It sounds like Hubert is vetting players for all the right reasons that may want to come to Carolina and that might take some time.

It got me thinking though, would you be okay with a dude who is just after a bag of money and doesn't really care about UNC if he was good enough?

For example, I really like Omoryuri but what if he is just chasing cash? Is he worth the chemistry risk.

Feels like team chemistry was a huge difference between '22 and '23 and how those seasons went.

I can see both sides of the argument and am a little torn on where I land...

It’s the new way to build a team a lanky 18 year old is only going to help but so much

So yes go buy a team it’s what they do now

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
It’s the new way to build a team a lanky 18 year old is only going to help but so much

So yes go buy a team it’s what they do now
You damn sure don't spend $1.2 mill on a guy you have to bench at the end of games. Indiana is desperate.

Per On3, UConn just picked up center Tarris Reed from Michigan. They have him rated just below Bradshaw and just above Wolf among centers.

Sounds like Seth hasn't generated the interest from other schools that he thought (or someone in his camp thought) would be coming from the transfer portal.

The portal looks to only be growing. NCAA in the process of making unlimited transfers, no wait from season to season after getting swatted down earlier by the West Virginia ruling on limiting 1 transfer with immediate eligibility for the upcoming season, they basically had to.

The portal looks to only be growing. NCAA in the process of making unlimited transfers, no wait from season to season after getting swatted down earlier by the West Virginia ruling on limiting 1 transfer with immediate eligibility for the upcoming season, they basically had to.
Pretty sure our lawsuit on behalf of Tez Walker, threatening Anti-Trust, laid the groundwork for all of this.

For the foreseeable future, players can transfer every year and be immediately eligible, because of NIL. If the NCAA rules a player ineligible, they are limiting his ability to make money. The NCAA doesn't think they have the money to win these lawsuits, so they said screw it.

I wonder if academic eligibility is the next to go.

Pretty sure our lawsuit on behalf of Tez Walker, threatening Anti-Trust, laid the groundwork for all of this.

For the foreseeable future, players can transfer every year and be immediately eligible, because of NIL. If the NCAA rules a player ineligible, they are limiting his ability to make money. The NCAA doesn't think they have the money to win these lawsuits, so they said screw it.

I wonder if academic eligibility is the next to go.
Agreed on the first point. They did fight it in the West Virginia case which clearly said they could not enforce it though.

The transfers are still able to be denied eligibility with the new rules if the person transferring was not on pace to graduate though. I think that has sound legal standing, just can't dictate who they choose to work for.

Guarenteed contracts, buyouts, etc. may be next though, if they want some control yearvto year, just like the coaches have?

Agreed on the first point. They did fight it in the West Virginia case which clearly said they could not enforce it though.

The transfers are still able to be denied eligibility with the new rules if the person transferring was not on pace to graduate though. I think that has sound legal standing, just can't dictate who they choose to work for.

Guarenteed contracts, buyouts, etc. may be next though, if they want some control yearvto year, just like the coaches have?
Don't forget trades.

I think we should go after Nikita Konstantynovskyi - if only so we can be amused at announcer attempts to pronounce his name.

He's 6'10 245. Rode the bench for 1 year at Tulsa, red-shirted another, and then started for King Rice at Monmouth. Probably not starter material for UNC and we already have plenty of backup big guys.

I didn't see any video from Monmouth, but he doesn't look half bad in these Tulsa highlights.

Last edited:
The good thing with the immediately eligible rule is that it takes the NCAA out of determining who was eligible for a waiver. No one could figure out what rule or precedent they were going by and it seemed to take an eternity for some players and was instant for others. So this at least takes them out of that.

Here's a more serious option. 6'8 250, TS%=60.3, decent rebounder and shot blocker and makes some nice passes in this video.

Here's a more serious option. 6'8 250, TS%=60.3, decent rebounder and shot blocker and makes some nice passes in this video.

He doesn't shoot it at all though. Really skilled undersized 5 at 6'8. Dude does an awful lot well, not sure if the lack of shooting ability puts a damper on UNC's interest though, with what they may be looking for at that size.

I know fans will (rightfully) be digusted with the notion, but it’s bound to happen one day. And it will be for
I know fans will (rightfully) be digusted with the notion, but its bound to happen one day. And it will be for NIL.
Not me…I’ll take him in a freaking heartbeat! It would be a bloody nightmare for dem dookies watching their very own burn C🔥A🔥m🔥ron down to the ground!!

Go get’em HD!!!

Not me…I’ll take him in a freaking heartbeat! It would be a bloody nightmare for dem dookies watching their very own burn C🔥A🔥m🔥ron down to the ground!!

Go get’em HD!!!

I doubt he can guard his shadow. Probably why he didn’t play much at duke. He doesn’t seem adept at putting the ball on the deck and attacking either. I won’t say “hell no” to the idea but I’m hoping for a lot better.

Aidoo has a crystal ball to Baylor where he will visit this weekend.

Omoruyi has a visit to Georgetown lined up, and one to Alabama in the works.

Are we even going to get a single one of our center options to visit?

Aidoo has a crystal ball to Baylor where he will visit this weekend.

Omoruyi has a visit to Georgetown lined up, and one to Alabama in the works.

Are we even going to get a single one of our center options to visit?
$$$$$$$$. Need money

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT